what's your work daily commute?

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
Hey guys just got a change in my work commute now is about 25 miles each way, and I'm like WTF this is the most I've ever had to commute.

Last edited:

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
52 miles to and 52 miles from, ALL Interstate, BEAUTIFUL scenery

Company Taurus...cost me $0...as good as it gets

SHOdown220

Established Member
When I changed jobs I moved into the city. 2.7 mile commute, about 15 to 20 minutes depending on traffic. Got tired of paying the high prices and moved but kept the job. Ended up with 55 mile commute, 1 hour 15 minute with light traffic, 1 hour 45 minute with heavy traffic. Moved jobs and had 7 mile commute, 15 minutes. Moved jobs again now have 25 mile commute, 35 minutes. This is about as far as I would like to commute. The 55 mile one way commute into the city was brutal and gave me horrible road rage

ATX5.0

Established Member
10 Mile commute each way. With light traffic, 20min and heavy around 35-40min
I drive a 4cyl gas saver, beater, to play bumper carts in. I used to drive the stang but between driving manual and the 8-10mpgs, it sucked!

Voltwings

Established Member
My commute is just about an hour - hour 15 each way. However, I work downtown and live in the suburbs, so I take the bus.

When I get off in the evening it's about a 10 minute walk to the bust stop, then 10-15 minutes to make the few stops out of town (I get on at the first stop), then 20 - 25 minutes in the bus, then my actual drive time is only give or take 20 minutes. My actual drive time being 20 minutes is how I choose to look at it since I can either sleep or play on my phone on the bus.

Only saves a bit of money taking the bus compared to parking downtown, but saves a ton as far as gas / wear and tear on my vehicle is concerned. I'd like a shorter commute, but we have to live where we do to get the house size / yard size we wanted, so it just kind of is what it is.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Use to be 62 miles each way. New job it’s about 10 miles. Save probably $300 a month just in gas

Blown 89

Established Member
When I have my son I'm around 65 miles and when I don't have him I'm at roughly 50. That's shorter than it used to be. I used to commute 72 miles a day. A fun car and podcasts make it not too bad.

Dusten

Established Member
Hey guys just got a change in my work commute now is about 25 miles each way, and I'm like WTF this is the most I've ever had to commute.
Sweat time, not distance. In norfolk it takes 45-60 minutes to get in base even with a 15 mile commute.

My wife and I both had 55 mile commutes. Mine was 1:05, hers was 1:45 due to traffic.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Depends on the site.

My office is 80 miles.. but I have sites 185 miles away.

So between 160 miles round trip to almost 400 miles

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I did a long commute when I first graduated high school. 26 miles one way and did that for 15 years.
Currently I am 15/20 minutes away and 7.5 miles from home, one way. It's great!

Users who are viewing this thread