what's your work daily commute?

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
I live at work. Literally, my main office is connected to my house. My Shop is here, my greenhouse is here.

Machdup1

Established Member
Sweat time, not distance. In norfolk it takes 45-60 minutes to get in base even with a 15 mile commute.

My wife and I both had 55 mile commutes. Mine was 1:05, hers was 1:45 due to traffic.

You should have lived in OV. There is never any traffic. Im 20 minutes to the office at VB city center, or downtown NORFOLK or NOB and walking distance to the beach.

Dusten

Established Member
You should have lived in OV. There is never any traffic. Im 20 minutes to the office at VB city center, or downtown NORFOLK or NOB and walking distance to the beach.
I live on base because the wife is still in seattle.

08mojo

Established Member
10 miles, 15 minutes without traffic, 1.5 hours in rush hour each way. Luckily, I'm able to work my own hours. In at 6:30, out at 3:30.

SirShaun

Established Member
81.3 miles each way, twice a week, to and from Northern Virginia. Ranges from 1.5 hours no traffic, to 3 hours if chaos has ensued.

In a 2007 Corolla LE beater, hoping something good is on the radio. $20~ of fuel gets me two trips to and from.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
It's about 12 miles over two major bridges/rivers. Through three major parts of town.

Takes 25 minutes in the morning.

Takes 30 minutes in the afternoon if it's a good day. Hour+ if its a bad day.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
2.5 miles at 5:30 AM in a small town, so doesn't take long. But I cuss the red light when I catch it, no one else around. Nothing but the sound of my left turn signal...

Adower

Established Member
25 Min on public transportation. I could log In and work while commuting but just relax and people watch.

D1984

Whining
Established Member
9 miles. Takes me about 15 minutes. Just short enough to be convenient, just long enough to get my car warmed up and pin the throttle a couple times if I want to

Norm Peterson

Established Member
Interesting stories, guys.

Once I got my first job out of college, all but two of my normal commutes were within about 5 miles / 20 minutes one way. Commuting to school in Boston MA during the latter part of the 1960's inadvertently taught me how I wasn't going to spend my commuting time. Made it stick.

These days, my "commute" is maybe a matter of inches. Literally.

(I'm retired, and the kitchen table is a better place to set the laptop up on than anywhere else in the house - so I'm "at work" at the moment).

Norm

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Going to be 84 miles round trip.

Moved out a bit further from work, but hoping the house and the lot make the increase drive time worth it.

500 more SF under air and my backyard is a lot bigger with less HOA restrictions.

Users who are viewing this thread