what's your work daily commute?

Dr. Gonzo

We're in Bat Country
Established Member
Premium Member
My main office is 3 miles away, but I'm working on a construction job site that is 10 miles away.

I did 7 years of a 37 mile commute. Being fired from that job back in April has been the best thing to my career - not just for the commute.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
0 miles. Home office. I wonder how much time and money that has saved me in the 14 years I've been doing it.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Walk down stairs and turn on the boobtube. Retired.

OK Bozos, stop clowning around.

Coiled03

Established Member
Either 0.75 miles, or about 36 miles, depending on the day.

quad

Established Member
Home office. ftw.

Sent from my LG V30 ThinQ using the svtperformance.com mobile app
This. My commute the past few years is basically zero. I do have to visit job sites about once a month or meet with business partners but make sure I do this after 11 AM to avoid traffic. I have commuted up to 40 miles before during peak traffic and will not do that again. Commuting to work and dealing with traffic is dumb imo. I would have to be offered a ton of money to put up with that again.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
This. My commute the past few years is basically zero. I do have to visit job sites about once a month or meet with business partners but make sure I do this after 11 AM to avoid traffic. I have commuted up to 40 miles before during peak traffic and will not do that again. Commuting to work and dealing with traffic is dumb imo. I would have to be offered a ton of money to put up with that again.
Right. I do have mileage expenses, but i work from home. My commute is from the shower to my desk. About 30 feet.

Sent from my LG V30 ThinQ using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
15 minutes both ways or about 25 if there's traffic. Used to be 30 both ways, but got a new gig that cut my distance by almost half.

blk02edge

Established Member
Used to sit in traffic for 1.5-2hrs each way now I moved out of the big city my commute is about 15min each way in paradise. My winter commute
20180311_135030.jpg

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
You win the longest.....

I wish work was closer. It consumes so much of my time. I only have 9 1/2 more years before I can retire. If I get another job, it will be much, much closer.

The commute takes 1 hr and 45 minutes, one way. While I work 10 hrs/day, I'm gone 14 hrs each day. I averaged over 1,000 miles per week(commute/errands). It costs between $400-$450/ month just to go to work.

I'm in a Vanpool now. The time and distance is the same. Expenses are split between the Vanpool members.

Fat Boss

Established Member
29 miles each way to the heart of Silicon Valley. I drive my 2018 Focus ELECTRIC and go early. It takes just under 30 mins to get there (best time 26 mins), and I usually leave at 3 and get home in about 40 mins.

The FFE makes it both ways without a recharge. I hardly go to the gas station anymore, just to fill up the Shelby every couple of months. The FFE is surprisingly fun to drive the back roads by my house. It's very composed and neutral weighted it seems.

Khan

BANNED STOCK BRAKE PADS GURU
Established Member
Sacrificed 4 miles commute for 43 miles one way so that I can afford a bigger house and multiple cars garage without paying mansion mortgage. All highway except the last 600 ft.

01yellercobra

Established Member
About 11 miles currently. Takes me 20-25 minutes to get to work and 45-60 to get home. Which I really don't understand. The funny/sad part is my last job was about 15 miles from home. Took me 15 minutes to get there in the morning and 30 to get home. All because of the different freeways I was able to take.

My longest was about 45 I think. Took me about an hour to get home. But most of that was sitting on a small freeway waiting to get to the bigger freeway. Once I hit the 15 it was 75mph all the way home. Although if I get a call back about a possible opening I might be joining the 90 mile club for a few years.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
I have come to realize, working in the exurbs of Washington DC that the non-essential government employees are the reason for all the traffic problems. I have never had such easy travel....... Even in the early 80s.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
I have come to realize, working in the exurbs of Washington DC that the non-essential government employees are the reason for all the traffic problems. I have never had such easy travel....... Even in the early 80s.

"Hello, I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
For the next few days.. 250 miles one way. Gotta observe some employees.

So for the next few days.. probably 650 or so a day hahahahaha oh I love it

Users who are viewing this thread