What was your last workout?

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
Swam laps for 35 minutes today.
To answer your question, I think the running will be beneficial. 15 years ago I had high cholesterol so I started running and cut out red meat and cheese. A year later my cholesterol was in the safe zone and I had dropped over ten pounds. (That put me at 158 pounds with a height of five foot, eleven.) My take on weight loss is just eat less and do more. It's not so much a matter of what you eat it's how much. I'm not a fan of weight loss supplements. I think it's poppycock.

All my blood work numbers look significantly better at 215lbs than they do at 235lbs. With my kids sports coming to an end I might have a little bit of time to run in the evening. Might even be able to take the kids with me.

Kayaked ~5 miles today.

As a kid something like kayaking would have seemed boring as hell to me. As an adult with kids it looks like a wonderful thing to do alone, somewhere quiet.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Kayaking is as much therapeutic as it is exercise. I'll be doing that in a few weeks when I visit my parents.

All my blood work numbers look significantly better at 215lbs than they do at 235lbs. With my kids sports coming to an end I might have a little bit of time to run in the evening. Might even be able to take the kids with me.

As a kid something like kayaking would have seemed boring as hell to me. As an adult with kids it looks like a wonderful thing to do alone, somewhere quiet.

The relaxation is the number one reason I do it. Exercise is just a by-product. As a bonus, I also pick up trash out of the waterway while I'm out there.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Wednesday: 20 minute stationary bike ride.
Today: Four 3-minute rounds of shadowboxing, four 3-minute rounds on heavy bag, 2 and a half minutes jumping rope, 4 sets of dips, 4 sets of pushups, 1 minute of punching with ten pound dumbbells.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I twisted my knee, and immediately screwed up my ankle chasing the dog. Wet stairs got me.

I will be focused on light stuff and diet for a bit. I'm not slowing down my normal life though.

Now where is my knee brace?

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Sat brick
bike: 90 minutes consist of 4x15 min on/5 min off. On = 5x[2min @285 watts/1min @315 watts]
run: 8 miles rolling hills @6:15/mile

Sun long ride
100 miles in and out of Mississippi river valley. 10k ft of climbing avg. 21.5 mph.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
Should I be wearing a knee braces (compression/sleeve type) for doing squats and stuff? I've had knee issues for a while, but nothing requiring surgery just a little pain every so often

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Should I be wearing a knee braces (compression/sleeve type) for doing squats and stuff? I've had knee issues for a while, but nothing requiring surgery just a little pain every so often
Definitely.
But, then again, it will take away from strengthening your knees as well. Just don't go as heavy as you used to. As long you're squeezing at the top of the rep, you're going to build muscle. Good luck man.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Another vote for compression on the knees. I use them, and recommend to patients(i’m a PT) and the ortho doc i’m most familiar with recommends them as well.

Oh, today was pull day, including the good ole deadlift :)

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
Are there any brands that are better than others?

I don't go that heavy when doing squats and if I feel a tingle of any kind in my knee I stop. One of my issues was rolling to my toes. Making sure I stay on my heels has helped along with moving at a slower pace, steady down then steady up.

We did squats and weighted lunges yesterday. It was supposed to be 5x5 @75% of max. I stopped at the fourth set. It's weird that the lunges didn't bother me at all. I thought that's where I would have the problem.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Are there any brands that are better than others?

I don't go that heavy when doing squats and if I feel a tingle of any kind in my knee I stop. One of my issues was rolling to my toes. Making sure I stay on my heels has helped along with moving at a slower pace, steady down then steady up.

We did squats and weighted lunges yesterday. It was supposed to be 5x5 @75% of max. I stopped at the fourth set. It's weird that the lunges didn't bother me at all. I thought that's where I would have the problem.
something like this is pretty good for squatting...

i also personally like these, just enough compression to make the patella stay in the trochlear groove...

but literally there are thousands to pick from, you may require some trial and error in picking one

RX1Cobra

Established Member
If you take P90X serious its not joke. I almost puked daily for the first 10 days or so.

Yesterday was:
21-15-9
50 pound DB cleans (squat)
Handstand push ups

Users who are viewing this thread