What was your last workout?

VegasMichael

Established Member
Some of you will say, "Your mom, sex or beer curls." Okay. You're funny. Haw haw haw. But on a serious note I'm always interested in what others do as well as looking for new routines or tips on how to maximize the time put into workouts. Most of what I do now is centered around cardiovascular and muscular endurance. I wasn't feeling well today so all I did was a brisk 60 minute walk.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Today was back, traps, and a little dabble of shoulders and arms. I have been a gym addict for several years and rarely miss a day. I am typically in there for 1 1/2 to 2 hours per day.

08mojo

Established Member
I've been focusing on cardio this year. Well, that's misleading because it makes it sound like I was doing something else previously... I should say that I've gotten off my ass this year. I've done a lot of mountain biking this year and started eating better. I enjoy weight training, but I see more results from mountain biking and it's a lot more fun. Once I reach my goal on fat loss, I'll incorporate weight training more often. I'm 35lbs down and 10 more to go.. maybe 15.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
I've been focusing on cardio this year. Well, that's misleading because it makes it sound like I was doing something else previously... I should say that I've gotten off my ass this year. I've done a lot of mountain biking this year and started eating better. I enjoy weight training, but I see more results from mountain biking and it's a lot more fun. Once I reach my goal on fat loss, I'll incorporate weight training more often. I'm 35lbs down and 10 more to go.. maybe 15.

Same here except I have been running on the treadmill at home. 2-4 miles 4-5 times a week. Averaging 8:00 to 8:45 a mile depending on how I feel. With work and 2 daughters and house and car projects that's about all I have time for. Trying to eat healthier too - except for several Twisted Teas on a regular basis at the pool. :) I'm down from 211 to 187, but have been stuck in the mid 180's for a few months. But clothes are fitting better - down from 38 to 34 pants - and I have a lot more endurance. I want to start hitting the weights ( been 20 years since I took that seriously ) but I'm having some issues with soreness / weakness in my right forearm. Doc thinks it is my radial nerve - so I did physical therapy and continue exercises at home. What sucks is I can't go heavy without risking ruining all the progress I've made. I have never had any physical limitations so it is hard being patient. I turn 50 next February and my goal is to be a solid 175 pounds, running 7 minute miles, and benching 225 6-8 times. Tough goal for me but if I don't get there I will at least be close, and in a lot better shape than I was for the past 15 years.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
It's a little easier for those of us who don't have children and can pretty much come and go as we please(work permitting). I have much respect for people who take the initiative to make a change to feel and look better when they barely have time in a day for it. It's amazing what a solid workout routine can do for your mental health too. This happens to be a subject I'm pretty passionate about.
Now for a couple pieces of motivation...

CZppNhAXEAEc6yZ.jpg

71CmroVudlL._UL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Ran 2 miles on the treadmill and did 120 sit-ups. I'd join a gym, but I live in a small town and don't know how to work half the equipment so F it.

fangstang

Established Member
Today was quads. Tomorrow is back and rear delts. Friday is front and side delts, traps and tris, and Saturday will be hamstrings and calves.

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
Last workout was low-bar squats and some accessory leg work. Today is bench, tomorrow is deadlifts. Rinse and repeat!

Powerlifting has become my favorite way to train. Ive seen huge improvements on all my lifts and with my body as well.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Up early for leg day.....20 minute warm up doing intervals on the stair master and then a little over an hour of wtf am I here. Nobody likes leg day.

44cUURl.png

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
My workout is push mowing my large property, working on the house, kicking ass in the garage, getting that bootay, and running around with my dog.

You don't have to go spend numb mindless hours in the gym to stay in reasonable shape. I'm not ripped but i'm not frail either.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
It's a little easier for those of us who don't have children and can pretty much come and go as we please(work permitting). I have much respect for people who take the initiative to make a change to feel and look better when they barely have time in a day for it. It's amazing what a solid workout routine can do for your mental health too. This happens to be a subject I'm pretty passionate about.
Now for a couple pieces of motivation...

I go to crossfit at 5am because kids.

cfdp.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread