Votes: 23 3.4%
  • Other

Votes: 182 26.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

4.6speed

Established Member
I plan on going to a coil-over set up some day so, for now, I just cut a coil on all four springs and left the isolaters in. For me the look is perfect and the ride is not bouncy or harsh and the rear is not lower than the front like I see so often. I am very happy with it. Now I just need some 315's out back.

04torchred

Established Member
Does anyone know exactly why the Race Springs from H&R require new shocks?

Also, do any of you have measurements of what your ride height is now with the H&R Race Springs.

Thanks!

drkchk03svt

Established Member
04torchred said:
I have a couple quick questions for you guys.

1. Are the H&R Race Springs stiffer riding(higher spring rate). Could someone that has taken a ride in cobra with both H&R SS and H&R Race please comment on ride quality differences.

2. Are the H&R's progressively wound like the Eibach's? So as the spring compresses it gets stiffer.

Thanks,

Schyler

I will answer a couple of questions... NO you dont need shocks and struts for the H&R Race springs. My best friend has H&R SS springs and I have the Race spings. He completely regrets that he did not get the race spings. The ride is about 10 times nicer. Mine is a smoother ride and tighter in the corners.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
The only reason I see for changing the shocks when going to the H&R race springs is the fact that they are higher rate, and the factory shocks would probably be a little too weak on the rebound.

Sounds like they are the way to go, considering they don't lower the car as much and probably have a better balance overall.

code3smith

Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
I have some H&R SS Springs but I've been thinking about either selling or trading them for something else! I'd love to use them but I'm afraid of running into fitments problems if I keep the car and add CCW's in April.

edit: 18x9.5 and 18x11's

I've seen others with the CCW's on their's running the Race springs (RaCeRs) but have yet to see anyone running CCW's with the SS and provide pics.

Here you go. H&R SS with the same size CCWs you asked about.

cobra1.jpg

cobra2.jpg

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
yea damn those sport springs look nice, i think i'm gonna go with those

rmgtc01

Established Member
how many of you guys have problems bottoming out on speed bumps, curbs, sidewalks, manhole covers, etc.
I had an eibach drop on my 98 GT conv. and hit everything and your mom on the road. underneath. the scrape plate was pretty beat up on trade in.
I like the fact I have some clearance on my cobra. what is a good setup that won't be a super compromise??

DanVoels

Mustang Addict
Established Member
Steeda...

I went with the Steeda springs. I love the look, buy my poor Bassani-X has taken a serious ass beating from it. My pipes hang a good 1.5 inches below anything else under my car. You guys have that problem with speed bumps, too, or do I need to get out the welding torch? :)

mazearch

how much does lowering cost?

Okay, step one taken care of... got 2003 cobra.

step two, convince wife lowering is good thing... this is hard part.

how much does it cost to lower the car 1.5-2 inches? i know it is a dumb question, but surely someone can let me know.

[email protected]

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
depends on what your going for, i think you would probably like this. see when you lower a car your just puttin in i guess you could say "shorter springs". the stock ones on our car are pretty high or long i guess you could say. i'm not a pro at this yet but what your looking for is just springs, and that lowers the car. check this link out right here: http://www.stangsuspension.com/store/comersus_viewitem.asp?idproduct=305 i hope this help. please someone come in and corect me because i'm sure i said something wrong.

mazearch said:

how much does it cost to lower the car 1.5-2 inches? i know it is a dumb question, but surely someone can let me know.

[email protected]

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
mazearch said:

[email protected]
Well, if you go the more popular route, and just swap in lowering springs you are looking at about $200 for a set depending on manufacturer. And if you don't lower it yourself, a good shop usually will charge $200-$300 for install and a alignment. If you choose to drop it yourself, you still have to get it aligned which usually runs around $70 bucks.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
i was lookin on the site, whats the difference between h&r race springs, sport springs, and super sport springs?

primo

Established Member
Wings65288 said:
i was lookin on the site, whats the difference between h&r race springs, sport springs, and super sport springs?
I'd also like to know, since they state the drop is the same on the race and sport springs.

primo

Established Member

rmgtc01

Established Member
can I get more pics of your ride. besides the fact that it was the cobra I wanted first on my list, I would like to see how it looks. As well as hear any comment positive or negative that you have on them.

[email protected]

Thanks,
Rob

DanVoels said:
I went with the Steeda springs. I love the look, buy my poor Bassani-X has taken a serious ass beating from it. My pipes hang a good 1.5 inches below anything else under my car. You guys have that problem with speed bumps, too, or do I need to get out the welding torch? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread