Votes: 182 26.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
otto said:
H&R springs are good but a pain in the ass to put on because of all the dead coils. most compressors wont get enough bite I wont tell you step by step how I did mine because you might get hurt.but lets just say it involved a hydrolic press and saftey wire. i was in a hurry that day.

are you talking about HR SS springs? If so, they wren't that bad... we just had to use a spring compressor, and it was no problem.

Scotts 03 COBRA

Established Member
I cannot decide between the H&R sports with MM isolaters or the race with stock isolaters----I want decent handling.....between the two setups I mentioned, which will sit lower or will the height be the same because of the isolaters.....I do not want to bottom out on my hans subframe connectors and I also have 17x10.5 rear wheels with drag nittos-----will I have to worry about my tires rubbing............any help would be appreciated Scott

otto

Established Member
ilumo, what compressor did you use I need one, I tried 4 of mine and all didnt have enough pull. thanks

ilumo

Established Member
Scotts 03 COBRA said:
I cannot decide between the H&R sports with MM isolaters or the race with stock isolaters----I want decent handling.....between the two setups I mentioned, which will sit lower or will the height be the same because of the isolaters.....I do not want to bottom out on my hans subframe connectors and I also have 17x10.5 rear wheels with drag nittos-----will I have to worry about my tires rubbing............any help would be appreciated Scott

To tell you the truth.... the HR SS springs did NOT handle as well as the STOCK springs... it's because they are progressive springs. They actually were more COMFORtable than the stock ones. The only thing it does is drop the car... if you want better performance, get linear springs, cut your springs, or get coilovers.

ilumo

Established Member
otto said:
ilumo, what compressor did you use I need one, I tried 4 of mine and all didnt have enough pull. thanks

Sorry, I don't have the brand he used. I brought it to a shop, and they just used what looked like a generic spring compressor...

otto

Established Member
your correct about the performance difference between stock and H&R springs. specific rate springs are almost always better than progressive rate. I was comparing them to all of the popular lowering springs out there . The H&Rs replaced eibachs in my car, they were a big dissapointment the eibachs i mean

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member
Sounds like you guys are installing springs the hard way. No compressor is needed....and the irs springs are the easiest I've ever changed.

But that's not what I wanted to say....

What I wanted to say is what are these SuperSport springs you guys keep talking about? I can't find any '99-'04 SS springs for Cobra's....only Race and Sport.

I have the Race on my 'vert and don't really want to run with no isolators so I'm going to switch to the Sport springs. (even though the Race springs are only listed for a coupe, they DO fit just the same on the 'vert)

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member
otto said:
your correct about the performance difference between stock and H&R springs. specific rate springs are almost always better than progressive rate. I was comparing them to all of the popular lowering springs out there . The H&Rs replaced eibachs in my car, they were a big dissapointment the eibachs i mean

If the initial rate is higher than stock you're still going to have better control.

ilumo

Established Member
JPIStang said:
If the initial rate is higher than stock you're still going to have better control.

not really... because the springs are going to compress at a non-linear rate... so It won't be as predictable when you are doing quick turns...

Quik Z06

Established Member
Im about to pick up an 03 Cobra with 18x9's w/275's and 18x10's w/295's and I wanted to lower it a bit which should I go with, I was thinking the H&R springs, but I dont want any rubbing issues. I dont really want a super low look just something subtle that most people wouldnt even notice.

Annihil8or

Got Fever?
Established Member
Quik Z06 said:
Im about to pick up an 03 Cobra with 18x9's w/275's and 18x10's w/295's and I wanted to lower it a bit which should I go with, I was thinking the H&R springs, but I dont want any rubbing issues. I dont really want a super low look just something subtle that most people wouldnt even notice.

Last time I saw H&R's it was not what I would call "subtle" it was like 1.5" drop. But you may be willing to roll your fenders. Nice thing about coil overs is that they are infinitely adjustable for ride height and offer better wheel rate.

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member
Quik Z06 said:

The H&R Race springs will get rid of the excess gap up front with the urethane isolators, without really looking lowered.

SN8KBITN

New SVT user
Established Member
Eibach Pro Kit! Sits nice doesn't it? Nothing wrong with Eibach!

mustang1im3.jpg
[/IMG]

mustang2rh1.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

04Cobra23

Twin Screwed
Established Member
hollywood said:
Seems like it's somewhat hard to get a straight answer !!! I need to know if anybody has a convertible 2003 Cobra with CCW Classic running 315 in the rear and which springs you are running without mods :bored:

I dont have a vert but I am running the CCW Classics with a BFG DR 315-30-18 with Steeda Sports and I like em.

04SLOBRA1

RESPECT IS EARNED
Established Member
I Installed My H&r Race Springs When I Did The Mm Grip Box Install. I Ordered The Springs Thru Tire Rack And Used Mm Iso's, I Wish I Didnt Use The Iso's Because It's Only Lowered About Half Of What Is Advertised Thru H&r. Also Mm 4 Bolt C/c Plates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread