Votes: 182 26.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Coil-overs all around.

600 lb Hypercoils from kenny brown in the back, 425 lb maximum motorsport hypercoils in the front.

26.5 inches from the ground to the top of the fender all the way around (all 4 wheels stock 17's). Back has BFG 315 DR's on stock wheels, lots of clearance w/room for big meat in the back.

Only pics I can supply from work but should show the stance if anyone's interested:

http://photobucket.com/albums/b196/AZSRCruisePics/?action=view&current=Cruise059.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/b196/AZSRCruisePics/?action=view&current=Cruise053.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/b196/AZSRCruisePics/?action=view&current=Cruise048.jpg

Car is squatting a bit as I get on the throttle from a dead stop.
http://photobucket.com/albums/b196/AZSRCruisePics/?action=view&current=Cruise023.jpg

Last edited:

Sharkster

Established Member
4.6speed said:
I plan on going to a coil-over set up some day so, for now, I just cut a coil on all four springs and left the isolaters in. For me the look is perfect and the ride is not bouncy or harsh and the rear is not lower than the front like I see so often. I am very happy with it. Now I just need some 315's out back.
did you make the cut on the top or bottom or does it matter? ie 1 full cut on the tops in front and 1 full cut on the bottom in rears? What about the supposed dead spring coil? Measure 1 around full time and then start your 1 full coil count or are you including the dead coil as the full coil..... did that crap just make sense. :bash: ive been told that the dead coil isnt counted?

rocketman461

Nahum 2:4
Established Member
SVTboy said:
My car has MAC longtubes and I would really like to try a set of the HR SS springs, the headers do not hang lower than the rest of the exhaust so does any one think that this may be a problem, also, I do go over a few speedbumps on my way to work, should this be cause for concern if I were to use the SS springs, my other option would be the Race set up, I would rather have the lower look with the SS's but I don't want to trash the underside of my car or possibly break anything, opinions??
Try H&R Race with no iso's. That should lower the front by 1/2". I was going to do that to mine but I was chicken.

hollywood

Dynamic freak
Established Member
Seems like it's somewhat hard to get a straight answer !!! I need to know if anybody has a convertible 2003 Cobra with CCW Classic running 315 in the rear and which springs you are running without mods :bored:

Last edited:

adamz1le28

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
+1 everytime I scroll down I'm getting different advice. I guess where I stand now is H&R Race springs with MM Iso's......I'd sure like to see some pics if someone out there has some. thanks

Wizardrex

THE BIG RED SEXY
Established Member
in other threads hr race and mm iso = 1/4 inch drop or so. I have my front done and it does not look any different than stock. The hr race springs are 800lb in front which you need because the car is so damn nose heavy. you don't want to drop too much especially if you put on SFC's you might scrape. I'd post pics but my front end is still on jacks had a problem with my HE and a new ones on the way. :shrug:

ACESCOBRA

Bring it on!
Established Member
hollywood said:
Seems like it's somewhat hard to get a straight answer !!! I need to know if anybody has a convertible 2003 Cobra with CCW Classic running 315 in the rear and which springs you are running without mods :bored:

+1 anyone?

Extreme281

Banned
Anybody deciding on buying springs stay away from the Eibach Pro KIt 3590.140,sorry to say there crap,it lowered the front perfectly "1.5" but it raised the rear about an inch higher than stock and trust me they were installed correctly .The ride is seriously rough .I put the stock springs but i cut 1/2 a turn and it rides like new with about 1 1/4 drop on a 04 coupe ,never tried the H&R,the blue springs are BBK

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
Extreme281 said:
Anybody deciding on buying springs stay away from the Eibach Pro KIt 3590.140,sorry to say there crap,it lowered the front perfectly "1.5" but it raised the rear about an inch higher than stock and trust me they were installed correctly .The ride is seriously rough .I put the stock springs but i cut 1/2 a turn and it rides like new with about 1 1/4 drop on a 04 coupe ,never tried the H&R,the blue springs are BBK

Heard the Eibach's were terrible. Thanks for confirming. When I had the cobra, the HR SS's sat PERFECTLY, with aftermarket isolators up front, that is, and stock in the back. the stance was schhhweeet.

P_RsSVT

Established Member
svtcobra2k1 said:
I think im going with the race springs. How is the drop without any iso's. Anyone have pics of cobras with race springs and no iso's??

H&R no isos in front. Stock isos rear...

Termin8r27

Established Member
H&R Race with stock Iso's and MM Caster/Camber plates here. Better ride than stock and the SS springs, would have been nice to be able to drop it lower...but I am happy overall.

:beer:

otto

Established Member
H&R springs are good but a pain in the ass to put on because of all the dead coils. most compressors wont get enough bite I wont tell you step by step how I did mine because you might get hurt.but lets just say it involved a hydrolic press and saftey wire. i was in a hurry that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread