• Other

Votes: 182 26.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

venomous99

Established Member
Crowe said:
Why doesn't anybody run the H&R Sport Springs? I was thinking of going with them because I don't want an extreme drop. Seems like everybody uses the race or Supersports. Just curious before I purchase.

FYI, the race springs lower the least of all the h&r springs.

KOOY

Established Member
RRR said:
just installed kenny brown club sport spring with stock isolators nice drop sits even front to back also helped with wheel hop
How much does it lower the car?

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Crowe said:
Why doesn't anybody run the H&R Sport Springs? I was thinking of going with them because I don't want an extreme drop. Seems like everybody uses the race or Supersports. Just curious before I purchase.
I run them! They work fine for me.

Rootus

BANNED
Established Member
I just installed H&R race springs along with MM isolators today. So far I'm not impressed with the drop. Or rather, the lack of drop.

With the stock springs it was 27.5" on the front (both sides) to the fender lip. With the new springs, it's 27.2".

The rear was 28.5 on the driver side, 28.0 on the passenger side with stock springs. After the H&R's were installed, it's 28.0 on both sides.

So we'll see how much it settles in over the next couple weeks. MM claims almost 2 inches of drop on their web site, I'm not sure how they measure. Because the isolators are worth 0.5" at best.

Dave

stimeybob

REDFIRE COBRA
Established Member
I've had my H&R Race springs on for about 3-4 months, they are sitting 27'' in the rear and 26.5'' in the front. Is there anything I can do to get 26.5'' in the rear also without any squeaks or rattles. I here removing the Iso will make noise due to metal to metal. Is this true or not, and will it be a .5'' drop. Thanks

cdh027

Established Member
stimeybob said:
I've had my H&R Race springs on for about 3-4 months, they are sitting 27'' in the rear and 26.5'' in the front. Is there anything I can do to get 26.5'' in the rear also without any squeaks or rattles. I here removing the Iso will make noise due to metal to metal. Is this true or not, and will it be a .5'' drop. Thanks

I have heard it will be about 1/4" drop (but dont quote me). I would also like to know what the front would drop without the stock iso's and what the front would raise with MM iso's over stock ???????? TALK TO US EXPERTS !!!! :beer:

rocketman461

Nahum 2:4
Established Member
Just got finished putting my H&R race springs on at our ever-exciting "garage night". I am very happy with the handling (and I mean VERY happy), but the front still sits higher than the rear. Will get dimensions tomorrow. I realize that the springs will settle a bit, but I still might cut 1/2 a coil from the front. I used a spring compressor (free rental from Auto Zone - "bring it back when you're done") for the fronts and the rears practically fell out after removing the shocks.
By the way, can someone give my the dumb-dumb version on how to post pics?

rocketman461

Nahum 2:4
Established Member
H&R Race springs

Front fenders are 27 1/8" from ground & rear fenders are 27" from ground. Hopefully, the fronts will settle down a bit. Now, all I need (famous last words) is 17X9's!

dsc014427tq.jpg

dsc014414cz.jpg

dsc014402rt.jpg

Last edited:

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
rocketman461 said:
Just got finished putting my H&R race springs on at our ever-exciting "garage night". I am very happy with the handling (and I mean VERY happy), but the front still sits higher than the rear. Will get dimensions tomorrow. I realize that the springs will settle a bit, but I still might cut 1/2 a coil from the front. I used a spring compressor (free rental from Auto Zone - "bring it back when you're done") for the fronts and the rears practically fell out after removing the shocks.
By the way, can someone give my the dumb-dumb version on how to post pics?
Congrats man, I love mine, the car drives perfect with em.

Moody03SVT

Hear2Learn@Teach
Established Member
for those who have had the springs on for months now, like 8-10 months... how is the handling? have the shocks held up? any noises?

Just checking longevity of some of the popular purchases

SVTboy

Established Member
My car has MAC longtubes and I would really like to try a set of the HR SS springs, the headers do not hang lower than the rest of the exhaust so does any one think that this may be a problem, also, I do go over a few speedbumps on my way to work, should this be cause for concern if I were to use the SS springs, my other option would be the Race set up, I would rather have the lower look with the SS's but I don't want to trash the underside of my car or possibly break anything, opinions??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread