• Other

Votes: 182 26.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I had a shop install my Eibach's, but I want to "rework" them myself? What do I need in order to remove the springs, front and rear, and then reinstall them? I am going to cut about 1/2 of a coil off of the front, and one whole coil off of the rear.

Thanks,

Jeff

Art Vandalay

I've been searching and reading about springs and struts for awhile and have a couple questions.
I've got a 99 Cobra Convert. and am wondering if I can run Super Sport Springs on the car when the only listing is for Sport Springs for 99 Cobras.
I'm looking for a good riding car not going to be tracked. I have had the car for about a year now and the thing rides horrible. I've driven alot of different Mustangs and this thing rides the worst. I plan on putting H&R springs with Koni adjustable struts so I can soften the ride if wanted. Just wondering what you guys think. Thanks much

drkchk03svt

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
I had a shop install my Eibach's, but I want to "rework" them myself? What do I need in order to remove the springs, front and rear, and then reinstall them? I am going to cut about 1/2 of a coil off of the front, and one whole coil off of the rear.

Thanks,

Jeff

absolutely nothing.... front is very easy... just like doing any other mustang. Rear all you have to do is drop IRS a little. People (including me) used to try to use a spring compressor but it is a pain in the ass.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
drkchk03svt said:
absolutely nothing.... front is very easy... just like doing any other mustang. Rear all you have to do is drop IRS a little. People (including me) used to try to use a spring compressor but it is a pain in the ass.

So would I just need to loosen the 4 IRS bolts and drop it down?

davbrucas

Banned
H&R SS with MM isos in the front and stock isos in the rear....perfect if you ask me! no CC plates yet as i am going to check the alignment next week to see if they are needed...

davbrucas

Banned
HISSMAN said:
So would I just need to loosen the 4 IRS bolts and drop it down?

see my write-up on my thread about just installing the H&R SS springs...

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
I'm running the Steeda springs. I would've gone w/ the H&R springs, but they lower the car a little too much for the amount of "around town" driving I do. I would constantly be worried about scraping speed bumps or the street when pulling out of a sloped driveway. I'm happy w/ the Steeda springs. They look decent.

Brandon

topless10th

Established Member
i just finished the install of kenny brown's convertible specific springs with replacement of factory isolators and car is conservatively dropped (about 1.25") and rides just like stock but handles better than before. im happy

RRR

Whipple Charged
Established Member
just installed kenny brown club sport spring with stock isolators nice drop sits even front to back also helped with wheel hop

Z O SICK

Established Member
I just installed H & R SS with MM iso's all around. It's sits nice in the fron but it's sits a little to high in the back for me. I might taek out an ISO up top.

magstang1

C'mon say it man RAMROD!
Established Member
H&R ss with mm iso's all the way around. The front is a little lower than the back. Just a little rake.

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
Have any of you guys noticed that the HR SS springs DONT handle as well as stock. Well, in terms of "quick" transitions anyway... like when you are cruising on the highway and need to steer quick to the left, then back to the right... there seems to be MUCH more body roll than with stock. I think thats because of the progressive nature of the spring. Like how the spring rate is much less for the first few inches of compression, whereas the stock springs were the same throughout. It really sucks that I will have to be that much more skillful if an emergency calls for a quick response. I almost think that cutting the stock springs OR getting coilovers would be the best. All the other "progressive" springs will be the same. On the bright side, looks are killer though...

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
I called about my Kenny Brown springs that have been on backorder for 2 months and they are supposed to be delivered today. I am going to try to get them installed this week and will post pics ASAP. It should look pretty sweet with my new wheels.

Crowe

Established Member
springs

Why doesn't anybody run the H&R Sport Springs? I was thinking of going with them because I don't want an extreme drop. Seems like everybody uses the race or Supersports. Just curious before I purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread