• Other

Votes: 182 26.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
I'm running a combo fo H&R sport in the rear and Eibach Pro up front. The rake is gone, which is what I was looking for.....
DCP_0751A
DCP_0752A

Last edited:

jwfisher

Banned
Real Cobra R springs, and matching Cobra R Bilsteins. Point was handling - not slamming or otherwise posing.

My site has extensive install pics of the entire thing.

RedSquad7

E.D.209
Established Member
To cut or not to cut??

I have the Eibachs and I'm not really pleased with the lowering. Car handles and rides very wel, cant complain about that....Just did'nt give me the look I wanted. Have any of the fellas that took a coil off of the stock springs had ANY problems with them? If not I may try that before ordering H&Rs.

mwaull

SVT VENM
Established Member
I have some that are light blue in color... anyone know what these are? Someone told me they might be BBK. They are like light (baby) blue. I received the car with them on... so not sure EXACTLY what they are... help me!!!

:shrug:

RGrossman

Established Member
Everyone who cut their stock springs, did you cut a full coil front and rear? if not, how much front, how much rear and any pics?

Also, did you remove the coil from the top of bottom of the spring?

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
Here is what I did...

Originally posted by RGrossman
Everyone who cut their stock springs, did you cut a full coil front and rear? if not, how much front, how much rear and any pics?

Also, did you remove the coil from the top of bottom of the spring?
[/ QUOTE]

I cut one full coil from both the rear as well as the front. I believe I cut both springs at the bottom of the coil.

Pics...

03+Cobra+Side%231.jpg

03+Cobra+Side%233.jpg

03+Cobra+Side%234.jpg

03+Cobra+Side.jpg

Last edited:

Silver10thAConv

Established Member
Your car looks great JC!
I may do that to my car after I get Tom to make/install some BMS sub-frame connectors.

Are those the wheels you had on your red Cobra?

RGrossman

Established Member
xtremejc,

Are your wheels 25.7" tall? Can you measure from the fender to the ground for me? That height looks perfect... Does it matter if you cut the coil from top or bottom?

CMPRSD

Established Member
Maximum Motorsports Coilover conversion, using the Bilsteins from the car. Rear shocks were machined. 375#F, 575#R. Ride, handling both excellent; stance outstanding. Would post pic but...I guess since I haven't posted a few hundred times yet, I'm not allowed.

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
Dan !!!

Originally posted by Silver10thAConv
Your car looks great JC!
I may do that to my car after I get Tom to make/install some BMS sub-frame connectors.

Are those the wheels you had on your red Cobra?
Dan:

Good to hear from again buddy... I didn't get a chance to thank you for your help on the suspension of the 97 Cobra, I really appreciate it !!!:thumbsup:

I need to get some subs on the car as soon as time permits, that is on my list of things to do...

The wheels are the ones from the red car and they look better on the 03 IMO.

I got a set of Bogart Drag Wheels for the 97 as the car only goes to the strip and back more often than not...

Take care,
JC

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
Originally posted by RGrossman
xtremejc,

Are your wheels 25.7" tall? Can you measure from the fender to the ground for me? That height looks perfect... Does it matter if you cut the coil from top or bottom?

Also, any alignment issues with cutting the springs?

Yes... The wheel and tire combo is 25.68" in height.

No... No alignment issues whatsoever. I didn't even need the C/C plates I had.

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
How do you people get your car up on jacks.. I could even slide a jack under the car when i was going to change my oil, and its stock height?

oldschoolBC

Established Member
wheels?

damn those wheels are bad azz........what kind are they and where did you get them?

price too:beer:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Originally posted by CMPRSD
Maximum Motorsports Coilover conversion, using the Bilsteins from the car. Rear shocks were machined. 375#F, 575#R. Ride, handling both excellent; stance outstanding. Would post pic but...I guess since I haven't posted a few hundred times yet, I'm not allowed.

Why wouldn't you be? I can post em up for you if you want. Just click da email. :beer:

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
Re: wheels?

Originally posted by oldschoolBC
damn those wheels are bad azz........what kind are they and where did you get them?

price too:beer:

The wheels are Boyd Coddington and I got them directly from them via phone order. I remember paying a little over $2100 for all 4 plus shipping. Check out their website for more info:

www.boydcoddington.com

gmynko

I like injecting people
Established Member
Are the Eibachs for the verts the same as for the coupes? I want to lower about 1 inch in the back and front or maybe 1 1/2 in the front - Nothing too dramatic, but I want subtle improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread