• Other

Votes: 182 26.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Just curious to see what lowering springs you guys are using on the Cobras and which are most popular.

After voting for the manufacturer, please reply with the model (i.e. race/sport) and any other equipment you needed such as a bump steer or ball joint kit.

Thanks

UltimateSVT

Steer with the Rear
Established Member
H&R race springs with urathane isolators and MM caster/camber plates. I haven't run into any bumpsteer, yet.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
H&R SS, best drop I've seen on these cars yet (aside from C/O).. Used the MM Urethane also for stability/slightly higher ride height and belive the car to sit right where I want it, 1.5" drop in front and 1.75" in rear. Car rides stock and looks so much better. Tire rack is best price that I've seen...

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Originally posted by UltimateSVT
H&R race springs with urathane isolators and MM caster/camber plates. I haven't run into any bumpsteer, yet.

I'am with him!.
Great drop and no scrapes.:)

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Originally posted by F8l Vnm
I'am with him!.
Great drop and no scrapes.:)

Hey Abtin,

Can you afford a digital camera or what man?

Bobrammer

Established Member
I'm running the Cobra R springs which were manufactured by Eibach. I also have M/M spring isolators and caster / camber plates.

graffix50

SVTP
Established Member
Steeda sports....The backs sit a little high. Only dropped about 1/2 inch. Fronts look great. They dropped a full inch.

I am going to switch to H&R rears when I do my irs MM bushings.

JaketheSnake

roll race? where?
Established Member
about to go foird racing drag springs but im going solid axle...H&R seem to be the best with the IRS imo

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
Ghetto lowering springs !!!

I will probably get some flak for having done what I did but what the heck. I decided to try something before droping the cash for the H&R springs and I'm glad I did... I cut the factory springs approximately 1 full coil and here are the results:

Side+Pic+Dark+%232.jpg

Side+Pic+Dark+%234.jpg

The car does ride a little more harsh than before but I expected some deterioration in ride anyways. The car looks great in my opinion... I may keep them untill I'm sure if I want to change them anyhow...

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Originally posted by graffix50
Steeda sports....The backs sit a little high. Only dropped about 1/2 inch. Fronts look great. They dropped a full inch.

I am going to switch to H&R rears when I do my irs MM bushings.

Are those the "normal" sports or the 03 Cobra specific springs?

kencobra

Face Down In Cabo
Established Member
What are the possible problems one might encounter cutting the factory springs ? Has anyone other than extremejc went this route ?

arts5l

Established Member
If I could get a set of H&R's, they are my first choice. I have been waiting since first week in march and everyone keeps telling couple of weeks. Finally gave up and went with eibachs.

cbrtrx

Established Member
my springs were cut for many miles with a good ride and better handling, everyone who rode in it said it rode good too, now i have steada and my car sits higher and rides the same, the cobra springs are not progresive rated so cutting a little will not affect spring rate that much only ride height

Roush9703

Established Member
eiback prokit with only the bottom isolator in the front, and both stock isolators in the rear. for me it set perfectly, with a nice mean looking rake.

jpicc

Established Member
I had the Eibach springs in my Cobra, they didn't lower or give me look I was looking for. So I cut one full coil out of the stock springs, the car sits perfect as far as I'm concerned. Just my 2-cents.

venomous99

Established Member
h&r race springs with the stock isolators. ride is just right and the car sits about the same height as a cobra lowered with eibach prokits w/out the softer spring rate.
i was going to with the sport springs but am totally happy with the race springs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread