what mods do you regret?

mysterio

Established Member
Huh, well I wonder if my MGW shifter was really worth the money? Seems odd I am thnking that now as I have had the mod for 4-5 years already. Makes me wonder how bad the stock shifter really was?

You may only notice how 'bad' the stock shifter is if you upgrade to a Cobra from something else that had a nice short throw. My 01 Bullitt had a nice short throw that spoiled me.

The first thing I noticed when test driving my 03 Cobra was how sloppy the stock shifter was. I vowed that if I bought the car, the MGW shorty would be the first upgrade.

Did, and was. ;)

Big diff.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
Agreed, Lou! :rockon:

Looks JUST like stock, but the length that it should have been to start with. And it DOESN'T look like those 3" wide plastic ones that some people have. And it's funny, I actually think that my radio signal INCREASED since I got it :??:

Either way, I couldn't be happier with the thing!! :rockon:

I guess since I don't have any real mods, I don't regret any of them :-D

do you have any links to the amazon one?

thanks

Invictus

Banned
Longtube headers.

Heat in the cab. Excessive road noise and reduces overall every-day driveability and practicality of the car. Never again!

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Longtube headers.

Heat in the cab. Excessive road noise and reduces overall every-day driveability and practicality of the car. Never again!

I've never heard this before. Good to know. How did it kill driveablity? Just the heat in the cab? How did it cause excessive road noise?

svt2ner

Established Member
Longtube headers.

Which longtube headers, never heard of that before. only complaints I have ever heard is the install and leaking.

Anything from LFP!

I have their throttlebody no complaints and significantly better than the accufab one i had.

Last edited:

bwd0311

Established Member
bbk o/r x-pipe for my old 96 cobra had horrible fitment couldnt use the stock hangs and after trying to tweeck it for 5 hours it still rattled what a piece!

Jroc

Established Member
Anything from LFP!

Is that because you've gotten bad parts from them that didn't work properly, or because you have a prejudice against their company because you may have gotten poor custom service from them or something like that?

Fat-cat

Established Member
Longtube headers.

Im having my Kooks ceramic coated for this very reason. They will get hotter then say your average x pipe but with the coating its will be a mild diff in interior temps. We never get above 30 degrees C much here anyway. As for noise... DUHHHHH lol

Last edited:

bubblehead93

Established Member
JBA mid-length headers - bought the whole package - titanium coated SS headers, 3" SS catted H-pipe, 3" SS cat-back exhaust. It all looked beautiful, except the steering shaft went straight through one of the pipes. I'm not talking about a simple dimpling of the header to fit (an almost $1000 header), it required dimpling of the header and shimming the motor up (new motor mounts did not help either. I have put headers on alot of ford products over the years and have never been this frustrated. Have used JBA shorties for years on various other fords with zero issues and love them. This JBA mid-length was a POS and because I tried to old-school them in, I own them forever. I now have a set of Kooks on the car with their catted x-pipe and a Magnaflow cat-back - love it long time.

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
It's Alive Muahahahahahahahahaha!!!

This is a good thread, we shouldn't let it die. I'm getting a Terminator in 74 days so this is good stuff, keep it coming!

moot09

Established Member
Most of my mods came on the car when i purchased it. so if i were the previous owners i would regret not putting a kb+supporting mods on it for me:) So far though my only new mods were h&rs and bruces bushing kit and they have been awesome.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I regret rebuilding my busted t56 and buying a spec 3 cluth. I should have just waited and bought a t56 magnum along with a McLeod dual disc.....

Users who are viewing this thread