what mods do you regret?

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
This is funny I was going to post this same thread.
But anyway:
MM IRS bushings, I dont regret getting them, but If I was to do it all over I wouldn't have b/c of the time it took to do it.
Also my Accufab T/B, I wish I would have waited and got a stock ported one or found a used one.
Oh-and my Nitto 315 DR's, on thestreet they are great. At the track they suck.

03yellow

Established Member
What wrong with the nittos at the track?

BEATNGU said:
This is funny I was going to post this same thread.
But anyway:
MM IRS bushings, I dont regret getting them, but If I was to do it all over I wouldn't have b/c of the time it took to do it.
Also my Accufab T/B, I wish I would have waited and got a stock ported one or found a used one.
Oh-and my Nitto 315 DR's, on thestreet they are great. At the track they suck.

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
Being the test dummy for the PRO-CHARGER Cobra kit..........what a waste of time.

May issue of MM&FF.....648RWHP

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
cams and ported heads and longtubes...for the price i paid for all of these I could of gotten a KB....

then again the KBis going on in december/january :beer:

Rwick7

Established Member
I agree with the MM IRS bushings (what a pain in the arse) and the Procharger...although it really didn't end up being a waste of time.

I will also never move a battery to the trunk again in any car.

NJCOBRA10thA

Really thats my last mod.
Established Member
Hella horns, I wanted a louder horn now it's no louder just sounds like a BMW.

Juiced-03

Established Member
stlblack03 said:
I will also never move a battery to the trunk again in any car.

Me too. Nothing but problems with that mod for me. Even blew my alternator out. Besides that, I think the Redline D4 ATF was up there too. That fluid made my tranny almost unshiftable. Horrible stuff to say the least.

Oh, the densecharger was a pile of shit along with the Autolite 103 plugs

Last edited:

Orange Poison

Established Member
Magnaflow X-pipe that I sold because of the high pitch sound

Magnaflow catback (which maybe I should have left on)

Flowmaster Catback (sold because not loud enough)

I now have the Borla Stinger which I'm happy with but I wasted all the money from above

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
K&N stock replacement filter and Denso IT/22s never could get the gap right. It seemed that every few weeks I would have to re-gap, the car would run good then after said time it would start stumbleing again. The other is special, I am not disappointed with the mod just that when I was installing my Flowmaster cat-back I dropped the back of the car on the ramp mangling the newly installed pipe and later caught the muffler on a city water pipe valve du-hicky sticking out of the street. But for the most part all mods have been on Par.

M@

Rwick7

Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
Me too. Nothing but problems with that mod for me. Even blew my alternator out. Besides that, I think the Redline D4 ATF was up there too. That fluid made my tranny almost unshiftable. Horrible stuff to say the least.

Oh, the densecharger was a pile of shit too

I never even had any problems. It just wasn't worth the money and trouble. Did you do the install? What ended up being your problem?

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
I don't like the Steeda 100mm idler. Too hard to get off if you ever need to remove it. Other than that, everything else is good.

I am worried about future mods, however. I am looking at porting the Eaton and a TB but I have heard lots of negatives on these. Any opinions?

03'Darin

Established Member
BBK catted-X. Very poor design, pipe hung down to low and was always dragging the ground.

Pro 5.0 shifter. Made the shifting very "notchy" and emitted terrible gear noise. Got rid of that and did an MGW handle and damn do I ever like it.

Darin

Juiced-03

Established Member
badboy said:
I am looking at porting the Eaton and a TB but I have heard lots of negatives on these. Any opinions?

HUH?? I have not heard negatives in a long time. The only negatives I heard were regarding other companies who were new to porting. Steigemeier should be a safe bet!

Users who are viewing this thread