what mods do you regret?

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
My anti roll bar and solid bushing control arms. They aren't that bad but its gets annoying from time to time riding around on the street. I just turn up the radio. :D

crazycarlo

Established Member
Wow this thread is 9 years old. A lot has happened. Lets see new stuff to add from over the years.

Regret going with -19 CC dished pistons and dropping my CR. Killed throttle response and gas mileage and I'm sure HP.

Regret ever using rubber fuel hose on return fuel system. The smell was horrible. Switched to PTFE hose to fix.

Regret ever doing business with Lethal Performance. Shady ass company that ripped me off and apparently many others I've seen on this forum.

Regret using the windshield washer fluid bottle for water/meth injection as it's way to small. I had to switch to a trunk mount system.

Most other mods turned out decent.

You had problems with Lethal? Or do you mean Lightning Force performance or LFP?

03mustang92

1of154
Established Member
Going e85....car was tuned in october n has the same gas still in it and idles at low 11 afr, stumbles at low rpm (possible dirty injector even tho they maybe have 300 miles on them), maybe will be fixed with new gas...also regret buying nitto nt05r's bc of all the wheelhop i had with it. Secret to curing wheelhop is sidewall

MalcolmV8

Established Member
You had problems with Lethal?

Yes. As soon as you have a problem their customer service turns into a big FU. To hell with them they will never see another dime from me or any of my customers cars again.

also regret buying nitto nt05r's bc of all the wheelhop i had with it.

Ah that sucks. I've had NT05 and currently rolling on NT05R and no wheel hop on either for me.

03mustang92

1of154
Established Member
Ya i am still rockin irs, i finally got a new pair of mickey et street radials (had nitto 315/35-17) went to a 295/45-17

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
I think most of these parts company's want to give you shit to return something. I try to deal with Summit or American Muscle. AM I've never had a problem with, and Summit is local so I can go talk to a manager but never had issues from them either.

Curious to know what your issue with Lethal was. I had 1 minor small hiccup with them a few years ago but it was resolved because I, repeat I was the one willing to be flexible. Their website sucks too.

jpk

Established Member
Only mod I regret or at least am ambivalent about is the Steeda Cold Air Intake kit. First, there's the question about whether it even gives more or less power than stock airbox given it is more likely to pull in hot engine air. Then there's the fact that Steeda came out with a newer design of the shield for the Terminator version of their CAI after I bought. Also, the S&B filter that it comes with is a PITA to re-install after cleaning and the mesh just gets chewed up with each cleaning.

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
My anti roll bar and solid bushing control arms. They aren't that bad but its gets annoying from time to time riding around on the street. I just turn up the radio. :D

You're not supposed to drive on the street with the ARB hooked up :nono:

Hybbs

Established Member
Yep, no point to it unless you live where you can drop it more than 4 days a year. Actually no point to it over 65mph (wind abuse) or under 60 degrees (freezing) or over 80 degrees (sweating)

I am cured forever.

Couldn't agree more. Had a 98 Cobra for 5 years, put the top down maybe ten times. Got an 04 cobra coupe now...

mp23

Established Member
I didn't do it but I wish my was not dropped so much. Real pain in the butt worrying about bottoming out all the time. I wouldn't recommend the really low profile tires either, make it ride like a forklift. I scrape the exhaust quite regularly.

black-plasma

Established Member
I've owned mine since '05 and have been very lucky but recently that has changed.

Mechman Billet Tech Alternator which was sent back to be fixed a couple weeks ago, getting a response from this is impossible. They think the internal voltage regulator is stuck on and it already ruined one battery for me. I even had to pay shipping to send back their product that was bad to begin with. Not too mention the harness was wired wrong also. I expected a lot more from a $500 alternator. I should of bought a Nations.

McLeod RXT is getting boxed up to sent back now. Lasted a whole 15 passes (didn't even power shift) and 1,000 street miles. After talking to multiple guys at NMRA BG event it seems that the RXT is more then enough for the street or dyno queens but a few others have not had good luck with it at the track. I ordered a Ram twin disc yesterday. Nick uses it in his 1,400hp Cobra so I should be fine. RAM was great to deal with, which is a first for me with clutch companies.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
McLeod RXT is getting boxed up to sent back now. Lasted a whole 15 passes (didn't even power shift) and 1,000 street miles. After talking to multiple guys at NMRA BG event it seems that the RXT is more then enough for the street or dyno queens but a few others have not had good luck with it at the track. I ordered a Ram twin disc yesterday. Nick uses it in his 1,400hp Cobra so I should be fine. RAM was great to deal with, which is a first for me with clutch companies.

That sucks to hear. Knock on wood mine's been a beast. Held up to a ton of abuse this year and still drives like it's brand new. Just a few weeks ago we hit a local track and I made 13 passes that night of which about 10 of them where back to back just looping around later that night. Clutch never missed a beat.

Users who are viewing this thread