Vehicles That Disappoint You???

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
2006-2010 Explorer

Three things: Transmissions, Radiators, Thermostat Housings....my god.

I loved my 09 Explorer and my wife's 08 Sport Trac. Both we V8s. Only issue was broken exhaust manifold bolts on the Sport Trac.

Yeah, that 2.8L V6 was a massive turd. The TBI Vortec 4.3L V6 was better, but the enhanced Vortec 4.3L V6 with EFI was where it was at; for the time, at least. Which, I guess I should've listed my first S10. It had the 4.3, but it was the TBI version. I loved the truck, but was always disappointed that it wasn't the "enhanced" (as GM called it) 4.3. I rectified that later by trading it for an S10 SS with the enhanced Vortec 4.3. I really loved that truck. Still miss it.

GM should put the new LS based 4.3 in the Colorado.

Blown 89

Established Member
Every 2010+ Jeep - I don't know if the new models are any better but I can see why they were at the bottom of the vehicle reliability list for so long. My FIL had one and the windows would just randomly fall into the doors. I haven't been in a new Jeep that hasn't had a catastrophic problem from the factory.

New Tahoe Denali and Z71 - Atrocious interior quality, astronomical price, virtually no features. They made the F-150 look like a Bently in comparison.

New Explorer - Ford just mailed it in with the new Explorer.

Lexus RX350 - That thing is flat out unsafe to drive. The foot well wasn't big enough for my size 13's and it torque steered so bad they need to issue a recall. Not to mention the price premium they charge for utter shit interiors.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
BRZ/GT86
That little car would have been insane if it had came from the factory with the STi turbo motor. I'm not saying that I would own one, but I would probably own one.

Pic added

2019-subaru-brz-sti-turbo-price-and-release-date-1024x682.jpg

raustin0017

Established Member
All vehicles in the left lane traveling at/below the posted speed limit; disappoint me.

Any 18-wheeler in the left lane at any time; very disappointing.

All vehicles operated by an idiot texting; disappoint me very much.

Oh...I forgot; any Chevy truck that thinks he can out run my little Ecoboost F-150 is disappointed when they try.

hemdog

Established Member
The 2018 Lincoln MKC.

My wife had a 2014 Escape Titanium that we were looking to move out of. It was very nicely equipped (everything but the drivers assistance and towing package) and with 33,000 miles, still felt newish. We took a Premier MKC out for a drive and were both just like eh. Now I know it's the same platform, but I though the refinement would justify the 10k price difference over the Titanium Escape. In the end we wound up leasing a BMW X1 and she loves it.

On a side note that has nothing to do with this topic, the car I hated the most was my 1984 Chevy Cavalier Type 10. Even though it started every time, it was by far the worst pile of shit I have ever owned. The gas pedal that got stuck when you floored it kept it interesting though.

Hunter98SVT

Maximum Over Rustle
Established Member
All vehicles in the left lane traveling at/below the posted speed limit; disappoint me.

Any 18-wheeler in the left lane at any time; very disappointing.

All vehicles operated by an idiot texting; disappoint me very much.

Oh...I forgot; any Chevy truck that thinks he can out run my little Ecoboost F-150 is disappointed when they try.

I like seeing the look on guys with Hemi's and tuned diesels face when I blow past them in my 3.5 haha

_Snake_

Established Member
Yeah, that 2.8L V6 was a massive turd. The TBI Vortec 4.3L V6 was better, but the enhanced Vortec 4.3L V6 with EFI was where it was at; for the time, at least. Which, I guess I should've listed my first S10. It had the 4.3, but it was the TBI version. I loved the truck, but was always disappointed that it wasn't the "enhanced" (as GM called it) 4.3. I rectified that later by trading it for an S10 SS with the enhanced Vortec 4.3. I really loved that truck. Still miss it.

I had a manual 2wd S-10 Blazer with the 2.8 and an auto 4x4 S-10 Blazer, also with the 2.8.

To this day, I still hate their lack of power. Every vehicle I’ve owned since then has had more power than I could use, and I just realized I haven’t owned anything without forced induction since 2002. Lol

2002 Harley F-150
2005 Harley F-250 Powerstroke
2011 Audi S4
2013 Procharged Boss 302
2018 Audi S6

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Toyobaru twins. Sounds great on paper. Then you actually drive it. Inside it feels worse than some used pos scion from '98. I've never had the "tin can" feeling more than when I started driving that thing. The only time its "fun" is when you are pushing it to its absolute limits, which doesnt take much with the prius tires.

2.3L EB Mustang. Another one that sounds great on paper. Wasnt bad driving, but it made you instantly just want the 5.0, and what the hell is with the exhaust note on that car. Its a turbo 4cyl, yet nobody has any exhaust setup that gets it even close to other typical turbo 4cyls that can be made to sound decently well.

Fully agree on both except Scion didn't exist in 98 :D

I had a 2016 2.3T. It sounded like a good and affordable car when I bought it that would be fun to drive. The second day I had it I wished I had gotten the GT. I had it for 1 day shy of a year and couldn't ever get used to the lack of exhaust note and couldn't see spending the money on something different to make it sound like fart can. Traded it for a 2007 RS3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And in reality I can't ever imagine being happy buying a car with the base motor even if it's a decent engine. My 12 year old 4Runner has a V8 and while the V6 that was the base motor in it and was perfectly acceptable for moving the vehicle itself, I couldn't live knowing that I could have had a better, more powerful engine in it.

This is not for everyone though so I understand why the automakers have different engines. The wife has a 16 Accord with the 2.4 I4 and it's plenty for her. I would not be happy knowing a 3.5 V6 with 80 more hp was available.

Ford>Chevy

Established Member
I loved my 09 Explorer and my wife's 08 Sport Trac. Both we V8s. Only issue was broken exhaust manifold bolts on the Sport Trac.

GM should put the new LS based 4.3 in the Colorado.
I have the 4.0 in my mine and since I’ve had it I’ve only had to do the T Stat housing. However the previous owner had to do 3 radiator replacements. Transmission has held up so far. Been a good car to me so far but I’ve heard horror stories from others. Glad you had a good experience! I wish I had the V8. The 4.0 is just underpowered imo.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
@SID297

We bought a brand new 2008 2wd TBSS. Absolutely loved it.

The rear end was actually very strong. It was the SF 14 bolt with a 9.5” ring gear. Very stout unit.

The LS2 was strong but held back by the underwhelming 4l60 with terribly slow shifts and a week, aging design.

Interior was pretty nice.

I miss that truck and will probably buy another some day.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

96 cobra

Established Member
AP1 S2000's *stock suspension* - Mediocre rear grip, never feels settled, always a little squirrely. Sway bars and shocks totally transforms the car into a great handler with no NVH drawbacks. Poorly done, Honda.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Lexus F performance models EXCEPT for the 2008-2012 IS-F. RC-F, GS-F, and *gasp* the LFA.

The Lexus N/A 5.0L is a little long in the tooth, and needs forced induction to be more relevant in the segments they compete in. The RC and GS are both over 4,000 pounds. Think Challenger and Charger R/T. Fun to drive, but its very obvious how underpowered they are.

Why the LFA? Because they made a top 5 super car and only made 500 units..... A complete waste of a generational design.

IS-F was a bad ass little car. Fairly light, geared correctly. Incredible suspension and a simple but very high quality interior. Essentially a Yamaha V8 and boy did it love revving out! Wasn't an M3 killer, but it was and still is a blast to drive.

Recon

Established Member
5.4 SC Lightning, I was expecting to be wowed but not in the slightest.

14 GT 5.0, same thing as the Lightning. My little supercharged 3V is much more fun to drive.

99 Boxster, little Flat-6. Had no guts whatsoever, handled nicely though.

There’s more but I can’t think of them right now.

Pick your poison.

Twisted2v

Established Member
I love my 00 GT and 16 ecoboost PP s550.

But both disappoint. All the mods it takes to build a 4.6 to even match an ls1....
The s550 is fun and love the turbo sound. I feel lost at car shows with a 4 cylinder.

So I'm looking at 2018 GTs and LS1 Trans Ams.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
I rent so many cars that I should start my own review vlog.

Jeep Wranglers. Seriously. I'm amazed at how knuckle draggers pay so much for this underwhelming turd of a vehicle. The owners of these things are the new rice boys.

Toyota anything under a Camry.

GM anything under a Tahoe.

Chrysler everything. Good grief, does this company make anything that isn't a crap bag. I thought the 200 was bad, but after renting a 300S, I realized I was wrong. Severely wrong. 7000 miles and half the crap on this sewer sled didn't work.

Nissan. Yeah, the Maxima was hot shit back in 1994. This isn't 1994 anymore, but apparently Nissan didn't get the memo.

Kia hasn't been too bad.

So far, the only rentals I've liked have been a few Infinitis, a Tahoe, and a Ford Explorer.

Users who are viewing this thread