Vehicles That Disappoint You???

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Chrysler 300M and 300M Special - I LOVED those cars. Still do. I owned a 300M Special. My sister owned a first year 300M. The HP numbers were promising, but with a transaxle instead of a traditional transmission driving the front wheels, a lot of it was sapped away before it ever made it to the wheels. It was very slow compared to what the HP/TRQ numbers would suggest. I can't speak on my sister's 300M, but my 300M Special started mechanically falling apart after a while.

BMW 550i Sport - I never felt a connection with that car. It just didn't live up to the "Ultimate Driving Machine" hype to me, except when driving it like you stole it. Driving it around town and at sane speeds, it felt cumbersome with needlessly heavy steering. The shifter was awful. It was way too spongy and vague. It was just a meh experience overall.

New Edge Mustang GT - It was soooo sloooow! And ugly.

S550 Mustang - It's sooo ugly, save for the GT350s. It's also sooo big and heavy!

S197 Mustang - It's sooo big and heavy!

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I'm going to piss a lot of people off

15-17 S550 GT's- Interior rattles, glass jaw clutches, poor IRS design that is the definition of wheel hop central, garbage infotainment, thin awful paint quality, explosive oil pump gears.. I can go on and on. Yes all cars have issues, but aside from the 5.0 and the looks, the S550 was severely disappointing to me after owning one for a year.

I kept the paint spotless and the car garage kept. When i'd back it out into the sun, you could see the primer beneath the paint bleeding thru. The dash rattled, the IRS wheel hopped even after a bucket load of mods, the clutches are known for being very very weak, and the motor can't take moderate boost without having oil pump gears/timing components redone.

Bought my car new, put 5k miles on it, sold it and haven't missed it once.

Dusten

Established Member
I'm going to piss a lot of people off

15-17 S550 GT's- Interior rattles, glass jaw clutches, poor IRS design that is the definition of wheel hop central, garbage infotainment, thin awful paint quality, explosive oil pump gears.. I can go on and on. Yes all cars have issues, but aside from the 5.0 and the looks, the S550 was severely disappointing to me after owning one for a year.

I kept the paint spotless and the car garage kept. When i'd back it out into the sun, you could see the primer beneath the paint bleeding thru. The dash rattled, the IRS wheel hopped even after a bucket load of mods, the clutches are known for being very very weak, and the motor can't take moderate boost without having oil pump gears/timing components redone.

Bought my car new, put 5k miles on it, sold it and haven't missed it once.
Drive a gen 1 ctsv, you'll never complain about wheel hop again.

As for the paint, I had the same issue with a 2008 f350. I lobbied and had the truck repainted under warranty.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Drive a gen 1 ctsv, you'll never complain about wheel hop again.

As for the paint, I had the same issue with a 2008 f350. I lobbied and had the truck repainted under warranty.

I could've. But who wants to own a 5k mile, brand new car that had to be repainted? No matter how good the paint job is, it will never be as cleanly done as the OE job. If I have to have a car thats less then a year old repainted under warranty, I don't want it anymore. So I sold it.

Dusten

Established Member
I could've. But who wants to own a 5k mile, brand new car that had to be repainted? No matter how good the paint job is, it will never be as cleanly done as the OE job. If I have to have a car thats less then a year old repainted under warranty, I don't want it anymore. So I sold it.
My point was it's not relegated to the s550

And a quality paint job is world's above oem...

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Toyobaru twins. Sounds great on paper. Then you actually drive it. Inside it feels worse than some used pos scion from '98. I've never had the "tin can" feeling more than when I started driving that thing. The only time its "fun" is when you are pushing it to its absolute limits, which doesnt take much with the prius tires.

2.3L EB Mustang. Another one that sounds great on paper. Wasnt bad driving, but it made you instantly just want the 5.0, and what the hell is with the exhaust note on that car. Its a turbo 4cyl, yet nobody has any exhaust setup that gets it even close to other typical turbo 4cyls that can be made to sound decently well.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
If I owned one which I never would it would be the monumental failure of the GT350 and it hoping 400 whp TQ!!!! Butal! It has a great set of heads tho that I would surely like to own.

But they make em fast with Forced Induction tho and that motor can handle quite a lot of power.

utlong31

Established Member
I had a 2016 2.3T. It sounded like a good and affordable car when I bought it that would be fun to drive. The second day I had it I wished I had gotten the GT. I had it for 1 day shy of a year and couldn't ever get used to the lack of exhaust note and couldn't see spending the money on something different to make it sound like fart can. Traded it for a 2007 RS3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CV355

_
Established Member
I'd take a nice 2.3L 5-speed notch for a dd. They get good mileage.

A 5-spd may not be too bad but they're gutless. I've owned the 2.3l and the 5.0l. 5.0l with 2.XX gears gets better gas mileage than the 2.3l.

Coiled03

Established Member
If I owned one which I never would it would be the monumental failure of the GT350 and it hoping 400 whp TQ!!!! Butal! It has a great set of heads tho that I would surely like to own.

But they make em fast with Forced Induction tho and that motor can handle quite a lot of power.

You have a lot to say about a car you've never owned.

ViciousJay

Established Member
I was pretty disappointed in the e46 M3 I had. It was an absolutely incredible chassis with excellent handling. The only problem was that it made no torque...I need torque in my life to have fun, and 200 ft-lbs doesn't cut-it.

I hated the maintenance and piss poor bushings

Ford>Chevy

Established Member
2006-2010 Explorer

Three things: Transmissions, Radiators, Thermostat Housings....my god.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Any Chevy S-10 or GMC S-15 made prior to the introduction of the 4.3L

Yeah, that 2.8L V6 was a massive turd. The TBI Vortec 4.3L V6 was better, but the enhanced Vortec 4.3L V6 with EFI was where it was at; for the time, at least. Which, I guess I should've listed my first S10. It had the 4.3, but it was the TBI version. I loved the truck, but was always disappointed that it wasn't the "enhanced" (as GM called it) 4.3. I rectified that later by trading it for an S10 SS with the enhanced Vortec 4.3. I really loved that truck. Still miss it.

Users who are viewing this thread