Vehicles That Disappoint You???

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
Back in the day I traded in my 97 Cobra in for a brand new 99 Cobra. Made less HP than advertised, that sucked balls. Ford mailed me a shitty leather coat with my VIN on the inside lol.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Yea, new 2015 Tesla S 85. My first Tesla experience and I went in thinking I would love it. Nope. Awkward silence, noticed odd parts shared items from other cars inside (like base Mercedes column shift set up, GM headliner material), floor way too high in the rear. Worst part was that I wanted to like it.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Yea, new 2015 Tesla S 85. My first Tesla experience and I went in thinking I would love it. Nope. Awkward silence, noticed odd parts shared items from other cars inside (like base Mercedes column shift set up, GM headliner material), floor way too high in the rear. Worst part was that I wanted to like it.

Agreed - I had a 100d for a day and could not have been less impressed. Super cheap interior, build quality sucked, was fast but had no emotion. I am not a tech nerd so none of the gee whiz tech mattered to me. A completely uninspired car.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
My 2000 Mustang GT, after 2 spark plug blowouts I was done with that car. Was gonna trade it in on my SRT but my dad ended up buying it from me for what they were giving me for trade.

Never_Enough

Established Member
I'm going to piss a lot of people off

15-17 S550 GT's- Interior rattles, glass jaw clutches, poor IRS design that is the definition of wheel hop central, garbage infotainment, thin awful paint quality, explosive oil pump gears.. I can go on and on. Yes all cars have issues, but aside from the 5.0 and the looks, the S550 was severely disappointing to me after owning one for a year.

I kept the paint spotless and the car garage kept. When i'd back it out into the sun, you could see the primer beneath the paint bleeding thru. The dash rattled, the IRS wheel hopped even after a bucket load of mods, the clutches are known for being very very weak, and the motor can't take moderate boost without having oil pump gears/timing components redone.

Bought my car new, put 5k miles on it, sold it and haven't missed it once.
I thought the S550 could handle plenty of boost in stock form

Never_Enough

Established Member
I'd like to add R35 GT-R to my list of disappointment. Driven a few trying to want one, but could never enjoy driving it. Just felt no connection to the car & it felt like I was driving an appliance. Even my turd appliance Jetta doesn't give that feeling to me as much as the GT-R did.

Also, E60 M5 w/SMG trans. That transmission is pure junk. I could never get a clean shift out of it.

Audi S5. I liked the S4 a lot more. S5 seemed to have excessive body roll.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
My 2000 Mustang GT, after 2 spark plug blowouts I was done with that car. Was gonna trade it in on my SRT but my dad ended up buying it from me for what they were giving me for trade.

??? so you could have got a cut in sales tax if you traded it but took the hit so that you could pass a lemon on to your pops? Do you hate your father?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Genesis Coupe

How dare you sir!

Nah my Gen was pretty disappointing until I finally put a tune on it. Though the bolton+tune gains on the 13+ 2.0t are far better than the 10-12 3.8 bolton+tune gains like yours was. Its a totally different car. Tune and good performing summer tires were the biggest difference makers.

Never_Enough

Established Member
How dare you sir!

Nah my Gen was pretty disappointing until I finally put a tune on it. Though the bolton+tune gains on the 13+ 2.0t are far better than the 10-12 3.8 bolton+tune gains like yours was. Its a totally different car. Tune and good performing summer tires were the biggest difference makers.
My hate for the GC is well documented on this forum lol. Even nitrous didn't help that POS. In fact, it made shit worse.

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
Rented a car and they gave me a Kia Optima. Since I see them all the time I thought this might be cool. It wasn’t. Very poor quality inside.

Many GM’s from the 2000’s. I never owned any but all who I know did had they’re interiors fall apart shortly after a year of ownership.

Gravik

Established Member
New explorer....because no coyote option.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dusten

Established Member
??? so you could have got a cut in sales tax if you traded it but took the hit so that you could pass a lemon on to your pops? Do you hate your father?
Thats not a lemon, its common on the old mods. Some have issues some never do. My lightning went 110k without an issue.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I forgot to mention the S4 we had. I was happy with it overall, but I was disappointed that the S4 no longer came with the high revving 4.2L V8.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
New Chevy cars, even the Malibu’s and Impalas seem like the interior is no better than my 11 Focus DD shitbox.

Chrysler 200s, the 9 speed is ****ing horrible! Press the gas, nothing, more and nothing, until all of a sudden the transmission and throttle input realize you are halfway to the floor and it wants to take off like you are some ****** in a F&F knockoff. The the rear view mirror is the size of a Ram 3500 tow mirror and it blocks your view of anything on the passenger front side of the car.

The 5.0 F150, it feels weak in comparison to the 3.5EB and seemed to search for gears a lot.

New Jetta, the seats are as comfortable as a park bench.

Chevy Equinox, it rode more rough than my Ranger Sport 4x4.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Thats not a lemon, its common on the old mods. Some have issues some never do. My lightning went 110k without an issue.

Plus it's not like this was a few year old vehicle. This was 5 years ago, the car has 200k on it. I was only getting 2k for it from the dealer.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
my 2001 cobra, but only because the rumors about the coming 03 cobra proved to be true. I know how those 2010 3V GT fellas feel :D I traded that 01 in with the quickness.
Remember the guy who came on here ranting and raving about how Ford screwed him by allowing him to buy a 2010 GT and then announcing the 11 5.0? Everyone pointed out the info had been in the public for months.
In all fairness, if everyone of them didn't get a tuner slapped on it, they probably would have held up as well as any other diesel.
Not exactly. The forced emissions resulting in a hastily slapped together EGR setup is what gave them a bad wrap. EGR would clog, overheat and lift the heads. There's a reason the 6.0 in school busses, etc didn't have the same problems. It wasn't designed to run with emissions. People were used to the 7.3 and low maintenance it required. If you didn't maintain them well, they would be a PITA.

That said my 7.3 disappointed me way more than either of my 6.0's. That thing ate cam sensors like candy, turned like a 757, and seemed to kill batteries once a year (yay commercial account warranty).

Had a 13' Ram 1500 as a rental while injectors were being done on my 7.3. Thing had 5000 miles on it and on dirt roads squeaked and rattled like no other. To top it off it got a flat and either someone before or just the crap drop system for the spare, it rounded out as soon as I began lowering it. Took two pipe wrenches and a wire cutter to get the damn spare down. I was ready to set that thing on fire.

Users who are viewing this thread