Tuners in Germany

hurststang

Established Member
Got the car back today, she needs a good wash. Final numbers to the wheels are 645hp and 600ft lbs. Max boost hits in the 22-24psi range. My setup is pretty much maxed out. Happy so far and looks like she is done for now until I go back to the states. Well, new back tires will be needed I am sure. Also, thanks for all the interest and also thanks to Root1022 for recommending Schropp to me. They now own a piece of my soul.

This things sounds like a beast man. So you was happy with the work from Schropp's? I'm planning on getting cams and tune this winter by him. Are you going to make it to GRW this month?

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Got the car back today, she needs a good wash. Final numbers to the wheels are 645hp and 600ft lbs. Max boost hits in the 22-24psi range. My setup is pretty much maxed out. Happy so far and looks like she is done for now until I go back to the states. Well, new back tires will be needed I am sure. Also, thanks for all the interest and also thanks to Root1022 for recommending Schropp to me. They now own a piece of my soul.

Glad they took care of you! Sad part is I still haven't gone! I just now finally got all the parts in for my car! 645 is amazing power for an 03/04 cobra around here! Hit me up sometime, I'd love to see it/ride in it man! I still haven't rode in a T/S cobra. My KB still hasn't left the floor!

Last edited:

Tacky03

Established Member
This things sounds like a beast man. So you was happy with the work from Schropp's? I'm planning on getting cams and tune this winter by him. Are you going to make it to GRW this month?

Yeah, they put a lot of effort in to it. My car was giving them some major headaches which is why it took over a month to get it right. But they kept with it and were able to get it all done without having to go to a larger pulley. My car is pretty much at it's limit though with this set up. I can live with that until I get back to the states. I am still debating on going to GRW.

Yeah Root1022, we need to meet up. I am sure I will spot you around here once everyone is off leave and back to work. You gotta get on that KB, it changes these cars so much. I haven't even hit full boost on mine yet, but once it gets up there it pulls like a freight train. Next up will be new rear tires for inspection. Damn dyno rollers put a hurting on mine.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Tacky, I seen your car today looks and sounds great, we work like right across the street from each other. We were all kicked out of the motorpool and were standing outside when you drove by.

03cobraracer

Established Member
hey tacky how do you like your new tune so far? i was gonna have my car retuned in the states before i maybe bring it over here, but wasnt sure if it was cheaper to go that way or have it done here.

Tacky03

Established Member
hey tacky how do you like your new tune so far? i was gonna have my car retuned in the states before i maybe bring it over here, but wasnt sure if it was cheaper to go that way or have it done here.

The tune is pretty good, with a VAT form the price isn't too bad. But if you are going to do it I recommend getting down there fairly soon. The winter here comes early and is pretty brutal.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Hey Tacky what exhaust do you have on your car? Inspector said mine was 97.5 db OVER the limit? :shrug: thats a catted X / 2.5 Magnaflow CB?

Tacky03

Established Member
Hey Tacky what exhaust do you have on your car? Inspector said mine was 97.5 db OVER the limit? :shrug: thats a catted X / 2.5 Magnaflow CB?

WoW! That is a lot over the limit. I just got mine reinspected and they never even checked my exhaust. I have Bassani equal length headers, Bassani X-pipe with cats and Magnaflow mufflers. I passed initial inspection by 1.7 decibels.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Wow all I have is a catted X Pipe, and Magnflow catback. Something has to be off there, the dude I dealt with was an ass though. Now I'm trying to find a stock SRA CB just to pass inspection. I saw your car again today!

Tacky03

Established Member
Yeah I had Regimental EOC yesterday, boring as hell. But there was a nice red convertible 10th anniversary Cobra that parked outside for a bit. Didn't get a chance to see who drove it though. Yeah, that decibel test has to be off. 97 over is unreal. I have yet to hear your car but I see it all the time on the way to my barracks at bldg 402.
Why the desire to get rid of the SRA? If you are looking to do a swap I might be up for that. Plus my mufflers passed and I am good for the next two years which is past my DEROS date. No more inspections for me.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
I love my solid, but at the time I wanted to start going to the track, and I never will. Also wanted the 100lbs weight savings but at this point it doesn't really matter much to me lol. It still handles damn good and rides good but I dunno I miss having the IRS. Is your IRS stock?

But I'm thinking what they meant is its at 97.5db and its over, they just wrote 97.5db over. I'm thinking its 2.5db over the 95db limit! I'm gonna put some steelwool in there for inspection and hopefully it quites it up enough lol.

Tacky03

Established Member
I love my solid, but at the time I wanted to start going to the track, and I never will. Also wanted the 100lbs weight savings but at this point it doesn't really matter much to me lol. It still handles damn good and rides good but I dunno I miss having the IRS. Is your IRS stock?

But I'm thinking what they meant is its at 97.5db and its over, they just wrote 97.5db over. I'm thinking its 2.5db over the 95db limit! I'm gonna put some steelwool in there for inspection and hopefully it quites it up enough lol.

Ok, that makes a bit more sense. I was really going to have to hear exhaust that was 97 over. I barely passed my inspection with my rear tires having something like .2 mm of tread over the minimum limit. But they grab like champs. I did the two year registration so I don't have to worry about any more inspections while I am here.
My IRS has the bushing and bolt kit from MM. Other than that it is stock. I had to get stock springs so I could pass the ride height requirements. But even with those my sub frame connectors make it very close. I had to argue for a while that it had to be measured from the actual frame, not the sub-frames. We need to have a get together sometime with some of the guys over here. I believe August 26 Nuremberg is having it's fall volksfest. Might just have to plan something around that.

03cobraracer

Established Member
hey if u guys do something on the 26th let me know maybe ill try to meet up with you guys, i have no cobra here with me but be nice to meet other terminator owners here. i just bought a bmw 525i to get me around here for now, but considering bringing the cobra here very soon. i have a 4 day weekend comming up this week which is awesome, duno if that applies to everyone here or just my company.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Ok, that makes a bit more sense. I was really going to have to hear exhaust that was 97 over. I barely passed my inspection with my rear tires having something like .2 mm of tread over the minimum limit. But they grab like champs. I did the two year registration so I don't have to worry about any more inspections while I am here.
My IRS has the bushing and bolt kit from MM. Other than that it is stock. I had to get stock springs so I could pass the ride height requirements. But even with those my sub frame connectors make it very close. I had to argue for a while that it had to be measured from the actual frame, not the sub-frames. We need to have a get together sometime with some of the guys over here. I believe August 26 Nuremberg is having it's fall volksfest. Might just have to plan something around that.

I'm planning on doing the same thing once I get it to pass, I'm not sure how much longer I have in Germany but either way I want to be covered for the entire time, no risks lol. And with my control arms my sway bar is WAY low so I'm just going to take it off for inspection. I raised up the control arms so my car is like a fourwheeler in the back I hate it!. But yea man if your wanting to swap to a SRA for sure let me know, I just spent about 1000 dollars when I got back on control arms, shocks, and exhaust so they all have like 200 miles on them lol.

And that sounds good just let me know, I'd imagine the Volksfest in Nuremburg would be pretty damn fun!

Tacky03

Established Member
Yeah, we can work something out on that SRA/IRS swap. I know Nuremberg has it's Fall Volksfest starting the weekend of the 26th. Not sure if we will have a four day, but that might be a good thing. That is actually one of the better fests. Oktoberfest I think is a tad too touristy. But I don't see why we can't get something going. Maybe some of the Baumholder guys might want to come our way...

Users who are viewing this thread