Tuners in Germany

Packy

FBGM
Established Member
A nurburgring meet would be good or even racewars/bitburg?

BTW, an alternative shop to look into is Mo Tune, they are cheaper than Schropp but are just as good. I'm uncertain about tuning, I do know they do not have an in house dyno but they build cars from scratch and specialize in American Muscle.

Tell John, the owner, Rob with the Red Cobra sent ya.

Mo-Tuning

Race Wars meet: German Race Wars 19-22 MAY 2011 - Mightymustangs.net

So do these guys tune with SCT or what? Just curious as I am in need of a new pulley tune for my Cobra. I saw that Schropp uses SCT on their website. What are their prices like for a normal session of tuning and dyno time?

Last edited:

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
So do these guys tune with SCT or what? Just curious as I am in need of a new pulley tune for my Cobra. I saw that Schropp uses SCT on their website. What are their prices like for a normal session of tuning and dyno time?

You'd have to email them, he said they didn't have a dyno and wasn't sure if they tune.

Tacky03

Established Member
Schropp uses SCT, I was quoted at 120 Euro an hour for dyno time. Root1022, hurry up and get back to Germany the weather has been amazing here the last few days.

LSWONGTO

Boosted Goat
Established Member
Hahaha I have my car & house now. By the end of today fingers crossed I will have internet & phone service at the house. Who would be intrested in a LS1tech/LS1GTO/SVTP meet & eat. We could always have a forum brawl :)

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Schropp uses SCT, I was quoted at 120 Euro an hour for dyno time. Root1022, hurry up and get back to Germany the weather has been amazing here the last few days.

Were getting close man! 2 more weeks at the latest and I'll be there, didn't know you where already back! So wanna help install the Kenne Bell/4# lower when I get back? lol

Tacky03

Established Member
Were getting close man! 2 more weeks at the latest and I'll be there, didn't know you where already back! So wanna help install the Kenne Bell/4# lower when I get back? lol

Always down to help with anything to save a few Euro. lol Yeah, only good thing about being with Outlaw was that we got home pretty fast. Wait till you get to enjoy the fuel prices over here. 4.43 a gallon. Gotta pay to play though...

Oh, and I am always down for a meet and eat. I am not a hater so no forum brawls over here.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
I’m the same way, I’m a car enthusiast, not a ford/mustang enthusiast! But I would appriciate it, I added it up and for them to do it it would be an extra almost 600 euros...right now were taking almost an extra 1000 dollars. F that! I seen gas is way up there. Everyone keeps telling me to sell the cobra, and I keep telling them to go to hell. I'll drive her even when gas is $8 a gallon. I love her way to much! Can't wait to get back man! 11 mroe days!

LSWONGTO

Boosted Goat
Established Member
I’m the same way, I’m a car enthusiast, not a ford/mustang enthusiast! But I would appriciate it, I added it up and for them to do it it would be an extra almost 600 euros...right now were taking almost an extra 1000 dollars. F that! I seen gas is way up there. Everyone keeps telling me to sell the cobra, and I keep telling them to go to hell. I'll drive her even when gas is $8 a gallon. I love her way to much! Can't wait to get back man! 11 mroe days!

That would be awesome! There is a US car show at the sinsheim museum in august we could try to meet at. Gas is getting pricey here.. I still go into boost when I can though :D

Custom & US-Car Meeting | Auto & Technik Museum Sinsheim

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Thats out ny Manheim, thats not to far, i'm game for that! Car will be put together, hopefully nothing else breaks between now and then lol!

Tacky03

Established Member
LSWONGTO, Root1022 we need to get some thing going for this event. I am not going this weekend, but the one in late July should give us time to get up and running and organize a cruise to the event.

German-RaceWars.com

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
That sounds good to me man, I need to build my 8.8, its not a 31 spline yet...I just couldnt wait for the kenne bell. I'll have some extra money left over to build it then I'll be track ready. I would love to rape some German cars in the 1/4! Question, do you have an experience taking tint off? lol, thats by far the dumbest german law!

Tacky03

Established Member
I have zero experience removing tint. But I can sit here and Google it to learn. It is a gay law for sure, and yet I have seen people on post with tinted windows. :shrug:

Packy

FBGM
Established Member
As long as it is the stick on type of tint then you can just use a good razor blade and some windex after you get it off to clean it. Make sure you try and take it off in one big pieces or as many large pieces as you can.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Yea I've been googling the hell out of it, im not worred about the door windows, just the rear windows and the defrost strips, I've heard trash bags, or hair dryers but it seems tedious as hell! lol And what about the 5 inch strip I have on the windsheild, do we have to remove that as well? I'll be home in 5 days!

Packy

FBGM
Established Member
Yea I've been googling the hell out of it, im not worred about the door windows, just the rear windows and the defrost strips, I've heard trash bags, or hair dryers but it seems tedious as hell! lol And what about the 5 inch strip I have on the windsheild, do we have to remove that as well? I'll be home in 5 days!

I am in the Netherlands and it is only a rule that the front door windows can't be tinted. I still have mine tinted though. I just left my windows down for the inspection and they didn't check. They were more interested in looking at the car.:beer: I didn't think you had to remove the rear window tint too.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Good info, I'll have to get with them to double check and make sure, if its just the side windows that wouldnt be to bad at all

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
it's just the front windows that are not allowed to be tinted. although we just got a Shelby GT into the shop that passed inspection even with the tint, he said he had the windows down, maybe worth a try before removing it, lol

Tacky03

Established Member
I believe everyone else is right. You should only have to worry about the front driver and passenger side window tint, the rest should be good. Dropping my car off at Schropp on Monday, can't wait to see how it comes out.

5 days is awesome. The weather here has been great.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Yup I'm gonna drop the windows first and hope it works! I was supost to be back tommorow but looks like it wont be untill the next day. Just ready to get there.

Users who are viewing this thread