Tuners in Germany

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
I had a much more knowledgeable friend help me with my Kenne Bell install. Between the two of us we were able to pull it off with 8 hours of wrench time in the parking lot of my apartment. Once I got it to the tuners though in PA they helped clean up a few of our mistakes. I don't think I have retained enough knowledge to attempt that on my own. lol But over all, I would say it isn't the hardest swap in the world to do. By the way, with out breaking too much OPSEC, which squadron are you in? I am in 1/2 SCR.

Sounds good to me, I left most of my tools in the states though so more than likely I'll go to the DIY shop in Graf, I live in Kaltenbrunn so thats like right outside the Graf gate. I got quite a bit of shit I have to install (4# lower, all new control arms/SRA bushing, exhaust, and a couple other things, that shouldn't take more than a couple hours to do it all on a lift though.) And I'm in FIRES Squadron, so you'll be home way before me. We leave like a month after ya'll lol.

I want to come too.:beer:

You got the money, hop on a plane and come on over lol!

Tacky03

Established Member
Sounds good to me, I left most of my tools in the states though so more than likely I'll go to the DIY shop in Graf, I live in Kaltenbrunn so thats like right outside the Graf gate. I got quite a bit of shit I have to install (4# lower, all new control arms/SRA bushing, exhaust, and a couple other things, that shouldn't take more than a couple hours to do it all on a lift though.) And I'm in FIRES Squadron, so you'll be home way before me. We leave like a month after ya'll lol.

I am originally from Bull Co. But my squad got attached to Outlaw troop for the deployment. Getting home a bit early is the nicest thing they have done for us since sticking me with these knuckle heads.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
I am originally from Bull Co. But my squad got attached to Outlaw troop for the deployment. Getting home a bit early is the nicest thing they have done for us since sticking me with these knuckle heads.

So since your attached to Outlaw are you redeploying with them? If thats the case we'll be back at the same time. 1/2, 2/2, and 2/3 are going back first, then 4/2, FIRES, and RSS? Were you at FOB Lindsey up untill a week or so ago? We just replaced 4/2 here before they went to Frontenac. Just thank the heavenly sky your not part of FIRES, I swear this is where they put all the ate up soldiers...except me lol :burnout:

I get back to Germany in May, setting up a shop time with Schropp for late May. Doing a full fuel system upgrade. Just waiting to hear that they won't forward my mail to Afghanistan. Sitting at 18psi and 580hp, hoping to get it up to the mid 6's. A get together would be fine with me anytime, no matter what car one has.

I just saw this, you can email them at [email protected] and tell them to take the foward off your mail box. I just emailed them for the same thing. Bout to start mailing all my car and baby stuff for my daughter from the states!

Last edited:

Tacky03

Established Member
Actually, we just got to Lindsey a few weeks ago. We will be here until it is time to go. Stories about Outlaw and Fires being 8 up will have to wait until we can have beer with us to process the stupidity. We are coming back with 1/2, so early May it is for us. I already scheduled a drop off date for my car with Schropp on the 30/31st of May. The closer it gets the better chance to narrow it down. Thanks for the email tip. They just told us they will stop forwarding our mail on the 1st of April, but I sent an email just to be sure. The 11th is my scheduled order date from Lethal Performance. Close to 3 grand in fuel system upgrades and other odds and ends. Think I can get a t shirt out of them, and Schropp? lol

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Actually, we just got to Lindsey a few weeks ago. We will be here until it is time to go. Stories about Outlaw and Fires being 8 up will have to wait until we can have beer with us to process the stupidity. We are coming back with 1/2, so early May it is for us. I already scheduled a drop off date for my car with Schropp on the 30/31st of May. The closer it gets the better chance to narrow it down. Thanks for the email tip. They just told us they will stop forwarding our mail on the 1st of April, but I sent an email just to be sure. The 11th is my scheduled order date from Lethal Performance. Close to 3 grand in fuel system upgrades and other odds and ends. Think I can get a t shirt out of them, and Schropp? lol

Yea I just found out Outlaw was here about 10 minutes ago, one of the Outlaw S1 guys came through our shop looking for ID10T (idiot) apparently he has been running around from shop to shop for his 1SG who sent him on a wild goose chase lol. Gotta love April Fools Day! I set an appointment with Schropp for for 14 June, By then hopefully everything will be ready to get put on. Then I just have to try and pass inspection lol!

Tacky03

Established Member
Yea I just found out Outlaw was here about 10 minutes ago, one of the Outlaw S1 guys came through our shop looking for ID10T (idiot) apparently he has been running around from shop to shop for his 1SG who sent him on a wild goose chase lol. Gotta love April Fools Day! I set an appointment with Schropp for for 14 June, By then hopefully everything will be ready to get put on. Then I just have to try and pass inspection lol!

Very nice on the shop appointment.
My 1SG is... yeah like I said, beer is in need for this deployment. I should be heading to Schropp May 30th. Can't wait. I am thinking of adding a speed of sound gauge pod. Just gotta figure out what else to put in it besides a boost gauge. :beer:

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Very nice on the shop appointment.
My 1SG is... yeah like I said, beer is in need for this deployment. I should be heading to Schropp May 30th. Can't wait. I am thinking of adding a speed of sound gauge pod. Just gotta figure out what else to put in it besides a boost gauge. :beer:

I suggest a wideband or a water temp gauge since our stock one is complete shit lol! I'm in terrible need for a wideband, I bought my car and it has narrowband A/F ratio gauge that is shit! I'm just to lazy and cheap to throw down 200 bucks for a good gauge!

Tacky03

Established Member
I suggest a wideband or a water temp gauge since our stock one is complete shit lol! I'm in terrible need for a wideband, I bought my car and it has narrowband A/F ratio gauge that is shit! I'm just to lazy and cheap to throw down 200 bucks for a good gauge!

Yeah, gauges are crazy expensive. Looking to go with what I have heard Jimmy sidecar suggest's. Monitor IAT 2, voltage, ECT, and of course boost. That is like what, only $500 or so in gauges. Not for the faint or weak hearted huh?

LSWONGTO

Boosted Goat
Established Member

I would throw down the cash for a wideband or fuel press. Just incase your fuel pump or BP takes a crap you will know if your in boost while lean as all hell. The motor letting go would also be a indicator but its cheaper to get the gauges and have piece of mind. I have a aem wideband & have heard good things about the innovative wb.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
I would throw down the cash for a wideband or fuel press. Just incase your fuel pump or BP takes a crap you will know if your in boost while lean as all hell. The motor letting go would also be a indicator but its cheaper to get the gauges and have piece of mind. I have a aem wideband & have heard good things about the innovative wb.

Yea I really need to just bite the bullet and get one, like I said the Narrowband I have is just a glorified light show, I have it unpluged because at night its VERY annoying...sigh guess I might as well. How big of bitch is the AEM wideband to hook up?

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
Yea I really need to just bite the bullet and get one, like I said the Narrowband I have is just a glorified light show, I have it unpluged because at night its VERY annoying...sigh guess I might as well. How big of bitch is the AEM wideband to hook up?

IIRC, you are going to have some transmission work done, just have the guys at Schropp weld in the bung when everything is off and install the gauge for you, shouldn't be too much trouble for them :beer:

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
IIRC, you are going to have some transmission work done, just have the guys at Schropp weld in the bung when everything is off and install the gauge for you, shouldn't be too much trouble for them :beer:

lol they're already gonna break me! Our dollar is SHIT right now to the Euro! I'm putting back like 2300 dollars and hoping 1500/1600 euros covers most everything lol. I like doing my own work on my car, just can't do the tranny/tune myself. They're gonna be doing ALOT to my car like it is lol. :rockon:

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
So what does everyone think about a cruise/meet in like early/mid July? I think it'd be a pretty cool idea. Maybe even a dyno day like N/Angel suggested?

LSWONGTO

Boosted Goat
Established Member
So what does everyone think about a cruise/meet in like early/mid July? I think it'd be a pretty cool idea. Maybe even a dyno day like N/Angel suggested?

I would really like to meet up with everyone, the wifey & I just arrived in Ramstein today. We are in a hotel on vogelweh and gonna start inprocessing tomorrow. Hopefully we get the car soon :( Sucks being on foot again lol. Its like being deployed to your duty station..

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Oh yea its terrible, I think it took almost 2 months for me to get mine. Talk about horrible lol, luckily cabs/trains go everywhere but not having a car SUCKS!

john3883

Slow Poke
Established Member
I would really like to meet up with everyone, the wifey & I just arrived in Ramstein today. We are in a hotel on vogelweh and gonna start inprocessing tomorrow. Hopefully we get the car soon :( Sucks being on foot again lol. Its like being deployed to your duty station..

Hopefully your car will arrive soon enough and you guys find a house. I want to make a trip down to Germany or something. I hope you guys get settled and find the same corner to hang out at like in Dover near Wings 2 go.

Tacky03

Established Member
I am down for a meet and greet. My car is scheduled with Schropp for May 30th. Shouldn't be down there for more than a few days. And the dollar is crap compared to the Euro, but the price of gas will not be fun either.

Fast GTO

Established Member
A nurburgring meet would be good or even racewars/bitburg?

BTW, an alternative shop to look into is Mo Tune, they are cheaper than Schropp but are just as good. I'm uncertain about tuning, I do know they do not have an in house dyno but they build cars from scratch and specialize in American Muscle.

Tell John, the owner, Rob with the Red Cobra sent ya.

Mo-Tuning

Race Wars meet: http://www.mightymustangs.net/forum...-19-22-may-2011/page__pid__314921#entry314921

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread