the truth about your hypermotive tunes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
I've never bought anything from Hypermotive and after this train wreck certainly never will. Displacing blame and pointing fingers is no way to run a company that claims the honorable military background thing.

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
^ Quantity vs Quality my man.

I'm tuned by AED because Shaun knows his stuff and I can get in contact with him easily.

I would rather pay $250 for good service then $99 to some asshole who has no idea about the in's and outs of these very complicated motors.

I had Mike's tunes, they sucked. He blanket tunes with a good 'nuff mentality.

Shaun has a good thing going and is smart as hell. I can email/pm him dumbass questions and he will respond quickly without a attitude.

That's why i'm tuned by Shaun.

DNT H8

Established Member
maybe this will be Shaun's motivation to "think bigger." AED is easily the most highly regarded tune in the coyote community.. that seems pretty obvious. His tunes often beat live, local dyno tunes. Maybe its time he take advantage of that on a national scale.
Ehhh I dunno. Half the reason I'm AED tuned is not just because of his high skill and rep, but because I talk personally to the tuner and I get a response after hours and on weekends. That would be lost in your example and cause some to seek out another tuner.

SunnyD

Established Member
Thats crazy that all this went down. I know one of hypermotive sales reps and he came by the house one day and was talking about how much he loved his Hyper tune and how it made the exhuast burble and how great it felt and how awesome the throttle response was. I asked him who was doing the tuning and he said only jason new. I said it sounded like an AED tune and he told me it wasnt. funny now that all of this come to light...

Lol sorry buddy. But just because a tune is good doesn't make it Shaun's work. He's not the only successful tuner in the world.
He did however teach Mike Wilson to tune. So of course the tunes he writes are going to resemble that of his teachings.
I don't see any high school teachers during their students who go on to be college professors because of the "intellectual property" that they taught them.
I'm confident that my car is tuned by Mike Wilson.
I'm also confident that Jason is a man of integrity, and was not aware of any of the accused actions of Mike, other than the ONE instant that he admitted to.
As for the illegally recorded phone calls, well, they're illegal.
Simply recording the call without mikes consent recorded is illegal and punishable by California's wire tapping law.
Posting it even further without Mikes consent is now a federal crime.

Last edited:

scott_0

Established Member
Jay from hypermotive offered a public apology so to speak just now on another forum, stated he spoke with Shaun and got it straightened out supposedly, also stated they will no longer be offering tuning services

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Shaun is always a class act, being a friend to Mike. Straight up handed him the ability to make a living as a tuner with what several people(myself included) the best tunes out there for these cars, offered to sweep it all under the rug and no one would know as long as he raised the price on the base/e85/SCJ. I would imagine if Shaun wanted he could put a HUGE price tag on his tuning files, if they were for sale.

On the flip sounds like Mike is in a financial pickle and is struggling to make ends meet and that's unfortunate for anyone to have to go through, so I feel for him in that regard. However, what he was doing was going to take money away from Shaun's business, thus resulting in making it harder to put food on his kids' plates. At this point, it sounds like Mike needs to seek a career elsewhere before he ends up in a legal situation, and provide a fixed income to help dig him out of his unfortunate situation.

As for hypermotive, you can't tell me these guys had zero knowledge of the AED assistance nor of the non-compete, seems like a very shady company, if SID shares that feeling, i'm forced to stand beside him as he is a genuine class act himself.

Whie5.OH

Established Member
Hypermotive's Statement

Hey guys Dan Schaub from Hypermotive. The following statement from Jay has been posted different places and I wanted to share it with you guys. We needed to get all the facts from the involved parties before we could take action or release a statement.

Jay Posted the following:

I'm sure all of you have read all the comments about the ongoing drama, for this I sincerely apologize. I truly come to you guys humble and terribly sorry. Drama is something I typically try to avoid.
This has been a huge learning experience for me, to those that have supported me, I can't thank you enough. Its been a pretty crazy week, one that I thought would never end.
As some of you know, I was finally able to have a conversation with Shaun at AED. I was not going to make any decisions at all until I was able to speak with the other party. I once jumped the gun and let go of a guy working for Hypermotive, cost me our friendship.

Shaun laid out some interesting facts and I will admit, he apologized to me more than once over the phone. Whether those facts are true or not the common issue is that some tunes or configurations of tunes were copied.
So with the current issues and events we at Hypermotive will no longer be providing tunes, I will do everything within my power to support those who are currently tuned thru us. Mike will no longer be tuning Mustangs for us anymore.

I've received a lot of questions about why I didn't name my tuner and I sincerely apologize for those who thought I was trying to hide anything. First I will say that Mike only had a one year non compete so this wasn't the case of me not naming our contracted tuner. The main reason I didn't name our tuner is for one primary reason, I wanted Hypermotive to be known as a place you could go and get everything taken care of. With our shop opening up I wanted to a "one stop shop" and I completely looked up to those other successful business' that are able to perform all these services.
I understand I've made mistakes in the past, 2 years ago I sold parts on SVTP behind the backs of other paying vendors and the admin on the site. I let go of a friend from Hypermotive, prematurely. I copied the name of my Supercharger package after Beefcake (I mean, its a damn good idea) and when I first started I undercut a lot of vendors. I've learned from these mistakes, I'm not perfect but I don't think that's an excuse and for that, I apologize.

While I was waiting to talk to Shaun I noticed a lot of things. First I noticed those who have always supported me quickly turn their backs but most importantly I noticed those who have continued to show their unconditional support. I noticed business jumping to every chance they could get to take a stab at me. Just a few weeks ago I talked to those same vendors about how we should work together a little more, to those shops that showed me their support, I can't thank you enough.

I again wanted to apologize to everyone, including Shaun at AED. I am so sorry about the whole situation, I wish this drama would have never happened. I know I can't make up for what happened, in the end I am responsible for what happens at Hypermotive and I will never place the blame on anyone else. Thanks everyone for listening and thanks again for the support.

If anyone has any questions regarding the situation please contact us and we can answer your questions. Thanks!

Last edited:

DNT H8

Established Member
That sums it up J, good on ya... Although the haters will still hate. I will remain a loyal Hypermotive customer... Period

helloWorld

Established Member
Quick question. Is this why Shaun is not answering emails?

I emailed him a question on Monday I believe this week and I still do not have a response from him. I know he changed his email address, but I think I have the correct one. I am not bashing him, I know that Shaun is a great tuner and respected in the Ford community.

DarkHelmet22

KEEP FIRING A**HOLES
Established Member
So are all the tunes AED copies or just some? I have a Hypermotive tune, its feel fine for the most part but the car has never idled right. Guess i need to switch tunes, again. Damn it.

steeltoe

Established Member
Quick question. Is this why Shaun is not answering emails?

I emailed him a question on Monday I believe this week and I still do not have a response from him. I know he changed his email address, but I think I have the correct one. I am not bashing him, I know that Shaun is a great tuner and respected in the Ford community.
This has been brought up before in another thread and Shaun is very busy and it takes him awhile to answer.

Boss949

Established Member
Helloworld. Shaun was out of town during Labor Day and most of the week.

He was also trying to deal with this situation that spiraled out of control last week.

He's great about responding to his customers or potential customers.

Boss949

Established Member
So are all the tunes AED copies or just some? I have a Hypermotive tune, its feel fine for the most part but the car has never idled right. Guess i need to switch tunes, again. Damn it.
When you said "are all the tunes AED copies or just some?" where you referring to the Tunes that Hypermotive offered? I wouldn't think I have an authentic AED tune unless I purchased directly from Shaun @ AED.

Hope this helps.

ps. I've used Shaun's tunes and have never had a negative issue with them.

WildOne12

Established Member
It looks like Hypermotive will be added to the list of vendors to never do business with! I guess not everyone can be lucky enough to live close to a reputable shop to do there tuning... Life is good when you live close too JPC & Revolution Auto. No Drama just Top Quality Work.

steeltoe

Established Member
It looks like Hypermotive will be added to the list of vendors to never do business with! I guess not everyone can be lucky enough to live close to a reputable shop to do there tuning... Life is good when you live close too JPC & Revolution Auto. No Drama just Top Quality Work.

Ahem. Although sometimes JJ gets a bug up his ass.

Boss949

Established Member

I live in DFW and use Shaun's Email Tunes. Never a problem with tunes. There have been other issues that I've had and when I reached out to Shaun, he always responded in a timely manner and helped me.

e.g. I bricked my car. Totally my fault when I first used the tunes. I tried to change tunes while I was at the track. Didn't realize I had Auto Lamps on. Shaun also advised me to re-tune at home only and get a trickle charger when loading tunes. Bottom line is: Shaun's tunes are excellent and his customer service is phenomenal!

stags

Established Member
I live in DFW and use Shaun's Email Tunes. Never a problem with tunes. There have been other issues that I've had and when I reached out to Shaun, he always responded in a timely manner and helped me.

e.g. I bricked my car. Totally my fault when I first used the tunes. I tried to change tunes while I was at the track. Didn't realize I had Auto Lamps on. Shaun also advised me to re-tune at home only and get a trickle charger when loading tunes. Bottom line is: Shaun's tunes are excellent and his customer service is phenomenal!

Wait newb off topic question but how would having autolamps on brick the car?

Boss949

Established Member
I was told by SCT that there is a voltage issue with 2011+ 5.0's. last time I talked to them still no fix. At night or in garage the lights come on and use voltage and the tune fails to load. "Charging System Error" Shaun gave me guidelines to avoid this. 1. Tune at home 2. Use trickle charger. 3. Make sure all accessories are off including auto lamp. Since then I've had no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread