the truth about your hypermotive tunes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCalla1384

Established Member
This was posted on another forum, but they are protecting Jason at hypermotive... Nor is he even a paying vendor. I did not post this, I didn't want to start drama, but the fact that he's being protected is wrong.

So I received an email from Shaun at AED last week. Talking to Shaun, he didn't want this out there. But after the past few days, it blew up. Everyone knows at this point. This is the email

" Shaun
Have you been wondering about the Hypermotive tuner?
It's Mike Wilson, previously from Bama / AM.* I've been helping him for some time with his 'in house' tuning and he's been secretly tuning for Hypermotive using my work.* That's why you see the posts on the increased fuel economy and smooth throttle response from the Hypermotive customers.* It's all my work.**
Ain't that a bitch...stabbed in the back by a 'friend'."

We went back and forth. So I'll post up a few more emails...

" He may be using my base tune files, but he does not know how to make proper changes for different setups.* IE TiVCT changes for long tube headers and variations like that.* Still, it's been a major point of stress for me knowing what has been doing on and not being able to do anything about it.* Attached is the last phone conversation I had with Mike.* (after I called him out on it and he agreed to raise pricing to $250 so he would not be undercutting me with my own work)."

" Mike is still in a No-Compete with American Muscle and will deny everything to avoid getting sued by AM, as will Hypermotive as they too would get served.

I saw that Post when Jason said his tuner and I talk.* That was the 2nd time I did a search to find who the Hypermotive tuner was, and the 2nd time Mike Wilson played dumb when I asked him if he knew anything about it.

What's ****ed is what OneSlowV was about to do, which was post up Hypermotive vs AED dyno graphs of his SCJ setup.* His Hypermotive tune is an AED tune thru and thru (aside from some TiVCT changes I made specific to his Manifold).* 2 Days before tuning his car Mike Wilson asked me for help with an SCJ setup and like a dumbass I sent him my bad-A SCJ file.* 3 weeks after I finished tuning OneSlowV's car he posts the Hypermotive tune is just as good or better than the AED tune and $99 vs the $350 I charge ($100 extra for SCJ) and had fully intended on posting dyno graphs to prove it.* Mike had used my SCJ tune to take care of Larry (OneSlowV).* Luckily the dyno operator was being lazy and decided NOT to do the tests, and I got ahold of OneSlowV on the phone and talked about what was going on so he is now aware.* I had Larry send me the Hypermotive SCJ tune, it's MY work from start to finish.* I dodged a bullet on that one.* Imagine a dyno comparison thread of Hypermotive vs AED on Larry's car.* Power difference would not matter at that point as they would be so close (TiVCT changes only) most would say it was not worth the extra $$$ to go to AED."

Here is a phone call when Shaun first called out Mike

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0RDAiqhAOah

This was the phone call the next morning

Has to be downloaded

http://ge.tt/m/5sGQMPt1

Jason agreed to go to $250, a day later and still now the price is $200.

Notice 0 defense from Mike, he admits Hes been using aed tune files. Not file... Files .

This is one more email from Shaun

" I see they are drawing incorrect conclusions.
I gathered all the evidence I needed and called Mike to confront him on being the HPM tuner.* He denied it (as he had 2 previous times), until I laid out a bunch of evidence, then he came clean.* It's all in phone recording, but what is also in there is Mike laying out his reasoning for doing this and it's very personal.
HPM pricing was $99 on August 5th and $250 on the 6th, updated over night AFTER the dated phone conversation I had with Mike.* Jason is lying about that.
Oh, I also have an email from Mike about it dated August 6th at 4am:

"Explained the situation and it was agreed that it was unfair to undercut so the price will be raised to $250. Call if you'd like to but I understand if you don't"

This is a reference to talking to Jason, as indicated at the end of the first conversation recording.

The short version of the long story is Mike quite Bama and moved back to DFW.* He's been tuning local cars and asked me for help with the Coyote's from time to time.* I help out my buddies, including sending full files they can refine as necessary.* We regularly discussed that these files were ONLY for in-person tuning, not for email tuning customers as that represents a conflict with my e-tune business.**
Early this year Mike started asking for more and more files for random coyote and EcoBoost setups, so I sent him many files.**Mike insisted he was only tuning cars in person at True Street in McKinney TX, but secretly these files were being used for HPM customers.
Based on message board chatter I started to realize what he was doing, and I feel like an idiot that it took me 3 months to notice to tell you the truth.* It took another 6 weeks to accumulate the necessary evidence and I called out Mike on the phone.* To cover my own ass in the Public Opinion battle (if it ever came to it), I recorded those phone calls."

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
i skimmed it mostly....but hyper motive stealing bamas tunes?

stags

Established Member
This is so screwed up I can't even. People with 0 integrity.

Shaun, if you happen to read this I would tell you speak with an intellectual property/ patent attorney ASAP. They will know more than I do, but you might have a case. If nothing else legally protect your good work. I feel for you- I've been in similar situations professionally- and you will get my business when I get tuned. Because I get a sense you're a stand up guy, everyone who has been tuned by you raves about you (Seriously is there a negative mention of him anywhere?), and nothing that isn't the very best goes into my pony.

SCalla1384

Established Member
AED Tunes. I really didn't want to post this on svtp, wasn't my intentions. But, him being protected on another forum, I wanted to get it out there.

Jason is also banned from here for pulling sneaky crap. Can't even search hypermotive.

SCalla1384

Established Member
This is so screwed up I can't even. People with 0 integrity.

Shaun, if you happen to read this I would tell you speak with an intellectual property/ patent attorney ASAP. They will know more than I do, but you might have a case. If nothing else legally protect your good work. I feel for you- I've been in similar situations professionally- and you will get my business when I get tuned. Because I get a sense you're a stand up guy, everyone who has been tuned by you raves about you (Seriously is there a negative mention of him anywhere?), and nothing that isn't the very best goes into my pony.

I agree 100% with you. If you listen to the 1st phone call, Mike Wilson says some personal things, why Shaun didn't want to post it. Hes a nice guy and doesn't want to see someone go down like that.

But, the coyote group on Facebook blew up. I woke up and saw someone post it, and followed by over 100 comments so I said something, but didn't give it away.

And then through Jason's countless lies, trying to play victim is when it really took a turn. People called him out and it was lie after lie.

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
One thing I would be careful about posting would be the phone calls. If Mike wasn't aware of them being recorded and didn't consent to them being publicly displayed, you could possibly find yourself in a slander/defamation case(If Shaun doesn't take this to court). I'm not a lawyer or attorney, but I've seen similar cases before.

stags

Established Member
One thing I would be careful about posting would be the phone calls. If Mike wasn't aware of them being recorded and didn't consent to them being publicly displayed, you could possibly find yourself in a slander/defamation case(If Shaun doesn't take this to court). I'm not a lawyer or attorney, but I've seen similar cases before.

Something tells me Mike will have bigger problems in the short run... If he was in violation of a DNC AM Management is not going to be happy. IDK what Shaun is going to do but AM will probably want its pound of flesh.

SCalla1384

Established Member
Well Shaun had given me permission to post the phone call up on a forum Hes not a member on. If he wants it down, I'll take em down.

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
Something tells me Mike will have bigger problems in the short run... If he was in violation of a DNC AM Management is not going to be happy. IDK what Shaun is going to do but AM will probably want its pound of flesh.

Agreed.

Just trying to give the OP a little heads up though. Also, just my opinion but I don't really think putting Mike's personal family business out for the public to hear is right. Did he do some shitty stuff, sure sounds like it to me, but his personal life shouldn't be put out there for everyone to hear.

I have no dog in this fight what so ever. Never did care for my Bama tunes back in the day.

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
Sounds they hashed it out in a very civil manner. The only person that got a raw deal was Shaun and he took care of it. It's kind of a shame that people are going to be sharpening their pitchforks over this.

_Snake_

Established Member
Agree with removing the phone calls. For a lot of reasons.

FWIW, I don't know or use either person for tuning and didn't know who worked where in the past. But the first post contains enough info to sink Mike without the taped calls (I didn't even listen to them)

CPRsm

California is a two party state. But recording is still legal. Only thing is, it would not be able to be used in court, if both parties didn't know about the recording. Shaun did not want to out the full recording at first like you mentioned, because of Mike's personal laundry that got recorded. That's why the first recording was edited. But people still wanted to say there was no "proof" he used AED's tunes. So the full recording came out where Mike completely confessed about using AED's file. He was only supposed to use them for cars he needed help with locally, no email tunes. Instead Mike used AED's files under hypermotive, then undercut him with his own work.

D.T.R

Established Member
what blows my mind beyond anything else is all these "tuners" tuning these cars and not knowing crap about it. Then we wonder why some people blow #8s and what not.
Makes you wonder how many of these "tuners" are out there tuning these very complex motors... and pretending that they know what is going on.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
California is a two party state. But recording is still legal. Only thing is, it would not be able to be used in court, if both parties didn't know about the recording. Shaun did not want to out the full recording at first like you mentioned, because of Mike's personal laundry that got recorded. That's why the first recording was edited. But people still wanted to say there was no "proof" he used AED's tunes. So the full recording came out where Mike completely confessed about using AED's file. He was only supposed to use them for cars he needed help with locally, no email tunes. Instead Mike used AED's files under hypermotive, then undercut him with his own work.

That's unreal. What a ****ed up thing to do, especially to a buddy that was helping him out all along.
I gained some major respect for Shaun listening to that phone call...

KonaFifty

Established Member

Invasion of Privacy

Appropriation of a person’s name or likeness for commercial use

Defamation

Publishing a false statement about someone that tends to harm the person’s reputation gives rise to the tort of defamation.

With that said, slander/defamation is out of the question because the statements about Mike Wilson are in fact true and not false and was proven.

I dunno, maybe someone with more business law experience can chime in. I am a up coming accountant...why do i need to learn business law?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread