the truth about your hypermotive tunes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

stags

Established Member
I was told by SCT that there is a voltage issue with 2011+ 5.0's. last time I talked to them still no fix. At night or in garage the lights come on and use voltage and the tune fails to load. "Charging System Error" Shaun gave me guidelines to avoid this. 1. Tune at home 2. Use trickle charger. 3. Make sure all accessories are off including auto lamp. Since then I've had no issues.

Good to know. Wouldn't a thunked it.

TermiFan

She likes it sideways
Established Member
I posted my datalogs of my HMP tune on MM. And now that all of this has come about it really makes me consider removing it from my car and getting with Shaun for a tune. Not sure if i have the AED based Hyper tune, but has me curious. Car seems to run good, but the knock sensors are set to read 0, and according to kdanner I have way too much spark. So that has me a little worried. But the fueling apparently seems alright, but i still don't feel safe running this tune. It's off the car.

Last edited:

PhillyLS1

Established Member
Is anyone reading this thread active duty military and a customer of Hypermotive? Could you please pm me?

Does anyone know what unit these guys are in?

Hey Hypermotive thanks for making us active duty and veterans look bad. It's pretty clear the uniform is just a marketing tool for you guys. Someone in this thread literally aid being a vet doesn't mean integrity anymore. You guys helped contribute to that mindset.

This is unreal.

SunnyD

Established Member
Jay has released his statement.
This needs to end.
You don't need to act like a child.

Flyinrazrback

Established Member
Is anyone reading this thread active duty military and a customer of Hypermotive? Could you please pm me?

Hey Hypermotive thanks for making us active duty and veterans look bad. It's pretty clear the uniform is just a marketing tool for you guys. Someone in this thread literally aid being a vet doesn't mean integrity anymore. You guys helped contribute to that mindset.

This is unreal.

As an officer I don't think it is warranted to bring this to their chain of command. I have never met anyone from HPM but the guy made a few mistakes and owned up to them, and is trying to do better moving forward. I don't think this is enough having him standing tall in front of his commanding officer and potentially put a black mark in his records. If you don't like something they did, just don't buy from them. Plenty of other options.

Synyster5.0

Established Member
I currently have a hypermotive tune, and since they are not providing tuning services anymore, is AED still offering the $150 dollar deal?

kingnut

Established Member

This is unreal.

you are way out of line. there are plenty of other options out there for customers to choose from. i have done business with hypermotive and would spend my money with them again. trying to stir up shit with someones chain of command shows you need to pick up some new hobbies and stop trying to be a narc.

Synyster5.0

Established Member
you are way out of line. there are plenty of other options out there for customers to choose from. i have done business with hypermotive and would spend my money with them again. trying to stir up shit with someones chain of command shows you need to pick up some new hobbies and stop trying to be a narc.

This^ I've only been in for 4 years but even I wouldn't do that. Don't mix personal life with military business. This can simply be handled without military intervention.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
not sure phyillys intentions, but, I think what he is saying, is the constant "we are military, we are military" is used on practically a daily basis to garner respect and gain sales.

You are allowed to be self employed while being in the military. You are not however, allowed to solicity the military.

B. Solicited Sales. DoD employees shall not make solicited sales to DoD personnel who are junior in rank, grade, or position, or to the family members of such personnel. JER §§ 2-205, 5-409.

If I'm reading that correctly, I may not be.

Synyster5.0

Established Member
not sure phyillys intentions, but, I think what he is saying, is the constant "we are military, we are military" is used on practically a daily basis to garner respect and gain sales.

You are allowed to be self employed while being in the military. You are not however, allowed to solicity the military.

B. Solicited Sales. DoD employees shall not make solicited sales to DoD personnel who are junior in rank, grade, or position, or to the family members of such personnel. JER §§ 2-205, 5-409.

If I'm reading that correctly, I may not be.

Have not once seen hypermotive solicit their business.

gregs 03 cobra

Established Member
I understand what you and others are saying but look at the other side of the coin; there are people coming to HPM's defense BECAUSE they are active duty which to some insinuates integrity; people can discuss and disagree what happened with this situation but clearly HPM's judgement/integrity are in question. Yes, that is on the business side, not the military side but most people don't posses the ability to turn on integrity while at work for the military and then turn it off for a side business.

Agree with the others who have said that just because one serves in the Armed Forces one does NOT posses morals, integrity, honesty, etc....28 years has taught me that...there are just as many screws ups in the military as there are in society.

As an officer I don't think it is warranted to bring this to their chain of command. I have never met anyone from HPM but the guy made a few mistakes and owned up to them, and is trying to do better moving forward. I don't think this is enough having him standing tall in front of his commanding officer and potentially put a black mark in his records. If you don't like something they did, just don't buy from them. Plenty of other options.

red13

Established Member
Yes the military card has been pulled out by many people and it does get old. I have left the military after eleven years. Don't regret a day of it.

Military life and Civilian life should be separate. But when one affects the other something needs to be stopped, fixed or removed.

There unit should not be called. I believe everything has been worked out with all parties involved. The frying pan to the fire will only make things harder on people. A big enough blow has been dealt here to cause a very serious and I hope recoverable situation. This is not a war to destroy but to learn from.

We are all Americans living our dreams. But was it not with other peoples dreams that we got what we wanted?
Shaun's dream... Tune the mustang Coyote
Hypermotive... Sell parts for less

I think this thread has run its course. No need to stomp the remaining parts of human we have left.

CJ

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Have not once seen hypermotive solicit their business.

I understand what you and others are saying but look at the other side of the coin; there are people coming to HPM's defense BECAUSE they are active duty which to some insinuates integrity; people can discuss and disagree what happened with this situation but clearly HPM's judgement/integrity are in question. Yes, that is on the business side, not the military side but most people don't posses the ability to turn on integrity while at work for the military and then turn it off for a side business.

Agree with the others who have said that just because one serves in the Armed Forces one does NOT posses morals, integrity, honesty, etc....28 years has taught me that...there are just as many screws ups in the military as there are in society.

Exactly.

They push the military angle very very hard. Before people jump on the I hate the military bandwagon, I was in the corp, and have the utmost respect for anyone that puts themselves on the line. Military, cops, firefighters, etc... I have a lot of family that spent time in just about every branch of service. Tons of friends that are officers and firefighters as well.

Military and public service like that gets you points in my book out of the gate very time, every single time. BUT, at the same time, Just as Greg said, I am going to hold you to a higher standard as well. You get bonus points, that doesn't mean you get to keep them.

Whie5.OH

Established Member
I apologize for pointing fingers the first time I posted. I know Jason and I know he isn't a thief nor would he support one. The one thing I've noticed is Jason hasn't tried to place blame on anyone but himself, he understands that being the owner of a company, he is the one that is responsible for what comes out of Hypermotive.

Another thing I've noticed is he hasn't placed blame on Mike, but I will tell you Jay had no idea of the situation. Personally, I think he was played and as a business owner I think that's one of the hardest parts of this situation. He put a lot of trust and confidence in Mike to perform his duties as a tuner. When I notified Jay about the postings on Facebook (at 4am his time) he didn't know what the hell was going on. One minute he's known to have a trustworthy company and the very next day he's being called a liar and thief.

Jay was adamant about not making any decisions until he talked to Shaun. After talking to Shaun at AED the main problem, the main common denominator pointed to Mike. If you noticed that after he talked to Shaun it didn't even take 4 hours until he parted ways with Mike. The evidence was too clear and the statements made by Shaun to him really connected the dots.

I'll continue to support Jay, he's trying his best to make this right for everyone involved. I told him about the comments those made about his military background. Those that are in the military and want to talk to him, he has no issue talking to you and speaking his mind. He hasn't made it this far in the SOF community by being a shitbag or a liar, just my take on that.

If anyone has any questions for Jason you guys know where to contact him.

Last edited:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Shaun, I do apologize for it going public. I had told a couple people via pm about it. All of a sudden. I woke up, saw a post on the coyote group on Facebook with over 100 comments, I threw in some info, not giving anything away. Then it blew up out of control.

But yet as soon as it was public, you made damn sure to go ape shit and instigate every possible chance you could on Facebook. Even if you told people, you should've know that something of this nature and magnitude, of whom was involved, would've made it out to the public. So again, I still call complete BS on your part in all of this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread