The skinny on the Inexpensive Hop Fix

CWD

Established Member
dougwg said:
um... no, Postban did! ;-)

and to let you all know we are running parts right now and I will be able to start shipping tomorrow.

Pat said...."With the exception of a banana break now and then, I'm making them as fast as my little simien hands will go..." :p

Doug, Thanks for taking my order Monday! Looking forward to installing the shocks and giving them a run for........Charles

hmwave

Established Member
Doug,
I'm really, really tired of mine hopping like mad and am done with spending money until a real fix comes along.
Yours appears to be it.

How do I get on the list?

Just call the shop?

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
Hay Doug, I sent you some money - I hope that works! I just ordered the Strange shocks so I hope to get your kit about the same time. Thanks.

shadowcoupe

any one have any more news on this? i will be calling doug in a couple of hours when they open up.
looks like it might be the fix....

shadowcoupe

well...anyone got the hours to BF, it's a lil after 8am here and past my bedtime. i'll give them a call after i wake up i guess, if their still open...

autoxstang

Coyote Lover
Established Member
I have just finished installing this mod and in 28 degree weather all the car did was squat and spin, but NO HOP. Thanks for the awesome product Doug :beer: I'll post some more results once it's warms up around here.

Last edited:

hmwave

Established Member
autoxstang said:
I have just finished installing this mod and in 28 degree weather all the car did was squat and spin, but NO HOP. Thanks for the awesome product Doug :beer: I'll post some more results once it's warms up around here.

What setting did you use on the shocks?

Wiked03

Established Member
autoxstang said:

Great news. :)

I am also curious as to what setting you used?

Thanks.

hmwave

Established Member
autoxstang said:
I set the shocks on the number 10 setting for the best results and it seemed to ride very well so I'll see how it handles :rockon:

If you have time it would be interesting to know at what point the hop comes back if you back down the shocks.

dougwg

Established Member
hmwave said:
If you have time it would be interesting to know at what point the hop comes back if you back down the shocks.

cougheverycarisdifferentcough

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
So how exactally do these shocks work? When you set them to 10, is it almost like have a solid, or is it like having a poll from the shock tower to the hub?? I just don't get how they work..

shadowcoupe

Miamifan1354 said:
So how exactally do these shocks work? When you set them to 10, is it almost like have a solid, or is it like having a poll from the shock tower to the hub?? I just don't get how they work..

basically the higher the setting the stiffer the shocks will be. car wont squat as much during a launch thus not giving the ability for wheel hop to start because of the stiffness of the shock.
also the higher the setting the worse the ride quality is going to be. i think the comparision to the blistien shocks is at about setting 4-5 (i think).

i do not have the shocks on my car yet, i am jus going by my knowledge and from what i have read on these forums, hope this helps :)

Last edited by a moderator:

dougwg

Established Member
I don't have time to write a book on the subject

set to 10 less or no wheelhop
set lower(3-5) feels like the stock ride

Users who are viewing this thread