The skinny on the Inexpensive Hop Fix

dougwg

Established Member
Strange™ Mustang Shocks part# S6004LM about $128 Retail for both
BilletFlow Inexpensive Hop Fix Adaptor Kit $50.00

I know the Strange™ website says that they will not fit the Cobra with IRS. That is why I made a great adaptor kit.

This is what you do:

• Buy the Shocks from Strange™ and get my adaptor kit.
  • Jack up car (use jack stands)
  • Pull the stock shocks off (keep the stock bolt and nut, you will use these in the new shocks)
  • Remove the steel bushing at the end of the stock shock (you will use these in the new shocks)
  • Remove the steel bushing and the rubber bushing from the new shocks
  • Install the new shocks using the stock steel bushing and my adaptor kit
  • Lower car off the jack stands

Adjustments:
Position #1 Full Counterclockwise, Softest (nice ride)
Position #10 Full Clockwise, Hardest (best hop controll)

Last edited:

BADBOLT2

Established Member
Thanks Doug,it looks like this may be something I need.
I also read on Strange's webpage that these Shocks will accept Coilover Springs.
Will your adapter kit provide for this?
I've been having some rubbibg issues with my H&R SS Springs,18" BBS Rk Wheels,305/35/18 Nitto DR's.
The stiffer shock may solve this problem in itself,but adjustable ride height would definately help.
Thanks for any help!

dougwg

Established Member
not sure if there is enough room... but then again others have install coil overs haven't they?

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Doug what does this adapter do exactly? I know there are anti hop shocks out there already, so why is this different?

dougwg

Established Member
mike79 said:
Doug what does this adapter do exactly? I know there are anti hop shocks out there already, so why is this different?

the adaptor allows you to install an inexpensive adjustable shock

My kit has proper fitting hardware

dougwg

Established Member
wahoo's 03 said:
How is the weight transfer and hook when the setting is on 10?
it's cold here now and all the tracks are closed for the winter

Weight transfer and hook will change with MANY factors and differing setups :shrug:

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
Outstanding idea. I would think that the Strange Engineering front strut would also be a good complement to the rear shock that Doug has helped us fit...it also doesn't hurt that the replacements are much cheaper than the originals and provide 10 times the adjustability.

For those asking about whether this should help or hinder for coilovers, the link Doug has kindly provided should answer many of your questions.

Doug, I can foresee some of us who already have a set of rear shocks lying around from an installation on an SN-95 (Tokico Illuminas for example) asking for your adapter kit for retrofit on Illuminas. I know that they are half the adjustment of the Strange shocks, but it might be an option...if it would work.

03TorchRedCobra

Been around
Established Member
Thanks for the information. I would like to buy your kit. Do I go thru you or BilletFlow? Let me know how I should pay. Strange is going to like the business you're giving them.

Doug L

Users who are viewing this thread