The HARD TRUTH about EVs

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Lol. There could be a deviation of 3-5% it’s not going to be half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tesla is already being investigated for range lying. How easy for the algorithm to just ease that range degradation into the background.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Tesla is already being investigated for range lying. How easy for the algorithm to just ease that range degradation into the background.

Right. Like I said, they could be disingenuous, but deviation is not going to be 50%. I drive my Tesla to Wisconsin 180 miles away each way and can make the entire roundtrip, but I stop on the way back and charge for 10 minutes only to avoid damaging the battery by discharging it to low. If the range was overstated by more than 3-5% there’s no way I’d be making that trip

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Don’t you have better things to do today like buy a new car? That mustang in your avatar looks 20 months old. Time for a new one.

I have a C8 Vette now . Haven’t updated my Avatar. Yes, I go through cars like I’m changing socks.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
After 8 years could be much less than half. Maybe 15% haha.

It’s not. I understand you don’t like EVs, but everything you’re saying is not based on anything that remotely resembles the truth. There are 1000s of Model S Teslas in the used marketplace with 100k+ miles that are 10+ years old that still get 200 miles of range, (way less than 30% degradation). Losing 50% is the exception, not the rule.

The biggest problem with EVs is how you care for the battery. Heat destroys longevity, (only using supercharging to charge the battery) running the battery too low also destroys the capacity over time. But if you have a garage and charge it every night and don’t let the battery run too low, the degradation is minimal.

But I don’t care, I didn’t buy it as a longterm investment. It’s a toy to have fun in for the next couple years, Ill replace it with whatever is the next best thing lol.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
It’s not. I understand you don’t like EVs, but everything you’re saying is not based on anything that remotely resembles the truth. There are 1000s of Model S Teslas in the used marketplace with 100k+ miles that are 10+ years old that still get 200 miles of range, (way less than 30% degradation). Losing 50% is the exception, not the rule.

The biggest problem with EVs is how you care for the battery. Heat destroys longevity, (only using supercharging to charge the battery) running the battery too low also destroys the capacity over time. But if you have a garage and charge it every night and don’t let the battery run too low, the degradation is minimal.

But I don’t care, I didn’t buy it as a longterm investment. It’s a toy to have fun in for the next couple years, Ill replace it with whatever is the next best thing lol.

Sadly, it will be the people who least afford to fix their older used car that will explore what older batteries do. There is going to be some hacked up shit running around in 10 years.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
I didn't read through it all as it's a pretty pointless thread to begin with. I'm not going to research every claim you've ever made because honestly, I don't give a shit.

You work for your money. You can spend it however you like.

But for some reason, you think you should dictate how others can spend theirs.

And government subsidies do not account for all EVs on the road as not all qualify.

There are many cons to EVs. Efficiency isn't one of them.

I don’t give a flyin **** who buys an EV. It doesn’t work for me and I find it stupid. A fool and his money are soon to part. Doesn’t matter in the least to me brotatochip.

And again, I NEVER made the claim that an ICE engine is more efficient than an electric motor.

Let’s look back at what I did say since you fail and forum navigation 101…

Energy Storage is a dead end technology.

You will never be able to "Store" the same amount of energy as a tank of gasoline/diesel/H2 and refuel it in a way that itns time consuming without destroying the battery.

Its a blackhole.

If you wanna debate me on Battery Technology getting to a point where it will surpass me filling up a 36gallon fuel tank, I’m all for that. Let’s get it.

Tezz500

Established Member
Lol, half the distance? Battery degradation isn’t nearly that bad. The battery has a 8 year 150k mile warranty with a max degradation of 30%. Meaning, if it sees more than 30% Tesla will replace the battery under warranty. Most see around 15-20% in that time.

Man that’s crazy since my gas tank will still hold 36 gallons in 150,000 miles no matter how hard I beat the shit outta this Yote.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Man that’s crazy since my gas tank will still hold 36 gallons in 150,000 miles no matter how hard I beat the shit outta this Yote.

Lol. No doubt. Although, ICE engines will become less efficient overtime and see less range per fill up

I agree with most of the talking points here, EV is not about efficiency or replacing ICE. It’s just like buying a $1000 coffee maker, it’s the latest gadget, just an expensive toy.

I’m saving tons of money on gas, but that’s moot considering the initial investment is way more expensive and so is my insurance. I pay more for my Tesla than my brand new Corvette and GT500, (when I had it). Significantly more.

But, I don’t care. I could have bought a $100k BMW or Mercedes, it would have more luxury, but I opted for the Plaid because I’m a speed addict.

Also, I prefer to buy American. The Tesla has more domestic part content than any Ford, GM or Dodge. Significantly more. The only Tesla that has foreign part content is certain Model 3s with Chinese LFP batteries.

Last edited:

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I'm still laughing at him thinking your coyote v8 eff one fiddy "no reason to buy an ecoboost" thread is the thread you were talking about when you referenced your ev research

Tezz500

Established Member
I'm still laughing at him thinking your coyote v8 eff one fiddy "no reason to buy an ecoboost" thread is the thread you were talking about when you referenced your ev research

I seen no reason to correct him. He’s so ****ing dense it’s not worth the effort. It’s more entertaining watching him go ham about something not one swinging dick is arguing against…

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Lol. No doubt. Although, ICE engines will become less efficient overtime and see less range per fill up

I agree with most of the talking points here, EV is not about efficiency or replacing ICE. It’s just like buying a $1000 coffee maker, it’s the latest gadget, just an expensive toy.

I’m saving tons of money on gas, but that’s moot considering the initial investment is way more expensive and so is my insurance. I pay more for my Tesla than my brand new Corvette and GT500, (when I had it). Significantly more.

But, I don’t care. I could have bought a $100k BMW or Mercedes, it would have more luxury, but I opted for the Plaid because I’m a speed addict.

Also, I prefer to buy American. The Tesla has more domestic part content than any Ford, GM or Dodge. Significantly more. The only Tesla that has foreign part content is certain Model 3s with Chinese LFP batteries.

You sir are a clown. Go back to school and try to learn something this time.

bird_dog0347

Established Member
No one assumes this. You're again just making up BS statements to try and back some ideological viewpoint.

An electric motor is more efficient than an ICE by three fold. That's just science.

Whether or not an EV works for your application is up to the buyer. If it doesn't, don't buy it and move on.
Genuinely curious here... let's say I agree that " An electric motor is more efficient than an ICE by three fold."

BUT the fuel that it takes to run the engine/motor is taken into account as well as creating the mechanism to store (battery/fuel tank) the "fuel" until it is converted into kinetic energy, would you still stand by your statement? That doesn't even bring into account the power generation (for EV) or pumping/refining the oil (for ICE), just what it takes to make and use the supporting parts of the motor/engine that are required to run it.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Genuinely curious here... let's say I agree that " An electric motor is more efficient than an ICE by three fold."

BUT the fuel that it takes to run the engine/motor is taken into account as well as creating the mechanism to store (battery/fuel tank) the "fuel" until it is converted into kinetic energy, would you still stand by your statement? That doesn't even bring into account the power generation (for EV) or pumping/refining the oil (for ICE), just what it takes to make and use the supporting parts of the motor/engine that are required to run it.

Efficiency is simply output divided by input. In the case of EV motors, it's the conversion of electrical energy into kinetic energy.

As a simple consumer, I don't necessarily care how the product is derived as I'm not an activist for either side.

I pay $0.13 a kw and I paid ~52k for the car minus the tax credit resulting in $44.5k. This effectively cuts my fuel costs to about 33% while also giving me a car that goes 0-60 in 3.1s, has brembro brakes on all four corners, requires almost no maintenance, and adds the convenience of never having to stop at gas stations.

I'm not going to go down the rabbit holes of precious metal mining, 'green energy' production, carbon emissions, etc...

Those mines are going to stay open whether or not I buy an EV as the metals are used in everything from your catalytic converter to your cell phone. The dems are going to continue to push windmills and solar regardless of the vehicle I drive (while somehow also completely ignoring the actual viable power source- Nuclear.) And foreign countries like China and India don't give two shits about carbon emissions.

I evaluated the car for what it is. Not what someone tells me it 'should be' or what it 'should represent'.

Tezz500

Established Member
Efficiency is simply output divided by input. In the case of EV motors, it's the conversion of electrical energy into kinetic energy.

As a simple consumer, I don't necessarily care how the product is derived as I'm not an activist for either side.

I pay $0.13 a kw and I paid ~52k for the car minus the tax credit resulting in $44.5k. This effectively cuts my fuel costs to about 33% while also giving me a car that goes 0-60 in 3.1s, has brembro brakes on all four corners, requires almost no maintenance, and adds the convenience of never having to stop at gas stations.

I'm not going to go down the rabbit holes of precious metal mining, 'green energy' production, carbon emissions, etc...

Those mines are going to stay open whether or not I buy an EV as the metals are used in everything from your catalytic converter to your cell phone. The dems are going to continue to push windmills and solar regardless of the vehicle I drive (while somehow also completely ignoring the actual viable power source- Nuclear.) And foreign countries like China and India don't give two shits about carbon emissions.

I evaluated the car for what it is. Not what someone tells me it 'should be' or what it 'should represent'.

LOL I love that you use the tax credit to justify your purchase while at the same time dismissing the government subsidies when I used it to explain what keeps EVs barely viable. LOL.

Man you should run for office.

Users who are viewing this thread