The HARD TRUTH about EVs

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Incorrect.

Having worked in the utility industry for over 2 decades and ran large generation facilities, I am intimately familiar with this topic.

So I made several statements based on expert knowledge of said industry.

You on the other hand, came in her touting your (clearly worthless) masters degree attempting to make yourself feel better for buying an electric vehicle.

You obviously have zero grasp on what it takes to go from stored chemical energy to rotational force used to propel a vehicle down the road.

So I see no point in arguing with someone that’s beyond clueless.

I am also going to petition Auburn for my money back.

You didn’t learn shit over there.

Lol.

Keep those hands greased for the pivot. Chafing is frowned upon.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Lol.

Keep those hands greased for the pivot. Chafing is frowned upon.

You’d think such an accomplished engineer would dazzle us with mathematical proof rather than just spouting off which university wasted tax payer dollars trying to educate him…

Again.

Math is math.

EVs are not economically viable at this stage in their development… and that will not change without drastic advances in energy storage technology (which is a pipe dream) and the infrastructure to support it.

ice-cube-bye-felicia.gif

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
You’d think such an accomplished engineer would dazzle us with mathematical proof rather than just spouting off which university wasted tax payer dollars trying to educate him…

Again.

Math is math.

EVs are not economically viable at this stage in their development… and that will not change without drastic advances in energy storage technology (which is a pipe dream) and the infrastructure to support it.

ice-cube-bye-felicia.gif

You made a claim. Onus is on you. That's how science works Homer.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
I already did the math. Search the forum and you’ll find a comprehensive review regarding my decision to not buy a shit box EV.

All without a welfare degree.

You’re welcome.

the-simpsons-homer.gif

Oh I saw you're thread on mpg in your f150. It was about as scientific of an argument as you've made in here.

But sure, EVs aren't viable and Tesla won't make it after year one (yet somehow they're still here 15 years later and the model y is one of the best selling vehicles in the US).

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I'm not assuming any of that.

Believe it or not, not every EV owner makes a purchase based on some ideological or political view.

Exactly. I bought a Plaid because it’s big, comfortable, smooth, reliable, packed with technology and as fast as a 1000CC bike. IDGAF about it being “green” and fully acknowledge that the manufacturing process offsets any emissions a similar ICE vehicle would emit.

But I understand where the assumptions come from. A lot of Tesla and EV owners are arrogant douchebags. They really believe their purchase is some high and mighty solution to a manmade climate crisis. Meanwhile, China and India just dumped 100,000 times more emissions than every ICE powered car combined for an entire year in the last 5 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Exactly. I bought a Plaid because it’s big, comfortable, smooth, reliable, packed with technology and as fast as a 1000CC bike. IDGAF about it being “green” and fully acknowledge that the manufacturing process offsets any emissions a similar ICE vehicle would emit.

But I understand where the assumptions come from. A lot of Tesla and EV owners are arrogant douchebags. They really believe their purchase is some high and mighty solution to a manmade climate crisis. Meanwhile, China and India just dumped 100,000 times more emissions than every ICE powered car combined for an entire year in the last 5 minutes.

It’s so awesome that in eight years it will be worthless. So awesome.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Oh I saw you're thread on mpg in your f150. It was about as scientific of an argument as you've made in here.

But sure, EVs aren't viable and Tesla won't make it after year one (yet somehow they're still here 15 years later and the model y is one of the best selling vehicles in the US).

Government Subsidies keep EVs floating.

And I’m not surprised you’re ability to research is so limited.

Has just about ZERO to do with MPGs on an F150.

It’s pretty obvious to be that you’re either a troll or a really REALLY bad “engineer.”

I’m calling bullshit on the Degree from Auburn… or maybe I have too much faith in our education system…hmmm.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Government Subsidies keep EVs floating.

And I’m not surprised you’re ability to research is so limited.

Has just about ZERO to do with MPGs on an F150.

It’s pretty obvious to be that you’re either a troll or a really REALLY bad “engineer.”

I’m calling bullshit on the Degree from Auburn… or maybe I have too much faith in our education system…hmmm.

I didn't read through it all as it's a pretty pointless thread to begin with. I'm not going to research every claim you've ever made because honestly, I don't give a shit.

You work for your money. You can spend it however you like.

But for some reason, you think you should dictate how others can spend theirs.

And government subsidies do not account for all EVs on the road as not all qualify.

There are many cons to EVs. Efficiency isn't one of them.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
This simply isn't true. You can literally go on autotrader right now to invalidate your comment.
Alright bud, you test this theory out. I’m sticking with vehicles that will be able to go the same distance every fill up. Imagine your truck could only travel half the distance after five years of ownership. What kind of idiot would think this is a good thing?

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Alright bud, you test this theory out. I’m sticking with vehicles that will be able to go the same distance every fill up. Imagine your truck could only travel half the distance after five years of ownership. What kind of idiot would think this is a good thing?

Lol, half the distance? Battery degradation isn’t nearly that bad. The battery has a 8 year 150k mile warranty with a max degradation of 30%. Meaning, if it sees more than 30% Tesla will replace the battery under warranty. Most see around 15-20% in that time.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Lol, half the distance? Battery degradation isn’t nearly that bad. The battery has a 8 year 150k mile warranty with a max degradation of 30%. Most see around 15-20% in that time.

Well 2% is too much for me. I’m used to vehicles getting better mileage as they get older not worse. Couldn’t imagine getting 75miles per fill. Seriously that is laughable.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Lol, half the distance? Battery degradation isn’t nearly that bad. The battery has a 8 year 150k mile warranty with a max degradation of 30%. Most see around 15-20% in that time.

Your range is whatever the Tesla algorithm says it is.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Luxury cars depreciate, it’s a luxury, not a necessity. Go see what the resale value is on a $100k BMW or Mercedes after 8 years.

Don’t you have better things to do today like buy a new car? That mustang in your avatar looks 20 months old. Time for a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread