Stiegemeier Snake bite. omfg

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussZTT

Established Member
seeing that long weld on the rotor case makes me believe that the case is machined. The heat would deflect the case and it wouldn't matter if you machined the case after.
That would explain why the stage 5 wasn't welded there.

How does the bypass work with that plate covering it?
If you look close the plate doesn't actually seal. The boost can bleed from the sides of the case into the valve.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Just woke up!! I'll call Joe now! That SUCKS about your Xcal3? Since it's sunday I guess nobody is there at SCT tech support?? At the very least FordSpeed could do a couple Dyno pulls to check and see if your safe with the current ECU flash then set a Custom Tune up with them when your Hand Held is fixed!
Are you thinking you have 600+ RWHP?

Last edited:

RussZTT

Established Member
Just woke up!! I'll call Joe now! That SUCKS about your Xcal3? Since it's sunday I guess nobody is there at SCT tech support?? At the very least FordSpeed could do a couple Dyno pulls to check and see if your safe with the current ECU flash then set a Custom Tune up with them when your Hand Held is fixed!
Are you thinking you have 600+ RWHP?
Just with the Eaton he wont. I'm thinking maybe 540rwhp give or take.

slowmoving1

Established Member
I'm thinking 530-550 rwhp on pump gas tune safe tune. I'm not a pro racer I could care less about an extra 20-30 hp on a more risker tune.
I'm going to look at the HP,TQ, curves more than peak #'s
If you guys are looking for huge #'s I do not think it will happen in 90+ florida heat and a very safe tune Sorry to disapoint

Shoting for max timing 20-22
A/F 11.5 max
I want my motor to last a long time
This is not a caged race car just a simple street car looking to run High 10's before i get kicked out of track.
Gainesville track is strict.

Last edited:

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
I'm thinking 530-550 rwhp on pump gas tune safe tune. I'm not a pro racer I could care less about an extra 20-30 hp on a more risker tune.
I'm going to look at the HP,TQ, curves more than peak #'s
If you guys are looking for huge #'s I do not think it will happen in 90+ florida heat and a very safe tune Sorry to disapoint

Shoting for max timing 20-22
A/F 11.5 max
I want my motor to last a long time
This is not a caged race car just a simple street car looking to run High 10's before i get kicked out of track.
Gainesville track is strict

Oh yes they are,

I went up a few weeks ago, ran a crappy 10.93 and they were waiting for my back at the timing shack. Got sent up to the tower and told I had to leave, and they gave me a list of things I would need, then a paper I needed to get signed by the tech inspector before I could race again at the track.

Apparently a convertible that runs in the 10s with no cage, harness, ect is not something they found humorous.

I've been meaning to do the cage for a bit, I just hate to cut up a perfectly good street car, as I don't race it much. Luckily Bradenton has like 0 tech, but the racing surface is horrible compared to Gainesville.

I'm on my phone atm, I'll get back to you when I get back up to the house slowmoving1 (I saw you sent a PM, but can't check it on the phone)

Tractionless1

Established Member
That's very impressive. How many lbs of boost?

18.89 PSI on a 74* ambient day in S. Florida, read humidity. IAT2's at 103* post pull (KC), 8lb/3.10 pulley combo. If I can get to 600 whp with a Snakebike and stock lower with smaller upper I'm game. Don't know if anyone remembers or not but that was the original claim.

If the OP's numbers are only going to be 20-30whp higher then mine, it's not worth the $895 (price for prev. ported blower). I'll take that $$, build a dry system with all the bells and whistles (100 shot), and put down neighborhood 625/740.

Just hanging out to see what these Snakebites do before making a decision. :read:

Last edited:

Ls1z28-00

Established Member
well guys, ill let you know what steig told me when i sent him a pm about the snakebite, when it first came out. He said 500RWHP with stock upper and lower, 525 RWHP with the 2.93 upper i had on the car at that time. so he was saying a 2.93 would work on the SB but didnt say how much boost that would make. those seem like realistic numbers to me but hardly worth 1500 for the power gain. I dont know if he was giving me low numbers on purpose but i cant see why he would.

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
I sure hope it makes more than that, if not I'd consider it a bust for the $$$. Hell my stg. IV makes 519/567 SAE on 18* and pump gas!!

On who's dyno?

I noticed dynos vary wildly from one shop to the other, especially here in FL. I don't mean this in any negative way towards you or your car, but just dropping a number without details and other info hardly allows for a legit comparison of performance. Especially when the power gain were talking about is in the margin of error for the dyno (comparing a STG 5 to a Snakebite) and we don't know what the OP's car put's down on your dyno.

Who knows, I've been on dynos where my car barely made 550rwhp (trapping over 130) and others where it said I have 654rwhp. All the operators claimed to have their dyno calibrated correctly. So just saying... a dyno is a great guess machine, but there is no consistency between them, so I think we should wait for more data.

Although it should be noted, he is making this with a 3.25upper and no lower, what pulley ratio are you using?

fudgerunyard

Banned
The OP hasn't said what other mods have been done to the car. Bob said that the blower would make 500/500SAE with stock pulley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread