Stiegemeier Snake bite. omfg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
Hey,

Something seems a little odd to me, wondered if you could clarify?

What rear end gears and tire height are you running on that car? I noticed it was moving through the revs pretty quickly (blower sounds stout), but I noticed your speed per gear change seemed a little lower then normal (indicating the car has more gear in it).

This is unrelated to the blower, just curious, as it seems whatever gear and tire combo you have in the car is working pretty well, it seems to keep the blower in it's power range.

slowmoving1

Established Member
Hey,

Something seems a little odd to me, wondered if you could clarify?

What rear end gears and tire height are you running on that car? I noticed it was moving through the revs pretty quickly (blower sounds stout), but I noticed your speed per gear change seemed a little lower then normal (indicating the car has more gear in it).

This is unrelated to the blower, just curious, as it seems whatever gear and tire combo you have in the car is working pretty well, it seems to keep the blower in it's power range.

SRA with 4.10 gears and 325-50-15, 28 in tall tire = 373 gears
nice catch

also, you sir have a nice car that runs great #'s

Last edited:

slowmoving1

Established Member
If you bring it to FordSpeed I'll let you do 3 runs for $20!!
If you get ahold of me today I can set something up for Monday...

sound good pm me on sun lets see if we can make it happen. pm, me the details.

Also I will need tuning not just dyno pulls I do not think he will dyno tune for 20.00

And in previous post my sct x3 took a crap. I do not know how he will save tune if my tuner is not working.

not a sct expert my be you can tell him what is going on and see if he can help me out
Thanks Spencer

Last edited:

Spade

Established Member
If you bring it to FordSpeed I'll let you do 3 runs for $20!!
If you get ahold of me today I can set something up for Monday...

Sound like a good deal. I would think you have alot are on the edge of their seat waiting for the results.

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
Lets see those numbers....i patiently wait for them

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Yeah I got your PM Spencer, I'm pretty sure Fordspeed could burn the tune right to your ECU but I'd see if Rob could find out the problem with your handheld so it could be imported through that, you say the screen is blank blue when it boots up?
Like I said I'll call Joe later today and see if we can get this all set up, the WHOLE SVT Community anxiously awaits this vital info on the TOP Secret Steg Snakebite!!

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
I'm actually in Tampa myself (hence the S/N). I live in Dade City and work down in Oldsmar, though I usually find myself in Land O lakes and Tampa cruising around. I was going to go out tonight to play with some bikes on the bridge, but I have to throw the car up on the lift and fix an annoying exhaust rattle.

Car looks sweet, I would love to go for a ride, and take some videos if you want. I picked up an HD video camera recently and wanted a chance to get some footage with it. It's always good to meet other people in the area that are into cars. Since I took the position down in Oldsmar, I don't drive the Cobra much (since it's like 80 mile round trip).

What city are you located? I've probably seen you around before. My car is the red vert with a vanity tag that says "HA U LUZ".

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member

Also I will need tuning not just dyno pulls I do not think he will dyno tune for 20.00

And in previous post my sct x3 took a crap. I do not know how he will save tune if my tuner is not working.

not a sct expert my be you can tell him what is going on and see if he can help me out
Thanks Spencer

If you need help with Datalogging, I have a dedicated laptop just for SCT tuning that I use until I'm finishing installing the new carputer. I can help you do some datalogging if you need, then put the logs on a flash drive or something so you can read them at home/post them up. I run the logging software pretty much 24/7 now that I've been tuning n20 into the car.

Shoot me a PM and well exchange contact info, I started a new Schedule Tues-Fri so now I have permanent 3 day weekends so I finally have time to spend messing with cars again. I have spent a good bit of time working on, diagnosing and tuning (to a minor degree, Eric Brooks does the full on tunes for me) the 03/04 Cobras. My Dad built a 3600 sq ft garage up in Dade City and we actually pretty much spend all of our time now working on cars, so I've developed a pretty good hand at figuring out what's wrong with these things, as whenever my friends break them, their first stop is usually my place.

I won't lie, part of me really wants to see this thing first hand, but I also like being able to meet other people that share my enthusiasm (fanaticism) for these cars. Although I will warn you, you get me talking about blowers and turbos and I won't stfu =0

Last edited:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
If you need help with Datalogging, I have a dedicated laptop just for SCT tuning that I use until I'm finishing installing the new carputer. I can help you do some datalogging if you need, then put the logs on a flash drive or something so you can read them at home/post them up.

Shoot me a PM and well exchange contact info, I started a new Schedule Tues-Fri so now I have permanent 3 day weekends. So I'm trying to get back into the car thing full swing.
I see your off Mondays? If I set the Dyno runs up with Joe your welcome to come to FordSpeed to shoot some vids with your new Vid Camera if Spencer will allow it?

1Quick4.6

Established Member
But dont you have to put down a non-refundable deposit? If its refundable/cancelable then thats cool. But eventually the details will get out so why he fights it IDK. :shrug:

he sends you the info sheet and pricing before you make your $100 deposit so you can make up your mind.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Justin at vmp or joe at fordspeed in tampa.
osw or gainesville

I highly recommend Justin at VMP.
He has been my tuner for years and has retuned my car many times as my mods have changed and grown.
He also tunes a bunch of my friends cars including Cobras, Machs, GT 500 and other EFI Fords.
You won't disappointed.

-

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
I am more interested in seeing what this thing will do when you spin the crap out of it like most of us do. But I guess if it makes more power without having to that would be great.

slowmoving1

Established Member
I will keep every body posted and see if we can make the dyno happen.
It suck's my sct x3 took a shit. anybody else have this happen to them before.

It said 1st couple times FILE SYSTEM INT

Then it just went to blank blue screen when pluged in

slowmoving1

Established Member
I highly recommend Justin at VMP.
He has been my tuner for years and has retuned my car many times as my mods have changed and grown.
He also tunes a bunch of my friends cars including Cobras, Machs, GT 500 and other EFI Fords.
You won't disappointed.

-

How much does VMP charge money is kind of tight right now
Thanks Spencer

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I am more interested in seeing what this thing will do when you spin the crap out of it like most of us do. But I guess if it makes more power without having to that would be great.

Like I said 2 pages back - the SnakeBite spins 16,000 on the stock pullies. You don't have much room left to spin it harder without getting into the gray area where nobody really knows what will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread