Something I wish I knew about the 2.3 tvs

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
I'm running a K080785 belt .... Thump tensioner, 3.0" x 4# lower, 100 mm aux., 3.2" Alt. pulley & 1-90 mm, 2-100 mm idolers ... No slip! :)

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
You have a problem and it is not the blower.
Did you log boost vs RPM to verify belt slip?
It is rare to have belt slip with the TVS with a properly sized belt.
What tensioner are you using?

xxjaymanzxx

Established Member
Belt slip not gonna drop boost that much all I had was a idler on mine stock tensioner just gatorback belt and was fine. I say bypass also or tensioner maxed out

StevemcQueen

SVT MVP
Established Member
When I put my TVS on my stock tensioner deflected and the belt slipped hard core When on the dyno. I instantly dropped 10 lbs of boost. I got a new tensioner and a metco tensioner brace and haven't had a problem. I run a 2.8 pulley and make 18.3 lbs. I've got long tubes as well.

Benz_tech

Kinda Lost
Established Member
So after my tuner talking with justin at vmp, he verified that at seal level, with a 2.6 pulley, belt slip
Is unavoidable. The next step would be to try a 3.0 pulley I have now and install a 4 pound lower.
Those seem to work fine for you guys. But instead of trying that, I'll probably sell my blower and get
A KB.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
So after my tuner talking with justin at vmp, he verified that at seal level, with a 2.6 pulley, belt slip
Is unavoidable. The next step would be to try a 3.0 pulley I have now and install a 4 pound lower.
Those seem to work fine for you guys. But instead of trying that, I'll probably sell my blower and get
A KB.

Seriously? Selling your blower for a KB? :nonono:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
If the KB makes the power he wants and the TVS doesn't I don't see the issue?

Well what if that isn't the problem? Figure out the problem 100% before swapping blowers!

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
There is no way I would swap blower until I found out what the issue is.
Many people run the 2.6 without issue. People on this thread have that set up and it works fine.
As has been stated something else is going on.

StevemcQueen

SVT MVP
Established Member
I'll be running a 2.6" pulley very soon. Alot of people on here run it without issue. I'd figure out what the issue is before spending money on swapping blowers.

sono

Established Member
I'd look at the worst case numbers on the KB before you start getting jumpy. It's the "FINE PRINT" that gets you. The forums are full of big numbers, but pin a guy down on worst case dyno's and well...... Your not alone.

Benz_tech

Kinda Lost
Established Member
It's tuned on the 3.0 and does fine there no problem. At 18 psi it's around 650
On a dynojet, probably high 5's on a mustang dyno. My tuner who has had the car for two
Weeks trying to solve this issue says it's belt slip, justin himself says it's belt slip.
The problem has been found whether you agree with it or not.
Other guys may not be at sea level like I am. Again this issue probably can be fixed
Going with a 4 pound lower and a 3.0 upper. I'm not a fan of an uncaged lower.
I can sell this tvs for a good amount of money because it's still newish.
I have a friend who can hook me up with a kb 2.8 that won't have
Belt slip all day, for much cheaper than most people can buy them. I'll probably even
Make money off the deal.

ctgreddy

Established Member
sucks you've gotta switch but I do love my kb. I'll be aiming for 21-22 psi and have a 3.4/2lb combo so deff not gonna slip. If you're keeping stock lower you can either do a kb pulley 3.25 or do the billetflow and go 3.1 or 3.4.

If I was staying pump gas I'd trade you blowers but I'm doing e85 so will finally be able to push this big mamba jamba.

ctgreddy

Established Member
However I would say it'd be a good idea to try a new bypass valve first. Mainly because if you're gonna sell it someone that's interested may shy away after seeing this thread unless you can rule out everything but belt slip.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
IMO, if your belt was slipping that bad it would look like you did a burnout on the dyno from the belt smoking so bad. On top of that you would have rubber dust all over your engine bay, especially on your ilders.

Users who are viewing this thread