Something I wish I knew about the 2.3 tvs

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
Don't get caught up in boost numbers... Boost is a measurement of restriction. The more boost, the more restrictive your set-up is. It's just like the people who bolt on long tube headers and get upset when they loose a pound or 2 of boost. You'r numbers are VERY impressive for bolt-ons.

gabe1530

Banned
id have fun and get used to the great power you have now and then when your ready, add the 4lb lower and have lund re tune it.

laruei

Established Member
^thats what i told him. When i had my 2.2 on 19lbs and e85 (same power he makes now) that thing was vicious and a fun. Cant get too wrapped up in numbers..

elcobrita

Established Member
Just so everyone knows, john Lund just finished my tuning with the 3.0
Pulley. At 17.5 psi and e85 it made 658 hp and 595 tq.

Holy shit those are some good numbers if this is on a 3.0 upper only! Are you still having boost dropoff issues?

Something's off I had 2.8/2lb stock manifolds 21psi 680whp 708tq

Dont add fuel to the fire lol.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Great numbers Lee! I agree with others. Keep it like this for a while and then when the bug hits throw that lower on and get in the 7XXs!!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Just so everyone knows, john Lund just finished my tuning with the 3.0
Pulley. At 17.5 psi and e85 it made 658 hp and 595 tq.

I'd be happy with those on less than 18 psi. There is a guy I just talked to here and he has a Kenne Bell 2.6 or 2.8 on E85 making 650 rwhp. And I'm pretty sure he's in the 20+ range for boost.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I was told by a few people that 21 psi on stock head bolts is a baaaaaad
Idea. Thoughts?

It's 23+ when you should start worrying, and even then people have pushed the limits past that.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I was told by a few people that 21 psi on stock head bolts is a baaaaaad
Idea. Thoughts?

PSI is just a measure of air flow restriction on your motor. Everyone's blower or turbo, exhaust, engine, fuel and tune setup is different. One guy can be at 600 hp on 21 PSI and another at 900 on 21 PSI. It's how much HP you're making you should be worried about and no I don't know when your stock head bolts are going to stretch.

Misfitflesh

Established Member
Don't get me wrong these numbers are nice for what it is, but I wanted
To hit that 21.5 psi mark like senkak. I have a few people messaging me, some are
Recommending me to get that 4 pound lower and call it a day.
John Lund is from the east coast. He's on the other side of the states from me, but he works
With a guy that owns a shop here in SoCal. So I use his dyno while Lund
Tunes live on the other end of the computer.

I see you're from SD and I just moved out here not too long ago. Who's dyno do you use that Lund works with? After I get my motor tested and make sure everything's ok I want to buy a pulley/supporting mods and get it tuned right.

greenflash00

Established Member
Keep your head up man... as problems go, this is a very minor one lol. Make sure you're using a good belt like a Gates HD green or MicroV and a big idler up top for more wrap.

My TVS has the 2.8 on right now and I made 21.5psi on it when I first got to the dyno in the morning a few months ago (cold day) Ended up with 19lbs on the final pull after it warmed up. I'm going back for the e85 tune on the 2.6 next week so we'll see what she does.

As stated though, a 4lb lower or notching the pulley would take care of any slip you have. Lastly, DO NOT get rid of your blower for a KB man...that's like tearing down a new house because theses a hole in the drywall. lol You wouldn't be making the numbers you are if the blower was bad.

Do you happen to have a dyno video/graph?

Good luck and keep us posted! :beer:

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
Seeing this has kinda renewed my enthusiasm to get a caged 4lb lower built. Are there any machinists in the house that want to take up a project?

Users who are viewing this thread