single vs. twins

TRBO VNM

und3rgr0undk1ng said:
I never even mentioned your name or your car. I just said I wasnt impressed with the new whipples that are out. When did you become part of this ?

And for the record Jason, I said the sullivan would add cost , not for the kit itself but just factoring in the extra grand or so for the sullivan on top. With the BB upgrade and a sullivan your just about at 8 grand, same as a THP that already comes with a sullivan and rails. You misunderstood, calm yourself down and leave your ego at the door , its not welcome here . I know Im not the only one that can tell your still mad about not gettin my car . Quit with the bullsh1t already.

:lol: you first. :lol:

EDIT: nm

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
There is/was actually some excellent information in this thread on the finer points of turbo mechanics and the Terminator. As an old Roots fella, I was enjoying the read. Total bullcrap how the thread is ruined and the guys that have good information will probably stop posting.......

Last edited:

TurboV3nomVa

Established Member
Blown02 said:
whats so special about your car?

Whats special about it is that Jason (TRBOVNM) wanted to trade me his hellion car for my comp orange whipple car plus cash. I finally got wise and realized I wasnt gettin what I really wanted so opted to keep my car and build it myself. He's been butthurt ever since so he comes on here and vents. And Ken swears Im dreamin about owning a turbo car...well, since I can , I will have the car I been "dreamin" about. I just put togther the money for my 1150 billet stroker from MMR and next after that will come the turbos/spray.

And ya Dwight its a shame ppl have to start gettin emotional . I leave for a few days and find my thread hijacked. Its ok tho , modularfords has some great threads about the THP and HPP kits. Im not findin alot on the hellions , maybe cuz there isnt alot of hellion owners with a whole lot to say, figures. Its like ppl tryin to argue that sirloin steak is better then filet mignon. I already know the THP is way better , I just wanted to know what the THP owners had to say about tuning and installing them, hence my original post.

Bullitt357

Established Member
und3rgr0undk1ng said:
Im not findin alot on the hellions , maybe cuz there isnt alot of hellion owners with a whole lot to say, figures. .

Undergrounding, have you been tested for ADD or ADHD? The original post asked for feedback from owners. Since that post Janstang and I have both posted. I'm not sure if Ironterp and AdrianG own a Hellion kit but they have experience with them and they also posted. Bigdave03SVT posted about seeing a Hellion at the track and Almo has experience with and I believe plans on purchasing a Hellion kit. Now where are all the guys with THP or HPP experience or better yet owners? So far I see many more posts from people who either own a Hellion kit or have experience with them.

As far as telling ANYONE to stop the nonsense, I suggest you look in the mirror when you say that. Read some of your previous posts and you will see what I mean; Calling someone a fool for purchasing an 88mm kit is childish. Referring to someone being "butthurt" is infantile at best. I'm assuming you're an adult. GROW UP and act like it.

TRBO VNM

I am not venting about anything. but I might as well now since you are the one that brought it all up. I never mentioned anything about our trade until you started talking about it. the only thing in the trade you would not have had is the orange car. Shit, I was giving you the hellion kit that has been upgraded, coated piping, MMR mod 1100 motor, new 05 revised heads and even a low mileage tranny. I was taking minimal items to transfer to your car, suspension, stereo system, MSD, cage. trade and 5k from you I think was more than reasonable and so do a few others I consulted with.

BTW, I wouldn't go changing the story. I have all the emails saved and even printed in case I had to quote anything. kinda pathetic, but I felt the need to cover my ass considering how you change what you say daily. either way we are both better off. you get to keep your orange car and I don't have to deal with you through it all and I still keep everything I wanted anyway. I don't mind the silver or I wouldn't have bought it. it just isn't my first choice, but I will make it unique.

if you would just STFU about everything, stop your crap posts and try to have an intelligent conversation, maybe you would get somewhere. but so far in 99% of your threads you are all but that.

do a search on modfords for hellion or even on here. then you will see how many are there. hell, the main THP/HPP threads over there are just people arguing back and forth about who's makes more power. that one is pretty funny to. I have 20+ kits out there on terminators. if you really need to see them post I can call them all and have them post something up. although you made up your mind. so why even bring hellion back up. you obviously have no clue about it or what is out there for info with the crap you keep posting about it.

I honestly just find this thread amusing and humorous. I look forward to laughing every day and might as well feed it.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

Blown02 said:
whats so special about your car?

it's orange so it is worth so much more than anything else out there.
:lol:

BTW, I talked to someone who just paid $25k for a comp orange with I believe 9k miles on it and mild mods. so yeah, cars are only worth as much as someone wants to pay and how much the seller is willing to let it go for.

spdjnky

slept_on
Established Member
u guys are killin me can we please get a thp owner in here and hear wut they have to say about it??:cuss:

TurboV3nomVa

Established Member
I find it interesting Bullitt that you just made this acct and the only few posts you have are on my thread, just a lil shadey I'd say. Funny how you just made an acct to come and post here on only this particular thread ? A thread about turbo terminators which you dont even own or seem to know much about. You come on here and insult me, you're a jackass. Go play on mustangforums.

And you didnt have to mention the trade Jason, its quite obvious. Not to mention ,this thread was about how installing and tuning a twin differed from a single. Unless I started seeing some real advantages to it then I wouldnt consider buying a hellion. No one has been able to offer up any information that sways me in the direction of gettin one. So get over the fact that not everyone is gonna agree with you either. You came in here and started goin back and forth with Ed and then you have the nerve to say my posts are crap. Everything was fine b4 that. Im on here to learn more about how these turbos work on the cobra, not to listen to you sell the Hellion.

You guys managed to turn this into a circus, not me. To top it off you wanna talk about how much someone paid for a comp o coupe, whats that have to do with me ?
Im still tryin to learn about how the twin kit install compares to the single, only Matt from Lethal seems to have anything relivant to say. Since you dont know anything about the THP kit, you should research it some first before offering up your opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Almo

Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
it's orange so it is worth so much more than anything else out there.
:lol:

BTW, I talked to someone who just paid $25k for a comp orange with I believe 9k miles on it and mild mods. so yeah, cars are only worth as much as someone wants to pay and how much the seller is willing to let it go for.

You know Jason.. if anyone here should like Comp Orange more than others... it would be the folks living and or from Eastern Tennessee. Big Orange Country!! UT Knoxville :rockon: I'm originally from Greeneville, TN and my folks are still there... been around the world many time over and there is just something about the Great Smokey's.

That said, I'm an orange freak and would have jumped on an Comp O if one had been available.

Yeah yeah, I'll shut up and sit back down now. Wanted to share though. :-D

Oh and not to forget. Go Vols!!! :banana: <---- we need an orange banana. :D

TRBO VNM

und3rgr0undk1ng said:
Since you dont know anything about the THP kit, you should research it some first before offering up your opinion.

I do know about it. I have been reading about them and posted some in this thread and others if you searched, you miss that info as well obviously. what I do know...

-kit looks very nice. I like the placement of the turbo's and looking at them in the engine bay.
-there were fitment issues, but appear to be resolved
-you have to relocate the battery
-you have to cut holes for the pipes on both sides of the car(stock battery location and stock airbox location). EDIT per Matt's post below. For the intake pipes. thanks Matt.
-the kit makes good power, as they all do
-mild steel and coated piping

when I was in the market, the turnoff for me was cutting the car and waiting on a kit. now that I have more experience, mild coated steel is a turnoff to me as well. at least for the piping(minus the headers). I don't know what their warranty is on the piping and coating, but it is a good question.

Last edited:

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
TRBO VNM said:
I do know about it. I have been reading about them and posted in this thread, you failed to miss that info as well obviously. what I do know...

-kit looks very nice. I like the placement of the turbo's and looking at them in the engine bay.
-there were fitment issues, but appear to be resolved
-you have to relocate the battery
-you have to cut holes for the pipes on both sides of the car(stock battery location and stock airbox location). I believe for the downpipes, Matt can correct me if I am wrong about which pipes.
-the kit makes good power, as they all do
-mild steel and coated piping

when I was in the market, the turnoff for me was cutting the car and waiting on a kit. now that I have more experience, mild coated steel is a turnoff to me as well. at least for the piping(minus the headers). I don't know what their warranty is on the piping and coating, but it is a good question.

You drill two 2 1/2" holes into those fenders you mentioned, not too much of a ordeal. But it's for the Intake Pipes, not DP.

Relocating you're battery isn't a bad thing, but it sure is a hassle.

All I can say and this is for anyone, it would be hard to sell you a kit without knowing you're expectations. We need to hear what you want to accomplish before we try to sell you something that is overkill. Once we see you're goals, we can put you on the right path.

That is all.

Sincerely,

Matt

J

Janstang

I agree with Matts last statement..The individuals interested in going turbo have to make it known what there intentions are-ie..racing only, street/strip etc. From there it makes it easier to decide what to go with. With me being 80%race/20%street the T88 works great. I don't care about the bench racing and how much twins vs. singles makes on the dyno. I let my results show at the track, and I think the reason you aren't hearing from several of the other T88 guys is the same reason. One unexpected plus I have had with doing the single over the twins is, whenever I have my hood open whether at the track or out in town, people about crap when they see the underhood area and that big ass turbo. With twins you don't have that, with it all being tucked underneath. I will say from the couple of shakedown runs I have had a chance to do that I am at full boost when leaving the line off the transbrake vs. maybe half of that with the D1SC I had on before. Also its taking approx. 5psi less boost to run similiar times to the D1SC and I am still very conservative on the timing and A/F. I know that isn't a fair comparison to the Eaton vs. turbo stuff, but thats all I have to compare to right now..

Blown02

Established Member
Janstang said:
I agree with Matts last statement..The individuals interested in going turbo have to make it known what there intentions are-ie..racing only, street/strip etc. From there it makes it easier to decide what to go with. With me being 80%race/20%street the T88 works great. I don't care about the bench racing and how much twins vs. singles makes on the dyno. I let my results show at the track, and I think the reason you aren't hearing from several of the other T88 guys is the same reason. One unexpected plus I have had with doing the single over the twins is, whenever I have my hood open whether at the track or out in town, people about crap when they see the underhood area and that big ass turbo. With twins you don't have that, with it all being tucked underneath. I will say from the couple of shakedown runs I have had a chance to do that I am at full boost when leaving the line off the transbrake vs. maybe half of that with the D1SC I had on before. Also its taking approx. 5psi less boost to run similiar times to the D1SC and I am still very conservative on the timing and A/F. I know that isn't a fair comparison to the Eaton vs. turbo stuff, but thats all I have to compare to right now..
ya my hp kit you cant see the turbos, but THP and HPP, you see the turbos.. its a different wow factor.. with twins, everyone is amazed because there are two turbos.. with a single, they are amazed at the size..

TurboV3nomVa

Established Member
Too funny Allen !
My mind is already made up. Once the motor goes in and I get bored with the whipple , then I'll have my kit built. Id like to see first wha I can do with the whipple sittin on a stroker with ported heads plus spray. Im thinkin I'll have the extra cash in place by late fall , early winter to put the twins on too. Till then I'll continue to gather info, who knows, maybe somethng better will come out in the meantime. Now I just need to decide between MMR, VT and Al P.....
Nice setup you got there Janstang, I bet it hauls ass like a bat outa hell.

Last edited by a moderator:

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
und3rgr0undk1ng said:
Whats special about it is that Jason (TRBOVNM) wanted to trade me his hellion car for my comp orange whipple car plus cash. I finally got wise and realized I wasnt gettin what I really wanted so opted to keep my car and build it myself. He's been butthurt ever since so he comes on here and vents. And Ken swears Im dreamin about owning a turbo car...well, since I can , I will have the car I been "dreamin" about. I just put togther the money for my 1150 billet stroker from MMR and next after that will come the turbos/spray.

And ya Dwight its a shame ppl have to start gettin emotional . I leave for a few days and find my thread hijacked. Its ok tho , modularfords has some great threads about the THP and HPP kits. Im not findin alot on the hellions , maybe cuz there isnt alot of hellion owners with a whole lot to say, figures. Its like ppl tryin to argue that sirloin steak is better then filet mignon. I already know the THP is way better , I just wanted to know what the THP owners had to say about tuning and installing them, hence my original post.

I think you are dreaming and it will never happen. You are saying how great the THP kit is over the Hellion etc etc etc. Well then buy it already! Instead of masterbating to pics of the kit online. Now your story is, "Ohh I will wait until I get sick of my Whipple" Your motor will be out for the MMR swap, so you may as well go turbo then instead of doing the work twice.

If the THP kit is so superior to the Hellion and you know this, then why the F did you even make this thread? Your thread is titled SINGLE vs TWINS but you go on and on about how Hellion sucks, its a cookie cutter kit blah blah blah, THP is great while you sit there with the biggest boner. Its not a cookie cutter kit, its extremely well designed and it performs. The kit is worth what you pay for it, its not overpriced. There is nothing wrong with a Turbonetics turbo, what makes it "questionable"? I hope that THP kit fits when you get it (if you get it and its not a pipe dream)

You ask about which is easier to install a single vs twin. I think its pretty damn obvious.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
eebj01 said:
My mph numbers are for me to know. It wouldn't help you out anyway since I have drag suspension, an automatic with transbrake, and a solid rear axle. That would be comparing apples to oranges for most out there.

Lets hear em, its not that hard to make up big #s that never happened.Why are you afraid to post your high trap speeds? Must be like a Supra 14.0@160?

Users who are viewing this thread