single vs. twins

TurboV3nomVa

Established Member
I think its a no brainer.....All the other forums I go to ppl are using THP or HPP and very few hellions. What you're paying for with hellion is the no wait factor. Ppl pay thru the nose cuz they dont have to wait 3 months. In my case tho I'm on the verge of makin a trade for a THP twin 67mm kit plus a lil cash for my whipple ands supportin mods , so the wait isnt a factor. After alll is said and done if the trade goes thru , I will be payin alot less then gettin a new Hellion, THP, HPP , etc.....

I know the 88mm Hellion kit can hang but its 8 grand with no options !!! WTF !! Im gonna keep my fingers crossed and hope this twin trade goes thru. Altho I spoke to Jim about sendin him my 67's in exchange for some 61's which will spool faster. Otherwise I might do the motor first and then order a new THP kit in a few months.

With all due respect Jason, you're really the only one in favor of the Hellion , not just on this thread but on the other forums also. Seems like its 50/50 on THP vs. HPP and Hellion gets the single turbo votes.

TheGord

Texas Proud
Established Member
I would choose hellion simply based on the idea of getting a maximum motorsports k-member

TRBO VNM

und3rgr0undk1ng said:
With all due respect Jason, you're really the only one in favor of the Hellion , not just on this thread but on the other forums also. Seems like its 50/50 on THP vs. HPP and Hellion gets the single turbo votes.

with all due respect you really don't know what you are talking about. if you are looking for a twin, of course people are not going to pick hellion. if you are looking for single, why would anyone recommend a twin? it's like you say in your post
I know the 88mm Hellion kit can hang but its 8 grand with no options !!! WTF
, do you know anything about it? do you know how much the turbo alone costs? Do you know the other changes that were made to the kit to support the 88? You read a few things and make assumptions and then post these opinions thatare just bogus because you don't have all the information. just had another, yes another guy call me today because he isn't happy with his fitment of the HP twin kit and he is thinking of selling it for a hellion and I never talked to him prior, but everyone else he talked to said he should go hellion and now he regrets not doing it. if he does go through with it, which he may just sell the car because he is so fed up with the HP, that would be 2 HP guys that sold the kits for a hellion and I had a THP guy sell his for hellion. And I have had others think about changing as well. It's just like you think the downpipe is junk and the turbonetics turbo is junk because you read something on an import board.

news flash, you aren't going to make more peak power with a larger downpipe. the turbo will only flow as much as it can and at what boost level it does is determined by many factors. Meaning the manufacturer rates the turbo for so much power or cfm. you aren't going to increase that with a larger downpipe. yes, depending on the motor, kit design and other factors you may not hit that max power that the turbo is rated for. so you as the customer pushes it to what you want. if it doesn't make its max power then you can make your own changes(generally speaking). so one option is a larger downpipe and yes that can increase the power of the kit on your application, but if the manufacturer rates the turbo for 900hp you aren't going to increase that 900 to something else. if you don't make that power with the setup, then whatever changes you do make are to achieve that power level, but you aren't going to magically make more than it is rated/designed for. the larger downpipe will be more efficient on just about any turbo, but there are many other factors to consider. just like the eaton, whipple, KB or centri blower. they can only flow so much volume. you won't magically change that with a larger downpipe. you need to change the internals of the turbo.

I have no clue what sites you are looking at, but the 2 I primarily go to have a hell of a lot more hellion customers than the others with the terminator kits.

but honestly, I really don't care what you do. you need to do what makes you happy and meets the needs you have for your car. and that is the bottom line. I wouldn't sell you a hellion kit anyway. I would send you somewhere else. I wouldn't want to deal with the customer service needed to talk you through everything over the phone because you already admitted to me you aren't that mechanically inclined. you might as well suck it up and pay a shop to install whatever you get. I am sure Excessive will treat you right.

Last edited:

Bullitt357

Established Member
und3rgr0undk1ng said:
I think its a no brainer.....All the other forums I go to ppl are using THP or HPP and very few hellions. What you're paying for with hellion is the no wait factor. Ppl pay thru the nose cuz they dont have to wait 3 months.

Last year my friend and I from Pontiac both bought Hellion kits. One for my Bullitt and one for his 03 Cobra. We ordered our kits the same day and got them w/in a week of placing our order. So yes, they do ship quick!! As far as paying through the nose, I would strongly disagree. My buddy's kit was $6395. Plus the cost of the 99/01 Cobra stuff that's needed. Hellion gave him the info of a place in Texas that had all the necessary stuff for $750. so that puts it at $7145. THP's kit has a "introductory price" of $7995. And the HPP "starts from " $7499. So even with having to purchase the 99/01 Cobra accessories, you're still less expensive than the other two.

I know the 88mm Hellion kit can hang but its 8 grand with no options !!! WTF !! Im gonna keep my fingers crossed and hope this twin trade goes thru. Altho I spoke to Jim about sendin him my 67's in exchange for some 61's which will spool faster. Otherwise I might do the motor first and then order a new THP kit in a few months.

What options are you looking for? And as far as sending in your 67s in exchange for 61s that makes me worry for future customers of theirs. Are your 67s new or used. I wouldn't want to drop 8 grand and get somebody's used/refurbished turbos.

You do realize that Hellion ONLY SELLS SINGLE turbo kits right? Like TurboVenom said, of course no one is going to vote on a twin Hellion becaue it doesn't exist.

smashedheadcat

Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
news flash, you aren't going to make more peak power with a larger downpipe. the turbo will only flow as much as it can and at what boost level it does is determined by many factors. the larger downpipe will be more efficient on any turbo, but if it can only support say 1000hp, you aren't going to make 1200hp because of a larger downpipe. you will make the 1000hp at a lower boost level. just like the eaton, whipple, KB or centri blower. they can only flow so much volume. you won't magically change that with a larger downpipe. you need to change the internals of the turbo.

Wrong! A 3 inch downpipe on t76 cobra is a restriction at high boost and that is a fact. THAT is A reason that the t76 cars are stuck at low 700 hp and the twin turbo cobras are not. That turbo, in optimal conditions can move enough air to support what, 900 hp? If you put a restriction in there, then efficiency goes down, way down. When efficiency goes down, power per pound of boost goes down, and eventually, the poor turbo just can't move any more air. For example, turbo can move 900hp worth of air. If you restrict it on the exhaust side, the turbo can only flow 700hp worth of air. Adding a larger downpipe removes that restriction, and now the turbo can move 900hp worth of air again.

The hellion kit is very nice and has a lot of advantages, but it cannot compete powerwise with the twin turbo kits. Search, see if you can find one that puts out 800rwhp at sea level or close to it. When you look at power numbers from turbo cars, you'll see things like:

Hellion T76
22psi
715rwhp 681rwtq

Hellion t76
20psi
713 rwhp 719 rwtq

Hellion t76
670rwhp
18ish psi

HPP twins
19psi
829 rwhp 765 rwtq

THP twins
23psi
851 rwhp

HP twins
14psi
657 rwhp 582rwtq

HPP twins
24psi
906 rwhp 876 rwtq

HP twins
20psi
830 rwhp 755 rwtq

All kits have pro/cons. Just like Jason said, do your research, find out the good, the bad and the ugly about all the kits and make your choice. I made mine, and if I could do it over again..... I probably would. It spools very fast, it's deep into the 10's on 13psi and MY kit fit great. I'm happy with customer service and I like the fact that the turbos are hidden. Anyway, you'll see that any of these kits can make enough power to beat up on an old whipple or KB. However, with these 2.8 big bore twin screws and big whipples coming out.....................

eebj01

Established Member
turbos

I just came across this post. I think it's funny how trbovnm always jumps in to push the Hellion kits and then says that when you call around and ask questions, they are going to tell you what to buy and what is better based on what they want to sell you. Isn't trbovnm a Hellion dealer? EXACTLY. I have the THP twin kit and I can tell you that I have made more hp and torque through an automatic at any boost level than most of the Hellion cars. There are some out there I'm sure that have made more with better supporting parts. All I hear is that THP #'s are inflated because of this correction and that air and this humidity. Well, I know what mine made and what mile an hour it turned at the track. I know that my pump gas tune with a super rich a/f pulled a higher mile an hour than most Hellions on race fuel. I have been looking to go to Cecil County since April to shut up some Hellion guys that evidently know more than I do but someone (trbovnm) doesn't have a car that runs. Don't bad mouth other people's stuff because they bought what you don't sell and endorse. If Hellion's customer service is second to none, then they are tied with Jim at Turbo Horsepower. For years (and alot of different cars) I have always wanted to do a turbo setup but I was always worried about sending alot of money to some dude that was going to keep it and send me a box of rocks if I was lucky. Jim IS the only guy I have ever sent money to because he doesn't b.s. you on the phone and seems honest. I called him up about some flanges and piping because I don't like the sound of open wastegates in my convertible. No problem, parts on the way. I've sat by idle and not said much. Even when I had my Whipple, it was always...those parts are junk, noone runs that, that won't work, etc. Now it's the same thing. Those turbos are too big, too much lag, why not go with a Hellion, THP's numbers are inflated, I am on my knees for John Urist so why aren't you?, I'm tired of it. Give a guy an honest answer with facts not opinions and personal preference. You keep talking personal preference and you'll be trying to talk him into being queer. Next thing you know you'll be PARTNERS and will be adopting children. Stick to the facts. If you don't know what the facts are, don't reply and add your preferences. The facts are that Hellions are in stock and are stainless. THP kits take 45-50 days and are mild steel but Jet Hot coated. By the way, the Jet Hot coated pipe inside and out keeps the underhood temperatures cooler than your stainless piping just so you know. That's another benefit. As I would tell someone, if you can't wait for a couple of months, go with the Hellion. If you can wait, THP is the way to go.

Now comes the fun. Now I'll be slandered by these guys with hours of time on their hands because they are little computer panzies that have nothing better to do because they don't have girlfriends or wives and if they do, they are doing the neighbor while your playing internet dyno here. I'll be called every name in the book, just remember though, talk to me when you are man enough to put down 1000 rwhp through an automatic and drive it daily with a/c and the top down to and from work...in the rain when it happens too. I'm confident in this setup enough to have pulled the motor out of my truck to rebuild it and drive my car EVERY day since it's the only other vehicle I have. Now I'll heare that THP kits won't make 1000 rwhp. Tell it to my trap speed...bitch.

Blown02

Established Member
eebj01 said:
I just came across this post. I think it's funny how trbovnm always jumps in to push the Hellion kits and then says that when you call around and ask questions, they are going to tell you what to buy and what is better based on what they want to sell you. Isn't trbovnm a Hellion dealer? EXACTLY. I have the THP twin kit and I can tell you that I have made more hp and torque through an automatic at any boost level than most of the Hellion cars. There are some out there I'm sure that have made more with better supporting parts. All I hear is that THP #'s are inflated because of this correction and that air and this humidity. Well, I know what mine made and what mile an hour it turned at the track. I know that my pump gas tune with a super rich a/f pulled a higher mile an hour than most Hellions on race fuel. I have been looking to go to Cecil County since April to shut up some Hellion guys that evidently know more than I do but someone (trbovnm) doesn't have a car that runs. Don't bad mouth other people's stuff because they bought what you don't sell and endorse. If Hellion's customer service is second to none, then they are tied with Jim at Turbo Horsepower. For years (and alot of different cars) I have always wanted to do a turbo setup but I was always worried about sending alot of money to some dude that was going to keep it and send me a box of rocks if I was lucky. Jim IS the only guy I have ever sent money to because he doesn't b.s. you on the phone and seems honest. I called him up about some flanges and piping because I don't like the sound of open wastegates in my convertible. No problem, parts on the way. I've sat by idle and not said much. Even when I had my Whipple, it was always...those parts are junk, noone runs that, that won't work, etc. Now it's the same thing. Those turbos are too big, too much lag, why not go with a Hellion, THP's numbers are inflated, I am on my knees for John Urist so why aren't you?, I'm tired of it. Give a guy an honest answer with facts not opinions and personal preference. You keep talking personal preference and you'll be trying to talk him into being queer. Next thing you know you'll be PARTNERS and will be adopting children. Stick to the facts. If you don't know what the facts are, don't reply and add your preferences. The facts are that Hellions are in stock and are stainless. THP kits take 45-50 days and are mild steel but Jet Hot coated. By the way, the Jet Hot coated pipe inside and out keeps the underhood temperatures cooler than your stainless piping just so you know. That's another benefit. As I would tell someone, if you can't wait for a couple of months, go with the Hellion. If you can wait, THP is the way to go.

Now comes the fun. Now I'll be slandered by these guys with hours of time on their hands because they are little computer panzies that have nothing better to do because they don't have girlfriends or wives and if they do, they are doing the neighbor while your playing internet dyno here. I'll be called every name in the book, just remember though, talk to me when you are man enough to put down 1000 rwhp through an automatic and drive it daily with a/c and the top down to and from work...in the rain when it happens too. I'm confident in this setup enough to have pulled the motor out of my truck to rebuild it and drive my car EVERY day since it's the only other vehicle I have. Now I'll heare that THP kits won't make 1000 rwhp. Tell it to my trap speed...bitch.
so whats ur trap speed?

eebj01

Established Member
turbo

My trap speed is plenty high but I'm still man enough that I don't make contact with the wall at Cecil County. That's something to be proud of. I can run on 18" wheels and not come close to the wall. Be a man.

Bullitt357

Established Member

HOLY LORD BATMAN!! Either this guy was held WAY TOO MUCH or WAY TOO LITTLE as a child.

Bullitt357

Established Member
eebj01 said:
My trap speed is plenty high but I'm still man enough that I don't make contact with the wall at Cecil County. That's something to be proud of. I can run on 18" wheels and not come close to the wall. Be a man.

This is too funny. Does this guy even have a Mustang? He won't even tell us his times. And hell, anyone can smack the wall. I kissed the concrete in a bone-stock 91 GT cause the guy in front of me laid down some fluid and it the lane was reopened w/out being prepped right. You need to relax and get laid buddy. Turn off the Star Trek and go get some tail tonight.

eebj01

Established Member
turbo

I just don't understand why people give their input but they really don't know what they are talking about. Every combo is different. I ran 21 psi on pump gas with my Whipple. Everyone bashed me. Turns out the car when 135 mph on drag radials. I drove it every day all summer long in 90+ heat. Everyone told me it would not survive. Now I hear 16-17 psi and 15 degrees of timing with a turbo. Guys, every combo is different. 67's too big? Well, if you knew that the air inlet temps were 78 degrees, you'd realize if you were a tuner and were tuning the combo, that the motor would need more timing because of the air inlet temps. I've played around with this setup at 22 psi on 93 octane. Straight 93. Nothing else. It'll break though right? 88 degree air inlet temp at 22 psi. Damn, that intercooler made in house at THP must be working well and the larger turbos are keeping the air temps down. What do you think happens when I go to 27 psi on race fuel? But it's junk. Can any of you internet racers see what I should make on your desktop dyno? lol

eebj01

Established Member
turbo

A Mustang? What's that? I have a Pacer. Do you even know what that is? I have to remember that I am dealing mostly with little snot nosed punks that are very wet behind the ears and evidently young, dumb, and full of cum. Dady buys their rides

TRBO VNM

josh, I never said the 3" isn't a restriction. that wasn't the point, I guess you didn't understand what I was trying to say. the point is that a lot of people think by putting a larger downpipe on the turbo it is magically going to make more power than it can really flow. you can make most all these kits more efficient and that is what the larger downpipe will do for the hellion and probably others like you and I have said, but you aren't going to make more than it can support. if it can support 900, that is what it will support. some people think it will and then give kits a bad wrap or post because they really don't understand. BTW the 76 is rated 950 at the crank with the Q trim, not sure about the S-trim. basically I was trying to say what you said..hahaha. a twin kit could make more power and peak power than a single, but it all depends on the size turbo's you go with because it may not. I am not here to talk about who makes the most power because someone else always will or will always be faster. I rather put out the info I know and make sure the person decides what is best for his application. So what if it isn't hellion, doesn't hurt my feelings.

eebj01, nice post. :lol: I am posting facts and info I am told from customers of some of the other kits. I am not here selling a kit by any means. I am not a vendor on here. I am tired of people who read one thread or two and form some opinion and the bad mouth a product. Instead, sit around a while and read for a few months and then draw an acurrate assessment that meets your needs and goals for your car. and the other guy I was talking about, I told him to call HP first and try to get it worked out. I have never said anything about THP and inflated numbers or anything. the only thing I have said negative is postbans issue and I go on to say they apparently found out it was a Kmember issue. that and you have to cut the car, which some are against, so they should know that. I know about the coated piping already, but thanks for the info. I opted to have mine done. do you know anything about my car? do you know the state it was in when I got it? Know your facts before you start talking crap about someone else. you obviously have an issue with me, but I could care less. I also don't need to travel to Cecil since I am 6 miles from MIR. I went there once because of Super Stallions last yr that got rained out.

who cares how much your kit makes. you don't buy a kit based just on that. most people don't have their cars setup to use 1000+ rwhp. you apparently do with having the auto, so goodie for you. a lot of people don't want to go with an auto conversion on their terminator and so 1000+ is useless at the track because they won't have the drivetrain or suspension to support it an d really use it.

BTW, I do have a wife and I wasn't at the neighbors. I installed a couple clutches this weekend and starting on 2 other Hellion cars here on top of a regular full time job. wish I could play internet dyno, funny cause your whole post was about how much your big auto can make. I usually stay out of those threads and let the THP and HPP guys bicker back and forth.

why don't you just pm me your issues with me and we can work it out. hellion my number is public info, call me if you have a problem.

Last edited:

Bullitt357

Established Member
eebj01 said:
A Mustang? What's that? I have a Pacer. Do you even know what that is? I have to remember that I am dealing mostly with little snot nosed punks that are very wet behind the ears and evidently young, dumb, and full of cum. Dady buys their rides

I hope you were man enough to keep the 8-track in it. And do you have a Gremlin parked next to that beast? Obviously you have some family issues. I'm assuming your father wasn't around for you when you needed him the most. Perhaps you weren't given the "birds and the bees" speech and you were a late bloomer and that is why you have such hatred for today's youth. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you were indeed a "snot nosed punk" at one time, yes?

TRBO VNM

damn, I need to go ask daddy to buy me another part for my car that doesn't run....brb.

ok, back, yeah just checked, my cars are in my name, house in my name and yeah, I have check stubs from 2 jobs I work to support this addiction. damn, where did daddy go.

thanks for the jab on the wall..man, that is classy. just more you don't know and grasping for anything to try and bring someone down...hahaha

Almo

Established Member
eebj01 said:
I just don't understand why people give their input but they really don't know what they are talking about. Every combo is different. I ran 21 psi on pump gas with my Whipple. Everyone bashed me. Turns out the car when 135 mph on drag radials. I drove it every day all summer long in 90+ heat.

:lol:

You were asked about a MPH and you posted about your Whipple MPH (your previous combo)... this also following you bragging about having the turbo kit you did.

I would like to see your MPH with your THP kit since you make it out like it is god to other kits. Please enlighten us why don't you?

Or are you bench racing?

eebj01

Established Member
snot nosed punk

To be honest, I was never a snot nosed punk when it came to cars. Today, someone can do and say what they want from hundreds of miles away on the internet. When I first started with Mustangs, we were street racing Saturday nights. We didn't go and tell a guy his $10,000 combo is junk or that is wasn't well thought out. If you did, you got smacked in the mouth because you were there in person, not bench racing on the internet. Hey, I talked my share in good fun. I just wasn't belligerent about things. Trbovnm you will have a pm shortly.

TRBO VNM

eebj01 said:
When I first started with Mustangs, we were street racing Saturday nights. We didn't go and tell a guy his $10,000 combo is junk or that is wasn't well thought out. If you did, you got smacked in the mouth because you were there in person, not bench racing on the internet. Hey, I talked my share in good fun. I just wasn't belligerent about things. Trbovnm you will have a pm shortly.

same here and I still haven't called any of these kits junk. I can quote some others who have called them junk and including the hellion being called junk, but that is by people who have no clue. I don't bench race on the net. hell, I could care less about dyno numbers. your combo and driving ability is proven at the track and you can search any of my posts and that is all I have stood behind. go find some post of mine that I am arguing about dyno numbers or talking about it is all about dyno numbers...it isn't. plain and simple. so please don't put words in my mouth if you are directing that stuff at me.

look forward to your pm.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread