SCORE!!!!!!! My New (Literally) 1609 Original Mile 1992 Deep Emerald Green Mustang GT

YellowSVTCobra

Established Member
Congrats. That is my dream car. It has all the things you could want on a fox. 5 speed, right interior, color. Love it!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks good, but with the miles what can you do with it? Wipe it with a diaper every week and open the garage door?

+1. I would immediately swap in a coyote with a giant single turbo. Truth.

And the secrecy on the price is silly.... people ask "how much" because the hope of finding something similar one day and would like to know what its going to cost to pull the trigger... Really has nothing to do with you or your particular money situation.

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member
What's up with the brake lever, chrome shifter boot ring and the dash pad? I'm assuming the hoses were changed out? Something just doesn't feel right on the mileage here. Could be me just being crazy.

Still great example of a fox. But for the mileage I expected less "autozone" accessories.

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
Dang that thing is MINT!

Thanks

Cars like this always tear me up a little because it's such a beautiful car, but at the same time, it'll get its doors blown off by a 4 door Kia. I say mod the hell out of it!

This one will be put back to factory and stay factory. Nothing to prove outside of pedigree.

Nice find! I haven't seen a fox that clean since I bought my last one NEW in 1990.... Lol!

I envy the folks that could purchase them new. I was 5 in 1990 :)

Great to see that these cars are being preserved! Sell it to a museum!

Never

Looks good, but with the miles what can you do with it? Wipe it with a diaper every week and open the garage door?

I sort of agree with above.

It's an awesome find, and it'd be neat to have. But I wouldn't enjoy it. It's too nice of an older clean vintage-like piece to enjoy driving.

I do enjoy people like you exist to take care of these things though. In another 20-30 years the already low number of mint cars will continhe to drop and ones like yours will be amazing to see at shows.

Drive and enjoy the tightness and cleanliness. Life's too short to worry and not enjoy. I wouldn't have driven the car 300+ miles home to Phoenix if I didn't plan on enjoying the car - I would have trailered it. I put over 20% of its miles on it in that trip. The car will be enjoyed routinely and preserved. Just because I don't put 5000 miles a year on it doesn't mean a 500 mile or less a year car can't be enjoyed just as much.

Let the modding begin :coolman: That's what I would do. Nice find!

I wish I had the heart with this one.

Talk about "in the wrapper". Beautiful car Sir.

Thanks

Great find. I know of an original owner 95 gt with 56k miles. It is clean as hell. I think he wants 6k for it.

SN's just don't seem to get the same love. They have always been underappreciated, but I can tell you my 27k SN has a different level of refinement yet with the pushrod rawness. They are great cars.

Congrats. That is my dream car. It has all the things you could want on a fox. 5 speed, right interior, color. Love it!

Mine too, thanks!

Damn that's a nice fox

Thanks

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
What's up with the brake lever, chrome shifter boot ring and the dash pad? I'm assuming the hoses were changed out? Something just doesn't feel right on the mileage here. Could be me just being crazy.

Still great example of a fox. But for the mileage I expected less "autozone" accessories.

One look at the car in person and you can clearly see the mileage is accurate. The underside, powdercoating, bushings, paint marks, factory inspection stickers, everything is a clear sign. I can agree with you on the previous owner's taste not matching ours. That is why I'm returning the vehicle to stock. I have all the OEM hoses and parts. Some will have to be purchased from Ford tooling like the shifter bezel since holes were drilled. Most everything else can be put back with a simple swap of the parts I have

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member
One look at the car in person and you can clearly see the mileage is accurate. The underside, powdercoating, bushings, paint marks, factory inspection stickers, everything is a clear sign. I can agree with you on the previous owner's taste not matching ours. That is why I'm returning the vehicle to stock. I have all the OEM hoses and parts. Some will have to be purchased from Ford tooling like the shifter bezel since holes were drilled. Most everything else can be put back with a simple swap of the parts I have

Right on. Congrats!

Personally I like your angle on it. I'd go back to 100% stock. Maybe. Lol. Then again off road pipe and e cam was always one of my favorites sounds.

1BD9D7

Rollin down the road in..
Established Member
Amazing car, and I think you are treating it the right way. It would be silly to get this extremely low mile car that is 100% bone stock, a rare/perfect example of a fox, and then start modifying it now... I think this car is awesome but Im glad it's not mine - i would feel bad about putting miles on it.

RFM50

Established Member
So when are we swapping the 2nd raptor motor into this one? Haha j/k! Nice ride! Do you have a thing for green or what?

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
Right on. Congrats!

Personally I like your angle on it. I'd go back to 100% stock. Maybe. Lol. Then again off road pipe and e cam was always one of my favorites sounds.

Thanks

Amazing car, and I think you are treating it the right way. It would be silly to get this extremely low mile car that is 100% bone stock, a rare/perfect example of a fox, and then start modifying it now... I think this car is awesome but Im glad it's not mine - i would feel bad about putting miles on it.

I won't feel bad at all. Cars are meant to be driven. The multiple 93 Cobra R's with less than 100 miles make me sick.

So when are we swapping the 2nd raptor motor into this one? Haha j/k! Nice ride! Do you have a thing for green or what?

Haha. I'll probably do a Precision 7675 with that engine in something eventually with a 6R80 if anyone does a controller, or I'll keep it as a backup for my notch. Deep Emerald Green is my favorite color on a fox. The vert I stumbled on just happened to be green as well...lol Thanks bro

Are those the original 20 year old tires?

Yes sir!

How did you find the car?

Here of all places.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
enjoy it for 20 years. taking it shows and what not. keeping the miles ultra low. then toss it on mecum and all the guys that were in high school in the 90s will be drooling over it and pay big bucks for it.

that would qualify for collector car insurance. cost just a few hundy year for that car.

nice find :thumbsup:

Jtmaze

Great find. I am new to the world of ford and need a sunroof console bezel for an 00 csvt I picked up on a whim. Is there a company that has the molding rights to these older parts. I know a company out of Georgia has all the stamping dies for old jeeps, for example, I can call them and get a gas tank for a '58 Willis if need be. Is there someone like this for Ford. I have the OE part number and have spent hours searching the web and come up with nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
enjoy it for 20 years. taking it shows and what not. keeping the miles ultra low. then toss it on mecum and all the guys that were in high school in the 90s will be drooling over it and pay big bucks for it.

that would qualify for collector car insurance. cost just a few hundy year for that car.

nice find :thumbsup:

I will certainly enjoy it. Not sure on the sell part at any point in the near or distant future.....

Great find. I am new to the world of ford and need a sunroof console bezel for an 00 csvt I picked up on a whim. Is there a company that has the molding rights to these older parts. I know a company out of Georgia has all the stamping dies for old jeeps, for example, I can call them and get a gas tank for a '58 Willis if need be. Is there someone like this for Ford. I have the OE part number and have spent hours searching the web and come up with nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

Not sure man, sorry.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Sweet! I hope you're not gonna ruin this car with mods.

it's a mustang GT..

At what point is just leaving with low miles.. Seriously a waste of time?

I can't understand the vanity of a low mileage high production car.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
it's a mustang GT..

At what point is just leaving with low miles.. Seriously a waste of time?

I can't understand the vanity of a low mileage high production car.

I guess maybe you'd have to own a low mileage near "in the wrapper" car like this to really understand. Although I've never owned one, I can certainly appreciate how unique this Mustang is. There are tons of higher mileage, average mileage early '90s Mustang GTs out there, many in awesome condition. Many re-paint and re-stored. But to own a GT like this is, well, UNIQUE. Nobody else has one like it. Or maybe a mere handful. If I owned this car, I could easily just do car shows and enjoy the car for what it is. A treasured gem. I'd love all the attention the car got, as well as enjoying conversations about the car. JMO.

Matt, what an absolutely awesome find. I'm happy for you. Gorgeous! Get ready for a lot of conversations at car shows! :)

scott_0

Established Member
clean ass Fox. didnt know any existed that were unmolested

Users who are viewing this thread