SCORE!!!!!!! My New (Literally) 1609 Original Mile 1992 Deep Emerald Green Mustang GT

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Still can't get over how nice this car is. The body kit is nice and straight with all the paint intact, instead of all wavy, saggy and yellowed. I'd put all the stock parts back on it and the only time it would see the light of day would be at car shows.

@CompOrange04GT, yes there were tons of GTs from that era, but there are virtually none left in this condition. A car this condition sparks memories. I makes me remember when I wanted one so badly but was too broke to afford one. It reminds me of how much I admired them. It reminds me of youth. It reminds me of that era. There is a LOT of intangible value in that. That's why "all-original" classics go for big bucks. There's no limit to the value of nostalgia. I'd normally agree with you that if someone bought that same car back then (or a new one today) and never drove it would be silly. To find one of today's Mustang GTs 23 years from now in the same condition will be an equal gem of a find. You don't want to take a find like that and mile it up.

Now if only I could find a '91 GMC Syclone in such unmolested, low mileage condition...

03'Darin

Established Member
Beautiful car OP and awesome find!!

I ordered a car just like that new in 92' for a demo. That was the first year the deep emerald green was available. My sales manager said "you better love that car cause you're never gonna sell it!!" He thought that green was horrible looking. We sold the car in 10 days!

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
it's a mustang GT..

At what point is just leaving with low miles.. Seriously a waste of time?

I can't understand the vanity of a low mileage high production car.

Even though it was a high production car, so few are left in this condition. It would have cost 4 times the amount I paid to properly restore most 4-6k fox mustangs. The car will not sit in a bubble like it has, but will certainly continue to be preserved.

Nice. Congrats!

Thanks.

Good for you. Now weld those subframe connectors on!

Haha, they are wet noodles for sure

I guess maybe you'd have to own a low mileage near "in the wrapper" car like this to really understand. Although I've never owned one, I can certainly appreciate how unique this Mustang is. There are tons of higher mileage, average mileage early '90s Mustang GTs out there, many in awesome condition. Many re-paint and re-stored. But to own a GT like this is, well, UNIQUE. Nobody else has one like it. Or maybe a mere handful. If I owned this car, I could easily just do car shows and enjoy the car for what it is. A treasured gem. I'd love all the attention the car got, as well as enjoying conversations about the car. JMO.

Matt, what an absolutely awesome find. I'm happy for you. Gorgeous! Get ready for a lot of conversations at car shows! :)

Thanks Bob. Very well put. Thanks for the kind words

clean ass Fox. didnt know any existed that were unmolested

I really love that color combo. Nice find.

Thanks guys

Still can't get over how nice this car is. The body kit is nice and straight with all the paint intact, instead of all wavy, saggy and yellowed. I'd put all the stock parts back on it and the only time it would see the light of day would be at car shows.

@CompOrange04GT, yes there were tons of GTs from that era, but there are virtually none left in this condition. A car this condition sparks memories. I makes me remember when I wanted one so badly but was too broke to afford one. It reminds me of how much I admired them. It reminds me of youth. It reminds me of that era. There is a LOT of intangible value in that. That's why "all-original" classics go for big bucks. There's no limit to the value of nostalgia. I'd normally agree with you that if someone bought that same car back then (or a new one today) and never drove it would be silly. To find one of today's Mustang GTs 23 years from now in the same condition will be an equal gem of a find. You don't want to take a find like that and mile it up.

Now if only I could find a '91 GMC Syclone in such unmolested, low mileage condition...

AMEN!

Beautiful car OP and awesome find!!

I ordered a car just like that new in 92' for a demo. That was the first year the deep emerald green was available. My sales manager said "you better love that car cause you're never gonna sell it!!" He thought that green was horrible looking. We sold the car in 10 days!
Haha that's great!, I haven't met another person who hasn't complimented the color. It's great on a fox.

Congrats! Never seen one in this condition. Must be nice!

Sure is! Thanks Danny

whiplash306

Established Member
Wait, wait, wait.....Hey OP, I think I "might" have found something missing in the engine bay shot. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see the wiper motor cover. I could have sworn that in similar fashion to the starter solenoid cover, the wiper motor also had a black plastic cover. It's been some years since I've owned a low(er) mileage Fox, so I might be mistaken.

Either way, and in the sincerest way I can emphasize through the internet, you have found an absolutely AMAZING car! I would love the opportunity to even just sit in it for nostalgia's sake. Please, as you feel prompted, do post more pictures. :)

coposrv

Established Member
Staying stock with the low miles would be cool but even cooler would be putting a period correct old vortech a trim blower on it. Nothing you couldn't undo later. Just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread