Review: 99/01 Cobra & 03/04 Mach1 Accufab 60mm Throttlebody

04azuremach

Loud fast and fun
Established Member
Nazman said:
She runs like a stocker! Its all withing the tune.

Ill have the stock TB on the car, run one or 2 to base line, then Ill swap a "ported" TB from a good friend of mine (his TB) and then swap the Accufab.

So, it will be a good test. Severily modded or not, its a test.

I cant wait for the Accufab. The only thing that I was not too happy was the fact that after several email telling me that they delivered to APOs (US Postal Service First Class), I placed the order only to find out (via a call from me to them) that they dont ship USPS. So, I had to "back door it" by having a good friend of mine, purchase the TB, and mail it. It cost me the trip to my bank (one hour drive in Germany), 14 bucks to Express Mail him the Cashiers Check, and pay for double S&H (from Accufab to Seattle, to the APO [NY]).

Thanks God that my good old bud is squaring me away.

Why Accufab does not mails to APO? Its just USPS First Class, I had stuff mailied to me from Canada (WMS & SHM) via Canadian equivalent to the USPS with no problems. There are tons of buissnes to be have over here! Our web site alone has over 1000 members! 90% of them US Military! And they are ALL Gear heads!

Naz
Damn... wish I had went with the 11.3 CR I could have gotten. They advised me against it due to my engine builder milling the heads slightly (they had to be). I'm stuck with a wimpy 10.2 CR once my car is back :(

COBRABRAD

Established Member
I found my July 2002 MM&FF where they tested the elliptical accufab TB on a stock 01 Cobra. The peak gains were 3 HP and 5 TQ with better gains lower in the RPM band. The upper intake had to be modified to accept the elliptical TB. Two pictures were included of the upper intake, it looked like the porting was done by a group of monkeys while under the influence of LSD. I am certain that much greater gains would have been found if even the smallest effort had been given to the upper intake.

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
COBRABRAD said:
I found my July 2002 MM&FF where they tested the elliptical accufab TB on a stock 01 Cobra. The peak gains were 3 HP and 5 TQ with better gains lower in the RPM band. The upper intake had to be modified to accept the elliptical TB. Two pictures were included of the upper intake, it looked like the porting was done by a group of monkeys while under the influence of LSD. I am certain that much greater gains would have been found if even the smallest effort had been given to the upper intake.

What all was done to the car?

Mach0ne351

Established Member
birdman941 said:
Did you have the same issues I did with the BBK?
Throttle sticking, inlet hose too tight a fit, etc.
I also noticed that the throttle level [on the Accufab] where the cable hooks up is phenolic or something similar.
I bet that helps a lot with the throttle feeling smoother than the BBK.
The BBK being all metal, making it rough.

dude, the i had MAD issues with mine. at first it was:

-BAD idle
-no gas pedal play
-car dieing constainly....and never on load...just on idle.

then it became
-good idle, BUT sticky throttle like NO other. if you revved the car to 3000rpm, it would stay there. then if you give it more, it would stay at that new rpm.

what a POS!!!! the car never moved 1ft with the BBK unit.

marek

Last edited:

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
Just in case, I did a write up on the registry on the trials and tribulations of installing the BBK unit.
http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35470
I was pretty determined to make it work.
It is a POS though, but the car runs very well with it now.
Just filled up this morning and got over 20 city with it again.(over 21 actually)
310 miles, 14.5 gallons Shell primo.
Gotta love that.
Accufab as soon as I can, and compare.

blacksnake305

Established Member
Nazman said:
NP. Thanks to BlackSnake305 for sharing the info! :rockon:

Ill be happy with 5/5 but I hate to "call" numbers. We will see.......Ill also have a surprise dyno numbers with a little something :poke: :burn: !

The Slayer is coming out!!

And for what its worth, I thought i had major issues w/ my BBK 65 as well (idle/surging etc), but I finally figured out to adjust the idle set screw and ALL my BBK TB issues went away... And i realize the bbk is not pretty, but I GUARANTEE it flows way more air than ANY of you NA (and most blown) guys need... I got my BBK 65 for $300 shipped. I'm not sure the accufab is worth an extra 100 bones (unless BLING is the reason your buying)...

good luck

Nazman

Established Member
COBRABRAD said:
Nazman; what happened with the the dyno comparison?
Not one as of yet. Weather as extreamly crappy over here in Germany and I just got back from a business trip to Kosovo.

May be in a few days? Not sure.

Naz

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
Nazman said:
Not one as of yet. Weather as extreamly crappy over here in Germany and I just got back from a business trip to Kosovo.

May be in a few days? Not sure.

Naz

'Business trip'? Is that what they refer to them as now.

I'll be looking in the papers for 'unexplained deaths' in the region...

Users who are viewing this thread