Review: 99/01 Cobra & 03/04 Mach1 Accufab 60mm Throttlebody

Mach0ne351

Established Member
accufabTB.jpg

:thumbsup:

what a killer part. the install was cake, no issues once the car turned on. I dont see BBK ever selling another 99/01 Cobra TB ever again, cause this unit just rocks.

i felt a great increase in throttle response, and maybe a few extra ponies and torque in the low-to-mid range power.

IMO, I recommend this part to ANY 99+ 4V driver. (except the 03/04 cobra guys....they can get the singleblade TB instead ;))

marek

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
When I get the dough, I plan on getting ome to replace my BBK Dual 65 TB.
I will do a comparison.
Nice looking piece.

green99_svt

Established Member
which flows better the single blade or this. it looks like they did a fantastic job on the section betweeen the blades. i already run an external iac. so im not worried about the missing port. if flow is close to the same this would save me some cutting on my lid

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
does it make the throttle stick in any way. My BBK was ****ing horrible. Made me look like I couldnt drive. It would stick and it also made the gas peddle twice as hard as the clutch peddle.

Mach0ne351

Established Member
price: $390
better than BBK: by far!
throttle stick: NONE WHAT SO EVER. i did have a BBK 62mm before, and i sold it 1week after i got it. POS!!
single blade vs. this one: single blade doesnt work on 99/01 cobras and 03/04 mach1s
worth it for N/A: unlike what droptopsnake01 said, YES! i felt a BIG difference, and im N/A.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! they just released this puppies.

marek

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
Interesting . . . Looks like it might have some clearance issues w/ after market CAI though. My JLT barely fits w/ the stock tb.

I'd be interested in some dyno #s too.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
The piece looks really good. I don't know if the cost vs power gained will be all that great but it does look like a quality piece.

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
Nazman said:
Looks good.

I have in the mail as we speak. Will do a before/after dyno for some numbers.

Naz

I am sure you will see gains worth the $390.

As far as a bolt on cobra until I see a dyno sheet I will continue to say they are not worth it just like any other TB.

MachOne..get a dyno sheet.

Taz

Established Member
Torch10th said:
The piece looks really good. I don't know if the cost vs power gained will be all that great but it does look like a quality piece.

Throttle response may very well be much better, but I doubt there's a significant gain in power for an N/A car. Even F/I, there's no real gain until you're up around 450 HP.

On the other hand, it certainly doesn't HURT performance, AND it's fantastic eye candy for the engine bay. Accufab's parts are genuinely beautiful. I opted for the KB "Big Oval" TB, which is an Accufab part, when I ordered my blower kit, and it visually kicks ass! Worth every penny for the "Wow" factor alone.

T-

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread