Random Picture Thread

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I've gone sky diving a couple of times, but for some reason those pictures cause my stomach to knot up!
Never been but have friends that do and all say the same thing. It's so high your brain can't grasp it until the last few hundred feet. Plus a parachute.

Nope, rather eat a Tide pod.

Last edited:

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
I've been on the roof of the space needle. Great view, but will not be doing that again. And it's nothing like what these lunatics are doing.

einehund

Established Member
Skybox in Chicago is fun!
20220903_113853.jpg

JimCSHO

Established Member
Never been but have friends that do and all say the same thing. It's so high your brain can't grasp it until the last few hundred feet. Plus a parachute.

Nope, rather eat a Tide pod.
The only sense of falling is when your foot leaves the plane. And then like they said, the last 100 feet or so when the ground is coming up quickly you sense that you are "falling" a little

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Piebald Doe...not something ya see every day...this is the 3rd one ive seen in my 45 years

Very cool, I didnt see one last year but we've had some around our place in NC the last few years. We've usually seen at least one piebald doe with a yearling the last few years... Seems like we get an albino yearling every couple years too

We just havent been seeing deer like we used to after another round of blue tongue, now we have CWD coming to the area and people around us clear cut a bunch of land etc... I wish we were up there more to start and maintain food plots. Some developers from the Charlotte area bought a total of like 2k acres around us and they spend on up into the 5 figures on plots, corn, minerals etc...

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
What is a piebald doe. We ha e an albino where I live and I e see plenty in the past, but I've never heard of a piebald

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Had to Google it, first I've ever heard the term myself. Essentially pale sections but not full albino red eye. Had a pet that fell under the def.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I grew up in West Haven, CT. Savin Rock was an area in West Haven along Long Island Sound. It was most known for its Savin Rock Amusement Park. Our house was about a mile away. It was always packed in the summer months with local residents, kids, and visitors bused in from New York. There were lots of fun rides (nothing compared to today's amusement park offerings), good fast food (especially hot dogs, seafood and different varieties of flavored popcorn.

4470667373_9e2697ac5b_b.jpg

These two photo were of Jimmie's (hotdogs) in Savin Rock. Back in the mid'60s we'd all usually end up here after a date to munch on a hot dog, fries and maybe scallops. We'd park there for a couple of hours and walk around the lot to chat with friends. Good times!
a10f16814ae59200a13d710d91be3b8d.jpg

Scan%206.jpg

iu

Carousel ride! Most of the pieces are strewn across America as they were sold vs. being destroyed. The Park closed in 1966.
iu

The Wild Mouse ride!
iu

The Chute!
iu

The Virginia Wheel!
iu

Peter Frank's Fun House. I still remember the "oldness" smell on the inside. This was our favorite place to visit. There was a number of rides inside like a rotating barrel, potato sack slide, bouncing platforms and more. Fun times!
iu

On the other side of this fence was a 1/4 mile stock car track. There were races every Saturday night during the summer season. I could hear them racing from my bedroom window which was maybe a mile away.
iu

jessie_sanders

Established Member
I grew up in West Haven, CT. Savin Rock was an area in West Haven along Long Island Sound. It was most known for its Savin Rock Amusement Park. Our house was about a mile away. It was always packed in the summer months with local residents, kids, and visitors bused in from New York. There were lots of fun rides (nothing compared to today's amusement park offerings), good fast food (especially hot dogs, seafood and different varieties of flavored popcorn.

4470667373_9e2697ac5b_b.jpg

These two photo were of Jimmie's (hotdogs) in Savin Rock. Back in the mid'60s we'd all usually end up here after a date to munch on a hot dog, fries and maybe scallops. We'd park there for a couple of hours and walk around the lot to chat with friends. Good times!
a10f16814ae59200a13d710d91be3b8d.jpg

Scan%206.jpg

iu

Carousel ride! Most of the pieces are strewn across America as they were sold vs. being destroyed. The Park closed in 1966.
iu

The Wild Mouse ride!
iu

The Chute!
iu

The Virginia Wheel!
iu

Peter Frank's Fun House. I still remember the "oldness" smell on the inside. This was our favorite place to visit. There was a number of rides inside like a rotating barrel, potato sack slide, bouncing platforms and more. Fun times!
iu

On the other side of this fence was a 1/4 mile stock car track. There were races every Saturday night during the summer season. I could hear them racing from my bedroom window which was maybe a mile away.
iu
Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread