1676536587207.jpeg

1676536598696.jpeg

1676536612137.jpeg

1676536621065.jpeg

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
View attachment 1780716
2/3/1931 (l-r) Albert Einstein, Charley Chaplin, and Elsa Einstein (Albert's wife).

"According to the Nobel Prize post, it was said that "Charlie Chaplin was the only person in Hollywood Albert Einstein wanted to meet."

In 1931, Mr Einstein got the opportunity to meet the biggest name of the silent film era during the premiere of the film 'City Lights' in Los Angeles.
Albert Einstein, still a German citizen at the time, had been traveling in the United States, according to The Atlantic (online article listed below).

The world-famous physicist, who was at the height of his fame and had already won the Nobel, was introduced to Mr Chaplin at Universal Studios and later invited to the premiere of 'City Lights'.
As expected, the meeting between the two geniuses led to some scintillating conversation.

A memorable exchange from this conversation was shared by the Nobel Prize committee on Instagram:

"Einstein: 'What I most admire about your art, is your universality. You don't say a word, yet the world understands you!'

Chaplin: 'True. But your glory is even greater! The whole world admires you, even though they don't understand a word of what you say.'"

My mother in law grew up Princeton New Jersey as a little girl. She knew Einstein and saw him regularly. She was best friends with Oppenheimers daughter growing up, and the two of them would frequent the Institute for Advanced Studies during summer break. She also saw Einstein brain or half his brain in a jar after the autopsy. Our past Christmas dinner conversation revolved around her childhood memories to include Einstein and Oppenheimer. I wish I could remember all the interesting tales.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
My mother in law grew up Princeton New Jersey as a little girl. She knew Einstein and saw him regularly. She was best friends with Oppenheimers daughter growing up, and the two of them would frequent the Institute for Advanced Studies during summer break. She also saw Einstein brain or half his brain in a jar after the autopsy. Our past Christmas dinner conversation revolved around her childhood memories to include Einstein and Oppenheimer. I wish I could remember all the interesting tales.

Great stories, thanks so much! Share more and pics if you got 'em.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Kinda tough to see in the low light, but this is a Bobcat that was behind our house at 5:45 pm today. Sunset was at 5:40 pm.

This Bobcat was extremely quick when it did move. There's a heavy crust on the snow from all the rain we received a few days ago.
Rear legs were stout (last pic).

With binoculars I could make out the back of the ears which were black with white spots in the middle.

This Bobcat was very, very close to catching a Red Squirrel it was watching.

Bobcats are around here, just very elusive.

4F3B5AA4-3956-470E-AAD4-14BD781E8E28.jpeg

8C11DE96-3C81-4E4F-B935-C51E4507E2A7.jpeg
6898ABDC-ED6C-45A8-9D56-8F29198B9254.jpeg
44E9F0F6-0E54-4E3C-8235-29F20AF5F5D5.jpeg

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Great stories, thanks so much! Share more and pics if you got 'em.
One story that been told several times is my Inlaws Destiny relationship. As a young Harvard grad my father in-law had reason for being in Princeton. As he turned of the turnpike into Princeton, he describes seeing this beautiful young blonde riding down the main street on a horse. He just thought that was very odd and striking. 25 years pass and they meet. My MIL being divorced and my FIL on rocky ground in his marriage, they share conversation. FIL starts off with typical where did you grow up conversation and the MIL responded Princeton. FIL shares his story about seeing this beautiful young woman on horse back riding down the main street. Turns out it was my MIL in her teens exercising one of Oppenheimers horses. They've been married for almost 25 years now.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@ 8 or 9pm the message would come up, "do you know where your children are?"

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I do remember that when our kids were young.

One story that been told several times is my Inlaws Destiny relationship. As a young Harvard grad my father in-law had reason for being in Princeton. As he turned of the turnpike into Princeton, he describes seeing this beautiful young blonde riding down the main street on a horse. He just thought that was very odd and striking. 25 years pass and they meet. My MIL being divorced and my FIL on rocky ground in his marriage, they share conversation. FIL starts off with typical where did you grow up conversation and the MIL responded Princeton. FIL shares his story about seeing this beautiful young woman on horse back riding down the main street. Turns out it was my MIL in her teens exercising one of Oppenheimers horses. They've been married for almost 25 years now.
What a cool story! Wow!

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Kinda tough to see in the low light, but this is a Bobcat that was behind our house at 5:45 pm today. Sunset was at 5:40 pm.

This Bobcat was extremely quick when it did move. There's a heavy crust on the snow from all the rain we received a few days ago.

With binoculars I could make out the back of the ears which were black with white spots in the middle.

View attachment 1781245
View attachment 1781247View attachment 1781248View attachment 1781249
Thats a good sized cat! Nice winter coat too

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member

View attachment 1781245
View attachment 1781247View attachment 1781248View attachment 1781249

Can’t confirm it but I think we heard a bobcat getting angry with a racoon on/near our property a few years ago.

The racoon sound was recognizable, but whatever he was screwing with was a disturbing sound. Went on for about 5-10 minutes. Used the interwebz the next day and the bobcat scream was the only thing close we could find.

Super cool you have pictures of one like that.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's a cool underwater pic. Apparently a fish was thrown into the water and the jaguar dove into the water to snag it. I thought at first maybe it was a piece of meat or a jellyfish. Nope, a fish tossed, THOSE CLAWS!

Users who are viewing this thread