ProCharger Kit Questions

maraudernkc

Procharger Kit #0
Established Member
Chuck, Cedar Falls, IA is aprox. 600 miles round trip. I just Installed two Procharger kits and I went to the lake for a vacation.That is why I was not in Ceadar Falls. I am sure you know how it is about installing supercharger kits and needing a break sometimes.

You are right about me not having a timeslip. I had one and could not find it only to find out that my cat coughfed up my timeslip/hairball.

I will get back to you when I get back to the track later this Month and post my timeslip.

Level playing field: Chuck, mufflers have no HP gain. You have 3:55 gears but the Trilogy car has so much low end TQ. Are you saying you would have to have 4:10 gears to beat a Procharger car with 4:10 gears.

tallboy said:
Says the man without a timeslip.

Who didn't show at Cedar Falls.

Thanks for saying that I did not lie on purpose.

You can remember my car was at the detail shop, yet you cannot remember your first customer's best E.T.?

And no, I don't think you lied on purpose.

The car in question has 4:10 gears and flowmasters. I have 3:55 gears and a stock exhaust. Doesn't sound like a level playing field to me.

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
maraudernkc said:
Chuck, Cedar Falls, IA is aprox. 600 miles round trip. I just Installed two Procharger kits and I went to the lake for a vacation.That is why I was not in Ceadar Falls. I am sure you know how it is about installing supercharger kits and needing a break sometimes.

You are right about me not having a timeslip. I had one and could not find it only to find out that my cat coughfed up my timeslip/hairball.

I will get back to you when I get back to the track later this Month and post my timeslip.

Level playing field: Chuck, mufflers have no HP gain. You have 3:55 gears but the Trilogy car has so much low end TQ. Are you saying you would have to have 4:10 gears to beat a Procharger car with 4:10 gears.

Yes, I do know about installing kits. I have yet to tire of it though! Although, pretty much all I do is hand wrenches to carfixer and drink his beer, but, hey-the beer isn't going to drink itself!

I'll be very interested to see what times you run and I hope for the best. It sounds like you should have a low 12 second car that will run with the "big boys".

As far as the mods thing goes, I have a pretty narrow [unpopular] view. I like to see two car with the exact same mods run each other. This way there are no built in "excuses"..."I would have beaten you, but you have gears and I don't..."Without that torque converter, you'd be a sitting duck"...etc.

I give you credit, though. Instead of "the dog ate my homework", you've come up with "my cat ate my timeslip"!!!

J/K :lol:

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
tallboy said:
all I do is hand wrenches to carfixer and drink his beer, but, hey-the beer isn't going to drink itself!

A truer statement I have never heard!

I must say that I have spoken to Greg several times on the phone and went through the entire supercharger ordeal with him every step of the way. I know he is one of the most honest people I have met, and a real nice guy too!

It can be tough coming on these boards and posting when people out there in the void will disect every word you type. Couple in our natural instinct toward brand loyalty and this is what ensues.

To that I can say at least Greg has the balls as a Vendor to keep coming on and posting himself under his own name stating his own opinions. He does not hide behind false screen names or only post when he is not being trashed like another vendor I know.

Greg is a human being like the rest of us, no smarter or dumber, so if it is necessary to question the facts of someone it should be done tactfully.

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
tallboy said:
I was there. The fastest E.T. turned was 13.3 NOT 13.1 as you posted.

The car in question also had a modified exhaust system.

Chuck, the only thing I had for a modified exhaust system that night were Flowmaster Delta 50's which I later gave to King Fubar. I didn't do the complete exhaust system and Stallion until a few weeks ago at DR's. You are right it was a 13.3 at 106. But you were well aware of the track conditions, they were terrible. The car was smoking the tires the entire 60' with a 2.2. On a nice cool night, I am confident that the car would have been in the 12's the way the car was then. Things have changed radically since then with mods and tuning. But the track is the real answer to all of this conversation.

We all love our supercharged cars. I come on here and still see the mine-is-better than yours thing going on. John was excited and should be. Sometimes excitment and supercharger loyalty runs amuck. We all feel that way and you all know it. Us Procharger guys are the little guys and for our own personal reasons. If any of you have a grudge, go to the track. They call it grudge racing. I am sure we would have some serious fun.

I would love for all of us to get together and meet at the Southern Super Heavy Weight Shootout and smoke some Chevys. I am going and my car will be ready, tuned and with traction. My goal, is not to prove anything to any S/C Marauder, but rather to the SS Impala's, blown or otherwize. Mac and I are working on a rear wheel tire combination for the track which will give us serious traction. Right now that is what I seriously require. Rolling along the streets around 40-50 mph is another thing. But like everything, time will tell as will the time slips. Mine will be posted when I get the car where I want it.

Glad your having fun with your car John and everyone else. :beer:

Tom, Cape Coral, Florida

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
maraudernkc said:
BillyGman, I think what John meant about his 60 foot time is that if he adds his 3000 stall and drag radials or slicks, that he will have a real nice 60 foot time. Alot better than the 2.0 he got on stock tires and no converter.

Billy, there is no doubt that you have proven your 60 foot times but they did not get there on the first Day or Week.

He is excited as I am sure you were when you got your blower.

Give John a chance to prove his 60 foot time as he gets the feel of his new mod and more mods to come for the track.

Billy, what is your best 60 foot time on the track with no slicks and no Stall converter?
Wrong Greg. The first run I made after installing my Trilogy supercharger I ran a 12.4 ET with a 1.8 sec 60' time, only because I didn't take the air pressure in the tires low enough. And then the second and third runs which were also on that same first day of racing at the track after the supercharger installation, I ran two back to back 12.2 ET's, and both of them included a 1.6 second 60' time. yes, I already had drag radials, and a 3,000 RPM stall speed, since I did those modifications previously, but either way, John was the one who came on here making claims that he hasn't proven, nor he himself knows are true since he has yet to run a better trap speed than 108 MPH, or a better ET than 12.9 seconds. therefore he has yet to "Kick Butt" like he has claimed his car can do. You're making me out to be the agressor here, but it was John who was making false claims that haven't been proven yet. Not me.

MikesMerc

Established Member
It has already been documented several times over that a bone stock Marauder with nothing other than the Trilogy kit has hit the 12s. This is fact and at least 3 cars have done it...repeatably. And it happened long before anyone even conceived of the Procharger kit. Look up the threads on MM.net. Its all there.

So, how many BONE STOCK Marauders with the Procharger kit have hit the 12s?

The times posted thus far by Procharger owners show them barely squeeking into the 12s, or slower, for MODIFIED (gears and/or exhaust mods) Marauders with a Procharger kit. So the trend is clear.

Now I'm more than willing to give kudos where its due, but claims like "you did not bring your car down because your car would have saw the Procharger license frame on the back of Tom's car" is just BS :rollseyes

Fact of the matter is that I am going out of my way to to say good things about the Procharger and look for the positives in it. I do see a ton of potential there. I really do. But, going off about how your kit is kicking butt is a bit over baked don't ya think? When the Procharger guys running other mods are turning the same times as a Trilogy car that is otherwise stock, I think you should hold your water about being faster than anything else until you've shown something otherwise.

When I see a bone stock Procharger car run in the 12s then I'll be impressed.

BTW, I should add that I think tmac is the one with the positive attitude here. I agree with just about everything he has said. My hats off to this outstanding approach to this debate :beer: Different strokes for different folks and all that!

I think FIT would be better served by saying things like "we're off to a great start and things are looking VERY promising" rather than "we're kicking butt." Cause getting into the latter is only gonna bring out the flamethrowers!

Last edited:

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
MarauderTJA said:
Chuck, the only thing I had for a modified exhaust system that night were Flowmaster Delta 50's which I later gave to King Fubar. I didn't do the complete exhaust system and Stallion until a few weeks ago at DR's. You are right it was a 13.3 at 106. But you were well aware of the track conditions, they were terrible.

This is exactly what I have posted. Terrible track conditions. I posted your car had 4:10 gears and a modified exhaust system. I wasn't sure exactly what you had done to it, but I knew it was something. I remember being envious of your exhaust note that night. I never posted inaccurate information. [At least I try not to.] :beer:

maraudernkc

Procharger Kit #0
Established Member
Wrong Billy. John did have a trap speed greater than 108MPH he had one run that was a [email protected]

I know your a timeslip person. You can see for yourself at the below link.

john.frieltek.com

Billy, John had just made arun at 7:59 pm and came back and ran his 12.93 at 8:03 pm. His car was hot and still ran a 12.93.

Air to Air who would of thunk it! :shrug:

BillyGman said:
Wrong Greg. The first run I made after installing my Trilogy supercharger I ran a 12.4 ET with a 1.8 sec 60' time, only because I didn't take the air pressure in the tires low enough. And then the second and third runs which were also on that same first day of racing at the track after the supercharger installation, I ran two back to back 12.2 ET's, and both of them included a 1.6 second 60' time. yes, I already had drag radials, and a 3,000 RPM stall speed, since I did those modifications previously, but either way, John was the one who came on here making claims that he hasn't proven, nor he himself knows are true since he has yet to run a better trap speed than 108 MPH, or a better ET than 12.9 seconds. therefore he has yet to "Kick Butt" like he has claimed his car can do. You're making me out to be the agressor here, but it was John who was making false claims that haven't been proven yet. Not me.

Last edited:

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
MikesMerc said:
Now I'm more than willing to give kudos where its due, but claims like "you did not bring your car down because your car would have saw the Procharger license frame on the back of Tom's car" is just BS :rollseyes

Easy Mike. Greg was a little upset at being called a liar obviously. What did everyone expect would happen, regardless of who did what.

A lot of allegations go flying round and round. I just look at what is under my hood and realize after all is said and done the Procharger kit is a good kit. None of the vendors are allegation free!

People should not be upset with a little feather ruffling.

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
maraudernkc said:
Wrong Billy. John did have a trap speed greater than 108MPH he had one run that was a [email protected]

I know your a timeslip person. You can see for yourself at the below link.

john.frieltek.com
108MPH, or 109 MPH, big deal. There are several Trilogy cars running 114+ MPH including my car with 4.56 gears, so obviously John's statement about his car Kicking a Trilogy car's BUTT "on the top end" isn't factual at all. Is it?

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
maraudernkc said:
John did have a trap speed greater than 108MPH he had one run that was a [email protected]
john.frieltek.com

We all know some of the cars just by being a little different during production are faster than other cars. It is only natural that some of the stock Trilogy's will be in the high 12's as well. Put 60 Procharger blowers on 60 Marauders and we would all see the same results. These kits are right in the same ball park.

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
tallboy said:
This is exactly what I have posted. Terrible track conditions. I posted your car had 4:10 gears and a modified exhaust system. I wasn't sure exactly what you had done to it, but I knew it was something. I remember being envious of your exhaust note that night. I never posted inaccurate information. [At least I try not to.] :beer:

That's cool. I never noticed that you have posted inaccurate information. If you did, I would have responded. Track conditions, temperatiure along with traction are consistant variables. My Procharger Mustang can run mid 11's all day long. With bad track conditions I am lucky to make low 12's.

There is no doubt in my mind that with the right conditions a bone stock Procharger Marauder would run as good as a bone stock Triology car. Maybe not of out the hole, but what counts is tripping the lights at the end of the 1320. The problem, we Procharger guys are presently few. Sooner or later someone will have a Procharger kit in a stock Marauder, have a nice cool day, good track conditions and post low 13's or high 12's. But we will just have to wait and see. So beating on Procharger cars is mute. Give us a chance T'guys. Cool days occur much more often in MI, MN and in New England for good track conditions than here in Florida.

Chuck, what time of year, temperature and conditions were there when you ran 13's with your car? I am sure it wasn't like the night I ran my car at Bradenton when you were there.

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
TooManyFords said:
my ProCharger will come out of the hole as fast as a Trilogy and kick it's ass on the top end.
John
The above quote that includes false claims are for you guys who have jumped in this thread, who obviously have failed to read this whole thread.

MikesMerc

Established Member
tmac1337 said:
Easy Mike. Greg was a little upset at being called a liar obviously. What did everyone expect would happen, regardless of who did what.

I know, I know.

To be honest, the Procharger kit is obviously doing quite a good job. With right gears and higher stall TC, I really do see these kits running just as fast as the Trilogy guys. I just think it needs to be made clear that the Procharger kit really needs these mods to reach killer times. Not that that is a bad thing. Like I said, its the whole set up that counts.

I think it would be best to call it draw and let it go. Let's just have some good clean fun at the track and go from there:D

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
MikesMerc said:
With right gears and higher stall TC, I really do see these kits running just as fast as the Trilogy guys. I just think it needs to be made clear that the Procharger kit really needs these mods to reach killer times.

Uh No, I respectfully disagree with you on this.

MikesMerc

Established Member
tmac1337 said:
We all know some of the cars just by being a little different during production are faster than other cars. It is only natural that some of the stock Trilogy's will be in the high 12's as well. Put 60 Procharger blowers on 60 Marauders and we would all see the same results.

I dunno perhaps. It took gears and exhaust to get John into the 12s. Those are some fairly serious mods. I'm not sure if production variation can cover that much ground.

tmac1337 said:
These kits are right in the same ball park.

This I agree with. I just think the FIT kit needs a TC to get the results closer. Again, not that that is bad in any way at all.

Last edited:

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
BillyGman said:
108MPH, or 109 MPH, big deal. There are several Trilogy cars running 114+ MPH including my car with 4.56 gears, so obviously John's statement about his car Kicking a Trilogy car's BUTT "on the top end" isn't factual at all. Is it?

Come on Billy. There are more than 80 Triology cars out there. I would certainly expect that motor heads like yourself would get some great et's and high mph as would other guys. You should be reading through the lines here and not get so upset. Emotions tend to get the better of us. :poke: I try to stay somewhat distant to this stuff instead of being confrontational. But then again, in this forum I guess we can. Gotta love it... :lol:

MikesMerc

Established Member
tmac1337 said:
Uh No, I respectfully disagree with you on this.

I respect your opposing position, but I don't see how you can ignore the facts in front of us. Like I said above, it took 4.30 gears and full on exhaust work to get John into the 12s. Production variances cannot account for that much performance difference.

I will give you this....perhaps with batter traction alone John's car is more like a mid 12 second car. If that pan's out, than the kits might indeed be as close as you are saying.

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
MarauderTJA said:
Chuck, what time of year, temperature and conditions were there when you ran 13's with your car? I am sure it wasn't like the night I ran my car at Bradenton when you were there.

My car has turned 13.1 on three different nights with three different drivers under varying track conditions. Remember-I do not adjust tire pressure and run 3/4 of a tank of Amoco gas.

I don't recall my track conditions ever being as bad as yours were that night. I expect your car at that time would have been at least as fast, if not faster, than mine.

Now, with the other mods and tune you have, I'll be getting a good look at that Procharger plate frame, I suppose... ;-)

maraudernkc

Procharger Kit #0
Established Member
Mike, now where did I say anything about kicking butt? I know if i did your going to find it and bitch slap me with it. :bash:

Since Tmac is doing so well on this forum can you talk to Logan about reinstating him?

Mike, there have been no bone stock Procharger/Marauders hit the 12's because every car we have done so far has already had at least gears.

Tom's car down in Florida ran a 13.3 with gears and mufflers and that was with 99% humidity and dew on the track. He would of run in the 12's if the track condition was not so bad. Cuda shuda mighta but Tallboy and Carfixer were there and I think they know that these cars perform.

I am really just tired about hearing how our Marauders are too heavy for a centrifical Blower and you have to have a stall converter for them to run worth a darn and that is not true.

I do think F.I.T. is off to a great start.

Until next time! :)

MikesMerc said:
It has already been documented several times over that a bone stock Marauder with nothing other than the Trilogy kit has hit the 12s. This is fact and at least 3 cars have done it...repeatably. And it happened long before anyone even conceived of the Procharger kit. Look up the threads on MM.net. Its all there.

So, how many BONE STOCK Marauders with the Procharger kit have hit the 12s?

The times posted thus far by Procharger owners show them barely squeeking into the 12s, or slower, for MODIFIED (gears and/or exhaust mods) Marauders with a Procharger kit. So the trend is clear.

Fact of the matter is that I am going out of my way to to say good things about the Procharger and look for the positives in it. I do see a ton of potential there. I really do. But, going off about how your kit is kicking butt is a bit over baked don't ya think? When the Procharger guys running other mods are turning the same times as a Trilogy car that is otherwise stock, I think you should hold your water about being faster than anything else until you've shown something otherwise.

When I see a bone stock Procharger car run in the 12s then I'll be impressed.

BTW, I should add that I think tmac is the one with the positive attitude here. I agree with just about everything he has said. My hats off to this outstanding approach to this debate :beer: Different strokes for different folks and all that!

I think FIT would be better served by saying things like "we're off to a great start and things are looking VERY promising" rather than "we're kicking butt." Cause getting into the latter is only gonna bring out the flamethrowers!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread