ProCharger Kit Questions

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
TooManyFords said:
I tried 24 pounds as that gave me the best grab last season. And as you have so eloquently put it, they go up in smoke without trying to massage it. I too had that problem all night long.

So try as hard as the Trilogy guys will to show they can do better stock, I just don't believe it. Had I had enough time at the track, I probably could have done better. So, until we can have a true matchup as I've described, neither side has a leg to stand on. :)

Which is really the TRUE point of all this. You Trilogy boys need to stop making it seem like there is some "secret handshake" club going on... We can all go fast with the right mods. No one better than the other. I just wish you guys would see this too. :rollseyes

Cheers!

John

Don't believe a Trilogy is better stock? Find a Marauder with only a centrifugal blower and no other mods. None. I can't. Can you? If you do, ask him what he runs in the 1320.

"Secret handshake"? Hardly. It is you who compared your kit to ours, not vice-versa. It seems that everyone compares their performance and times to the Trilogy cars. I wonder why that is?

And yes, we are all still friends.

TooManyFords

carpe noctum.
Established Member
BillyGman said:
Yeah, I know someone else started it, but you also came back with some false and inflated claims. Peace my friend.

Since we're being totally friendly about this, I was only backing up what Five-O said and just 'confirmed' it. If I was mistaken it was only because Mark made an incorrect statement and I apologize.

Peace.

John

:pop:

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
TooManyFords said:
I knew there was a part of Mark's post that I wanted to bring up and Tmac you reminded me.

Let's take an informal poll here:

Q: How many seconds (or tenths or hundredths) does your engine stay in the 2500-3000 rpm range throughout the 1320 run?

1. 0.0 seconds : I have a 3000 stall converter!
2. .01 - .5 seconds: I am S/C but am all stock and never heard of power braking
3. 0.5- more : what is a S/C and why would I want to floor it?

So, my point is that while some would like everyone to think that below 3000 is the name of the game, nobody stays there for more than a fraction of a second during the entire run. It gets old and the argument just doesn't hold water. Go ahead, prove me wrong.

Again, I am making this point because we need to stop throwing these kinds of misdirection around like it is gospel. Yeah, ya got more torque in the Supermarket parking lot while looking for a space, but so what?

We just need to get along and stop throwing out meaningless facts out of context.

Still friends everyone?

Good.

John

How about another poll?

What percentage of the time do you drive your car on the track, and what percentage of the time are you on the street? Drive your car every day? Stop-and-go traffic? It's a good thing you've got all that power above 4000 rpm, huh?

Stop throwing out meaningless facts? You first.

And, since you don't stay in the 2500-3000 rpm range for more than a fraction of a second, you won't be buying a converter, will you? I wonder why so many other centrifugal cars have this mod. Maybe you should set them straight, John. ;-)

TooManyFords

carpe noctum.
Established Member
What percentage of the time do you drive your car on the track, and what percentage of the time are you on the street? Drive your car every day? Stop-and-go traffic? It's a good thing you've got all that power above 4000 rpm, huh?

Whew! For a minute there I thought for sure we weren't going to agree on anything! Yes, it's a wonderful thing! :thumbsup:

Stop throwing out meaningless facts? You first.
I have always encouraged others to point out anything that I post that is not factual. As long as we keep it sociable I don't mind being proved wrong. So, where was I wrong?

And, since you don't stay in the 2500-3000 rpm range for more than a fraction of a second, you won't be buying a converter, will you? I wonder why so many other centrifugal cars have this mod. Maybe you should set them straight, John.
I think you might have missed my post on MM. I want the converter so I can be sure I don't have any lag off the line. But I also said in that thread that I really didn't need it and would have been happy with what I already had. If you cannot find that thread, let me know and I'll PM you a link to it. :)

As to why others have the higher stall converters, you would have to ask them (in a non-threatening way or via a Poll). I wonder what the others on SVT would have to say about all this. We have others reading this thread besides marauder owners and I would encourage their thoughts or feelings on this topic. We all might learn something!

Cheers!

John

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
TooManyFords said:
mrogerc,

Just so we're all clear on this, and backing up what Mark said ^^^; for about $300 less than the cost of a Trilogy kit, my ProCharger will come out of the hole as fast as a Trilogy and kick it's ass on the top end. John
This^ is where you began with inflated claims that just aren't factual. They cannot be with your 60' times that are over 2 seconds, and your trap speed that's only 108 MPH. I don't know how else I can explain it to you.

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
I never said you were wrong, John. I guess what's important to each of us is different from time-to-time, that's all. I mean no ill-will. I know you like you car, and I like mine. I hope to be able to buy you a beverage of your choosing at MVIII. :beer:

maraudernkc

Procharger Kit #0
Established Member
BillyGman, I think what John meant about his 60 foot time is that if he adds his 3000 stall and drag radials or slicks, that he will have a real nice 60 foot time. Alot better than the 2.0 he got on stock tires and no converter.

Billy, there is no doubt that you have proven your 60 foot times but they did not get there on the first Day or Week.

He is excited as I am sure you were when you got your blower.

Give John a chance to prove his 60 foot time as he gets the feel of his new mod and more mods to come for the track.

Billy, what is your best 60 foot time on the track with no slicks and no Stall converter?
BillyGman said:
But I did. :D

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
tallboy said:
I was there. The fastest E.T. turned was 13.3 NOT 13.1 as you posted.

The car in question also had a modified exhaust system.

Chuck is right, the best time that night was 13.3 with only the mufflers changed out to Flowmasters I believe, the rest of the exhaust was not touched. Tom just put on his performance exhaust a couple of weeks back. On a good night that car should have run in the high 12's.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
I do not know what everyone else's experiences have been driving their cars on the street, but I have not had one person come up to me at a stop light from a dead stop and want to race. That does not mean it does not happen and someday it most likely will. I cannot count how many times now prospective vehicles have come up along beside me on the highway or a street already in motion and want to race for a short distance. To which I have made quick meals out of each one, including Vettes.

I like my power right where it is now. The stall converter is icing on the cake for me as I had it first anyway. I'll use that icing at a stop light someday.

I hope you guys have the opportunity to drive a Procharger car in the future to get an idea how John's car functions performance wise. It is a different feel from a roots type blower. It is my opinion that I like my blower better, and it looks like John has the same opinion. So what? You guys like your Trilogy cars just as much.

I'm not big on going to the track John, but perhaps some of these guys can give you some good tips on how to improve your times and assist you in have a low 12 second or high 11 car.

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
tmac1337 said:
Chuck is right, the best time that night was 13.3 with only the mufflers changed out to Flowmasters I believe, the rest of the exhaust was not touched. Tom just put on his performance exhaust a couple of weeks back. On a good night that car should have run in the high 12's.

THERE! YA SEE?

A Tilogy guy and a Procharger guy AGREEING.

You're right, Tim. That night was not a good night for anyone to get a timeslip. Track conditions sucked, very humid out. It actually got foggy toward the end of the night. That is why I never said a word about it, I did not feel that was an accurate reflection of what the car in question was capable of. Instead of running home and posting crappy times run by another brand of supercharger, I kept quiet.

And I would have continued to do so, had Greg not lied in his previous post, which he knows is inaccurate and has yet to correct.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
tallboy said:
And I would have continued to do so, had Greg not lied in his previous post, which he knows is inaccurate and has yet to correct.

Chuck, thinking Greg lied in his post is a little harsh.

Wrong...Yes. Confused...Yes. Should be corrected...Yes.

Greg knows you were present at the track that night with Carfixer. The only reason I even remembered that it was 13.3 was because I know that your car runs consistent 13.1's with a reliable kit.

I actually am enjoying this debate that has been going on. It is like Deja Vue, only with a different owner. It is nice to see that there is now 2 reliable kits available for the Marauder that deliver similar times at the track. Take your pick, Procharger or Trilogy, as owners we all win in this situation.

You guys may take issue with me saying my kit is reliable as it is new on the block, but I know that it purrs like a kitten and roars like a lion with no problems so far.

These guys getting Blowers should be congratulated by everyone for taking the extra step. BillyG was right all along in that the big power production can only be achieved by a blower so take care in how much money is spent on other mods before hand to be sure they are worth it.

I still maintain that a stall converter is a good mod for any car. If Trilogy owners say that one is not needed for a Trilogy car, I believe them, but can it also be said that having one is an additional enhancement? I think for $700.00 a stall converter is a good mod for any car considering the benefits. And yes the benefits are more significant for a centrifugal car.

Nothing wrong with a little healthy debate though! It is nice to see John as another new owner add some insight into our supercharger discussions.

Since you and Carfixer know a lot more about track stuff than I do, I look forward to learning some tips from you both at Bradenton next winter.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
tallboy said:
You're right, Tim. That night was not a good night for anyone to get a timeslip. Track conditions sucked, very humid out. It actually got foggy toward the end of the night. That is why I never said a word about it, I did not feel that was an accurate reflection of what the car in question was capable of. Instead of running home and posting crappy times run by another brand of supercharger, I kept quiet.

And yes Chuck, I did note that you kept that night quiet on the boards.....as only a true southern gentleman would!

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
tmac1337 said:
Chuck, thinking Greg lied in his post is a little harsh.

Wrong...Yes. Confused...Yes. Should be corrected...Yes.

Tim I thought long and hard before I used those words, which I do not use lightly. My thinking is this-until a few days ago, he had exactly ONE customer who had taken their car to a track. He knows damn well what that customer's best E.T. was. You can't be confused as to who ran what when only one Procharger guy at the time had a timeslip.

Plus, after I posted the truth, he did not step in and apologize for misleading people or correct his post. He has since posted in this thread, ignoring the true numbers.

I have supported both of you guys throughout the development and fruition of this kit. But, the more I look, the more I keep seeing lies, half-truths, and misleading posts. Greg is not just a customer [like you and me], he's the owner of the company and a supporting vendor on mm.net. His ducks should be in a row.

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
tmac1337 said:
And yes Chuck, I did note that you kept that night quiet on the boards.....as only a true southern gentleman would!

Southern gentelman? I am truly flattered.

Now, the bad news...

Underneath the "aw shucks" attitude brought on by living in south Florida for 15 years, beats the heart of a Connecticut Yankee. :eek:

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
tallboy said:
Plus, after I posted the truth, he did not step in and apologize for misleading people or correct his post. He has since posted in this thread, ignoring the true numbers.

Well, all I can say is that I am interested to see his response also when you word it like that.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
maraudernkc said:
MikesMerc, We had a Procharger car run a 13.1 down in Florida that was bone stock except for 4:10 Gears. It was a bad night with almost 100% humidity and dew on the track. I was told that guys were running 1/2 second off because of the conditions. I beleive Tallboy and Carfixer were there.

So a Procharger/Marauder will run in the high 12's with only gears.

This is Greg's quote. He states that he believes Tallboy and Carfixer were there.

Why lie unless he is confused?

I am sure Greg will explain himself.

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
tmac1337 said:
This is Greg's quote. He states that he believes Tallboy and Carfixer were there.

Why lie unless he is confused?

I am sure Greg will explain himself.

Confused about who might have been there? I buy that. I didn't talk to him on the phone that night. Happens all the time.

But his customer DID call him that night. You don't forget what your first customer's best E.T. was.

maraudernkc

Procharger Kit #0
Established Member
tallboy, do you really think I lied on purpose? I stated in the post about Tom running a 13.1 which you say is a 13.3 which I am not debating. I was not there. I stated in my orginal post that Tallboy and carfixer were there.

Chuck, since where talking about the track, let's talk about how you did not bring your car down to the tarck which would have been a perfect time to run a Procharger car that had only mufflers and 4:10 gerars. You did not bring your car down because your car would have saw the Procharger license frame on the back of Tom's car.

I remember why you could not bring your car to the track because it was getting detailed. That extra wax won't help you next time down the track.

Happy Detailing! :burnout:

tallboy said:
THERE! YA SEE?

A Tilogy guy and a Procharger guy AGREEING.

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
maraudernkc said:
tallboy, do you really think I lied on purpose? I stated in the post about Tom running a 13.1 which you say is a 13.3 which I am not debating. I was not there. I stated in my orginal post that Tallboy and carfixer were there.

Chuck, since where talking about the track, let's talk about how you did not bring your car down to the tarck which would have been a perfect time to run a Procharger car that had only mufflers and 4:10 gerars. You did not bring your car down because your car would have saw the Procharger license frame on the back of Tom's car.

I remember why you could not bring your car to the track because it was getting detailed. That extra wax won't help you next time down the track.

Happy Detailing! :burnout:

Says the man without a timeslip.

Who didn't show at Cedar Falls.

You can remember my car was at the detail shop, yet you cannot remember your first customer's best E.T.?

And no, I don't think you lied on purpose.

The car in question has 4:10 gears and flowmasters. I have 3:55 gears and a stock exhaust. Doesn't sound like a level playing field to me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread