ProCharger Kit Questions

MikesMerc

Established Member
MarauderTJA said:
But then again, in this forum I guess we can. Gotta love it... :lol:

What's amazing is that this discussion is happening and so far everyone has remained civil. I always beleived that if given a bit of "room to run" the SC wars would cool off and settle somewhere in the middle. By keeping the topic "off limits," a lot of pent up viewpoint comes gushing out when a small crack opens. Here, we are able to let the flames die off by themselves naturally after everyone has made thier own position known. I think there would be folks on the other board that would be impressed with how this thread has gone. it hasn't been pretty, but it hasn't gotten out of control either.

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
MikesMerc said:
I know, I know.

To be honest, the Procharger kit is obviously doing quite a good job. With right gears and higher stall TC, I really do see these kits running just as fast as the Trilogy guys. I just think it needs to be made clear that the Procharger kit really needs these mods to reach killer times. Not that that is a bad thing. Like I said, its the whole set up that counts.

I think it would be best to call it draw and let it go. Let's just have some good clean fun at the track and go from there:D

10-4. There is the old racing expression. Race what you brung :rockon: When we get side-by-side at the track, I don't roll down the window after the race, win or lose, and ask the guy what he has in his car. In fact most guys don't say a thing. We Marauder guys have to mention every mod we have, compare it to the next guy, and start the BS. Billy, yeah John shouldn't have said what he did. It insults guys like you and others. It is the nature of the beast. Big boys with their toys. Mine is better than yours. :fart: Mine will smoke yours etc etc etc. :bash: And if you get smoked, everyone is spending more money to make it better and faster. We might as well just stick the needle in our arms. Speed, acceleration and our cars are drugs... :loser: But you gotta love it :pepper:

mrogerc

Established Member
tmac1337 said:
Greg is a human being like the rest of us, no smarter or dumber, so if it is necessary to question the facts of someone it should be done tactfully.

Based on the nice looking kit he put together, I would vote for smarter.

maraudernkc

Procharger Kit #0
Established Member
Mike, very good point!

MikesMerc said:
What's amazing is that this discussion is happening and so far everyone has remained civil. I always beleived that if given a bit of "room to run" the SC wars would cool off and settle somewhere in the middle. By keeping the topic "off limits," a lot of pent up viewpoint comes gushing out when a small crack opens. Here, we are able to let the flames die off by themselves naturally after everyone has made thier own position known. I think there would be folks on the other board that would be impressed with how this thread has gone. it hasn't been pretty, but it hasn't gotten out of control either.

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
tallboy said:
My car has turned 13.1 on three different nights with three different drivers under varying track conditions. Remember-I do not adjust tire pressure and run 3/4 of a tank of Amoco gas.

I don't recall my track conditions ever being as bad as yours were that night. I expect your car at that time would have been at least as fast, if not faster, than mine.

Now, with the other mods and tune you have, I'll be getting a good look at that Procharger plate frame, I suppose... ;-)

Well again, that remains to be seen. But thanks for the vote of confidence Chuck. And for everyone else like Mike said, being civil. TMAC you have been so good, your posts are surprising me buddy :shrug: BTW, when I get back I hope to be going over to Diablosport, will give you a call. For sure on the Diablo tune day.

MikesMerc

Established Member
maraudernkc said:
Mike, now where did I say anything about kicking butt? I know if i did your going to find it and bitch slap me with it. :bash:

I don't think you did. I shouldn't have used quotes. I was more or less addressing the "tone" of the Procharger "camp." My bad:)

Since Tmac is doing so well on this forum can you talk to Logan about reinstating him?

I can give it a whirl, but I'm not on Logan's Favorite Person list either:) No matter what, though, I do think that tmac has gone above and beyond the call of duty for being civil and having friendly debate lately.

Tom's car down in Florida ran a 13.3 with gears and mufflers and that was with 99% humidity and dew on the track. He would of run in the 12's if the track condition was not so bad. Cuda shuda mighta but Tallboy and Carfixer were there and I think they know that these cars perform.

I hear ya. Sounds like a horrible night for the track. But, don't discount those gears...they are worth at least 2 tenths....maybe 3.

I am really just tired about hearing how our Marauders are too heavy for a centrifical Blower and you have to have a stall converter for them to run worth a darn and that is not true.

I know that must be aggrevating. But are you at least willing to admit that the TC mod is a particularly important mod for the centrifugal blown MM? I think at least that much should be a given. Its basic hotrod 101 anyway.

I do think F.I.T. is off to a great start.

Me too :beer:

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
MarauderTJA said:
TMAC you have been so good, your posts are surprising me buddy :shrug:

I know! Lucid, rational, even-tempered posts.

Maybe I should drive over to FT. Lauderdale and see if he's OK.

TooManyFords

carpe noctum.
Established Member
Since I seemed to "step in it" as the saying says, please let me take a moment and qualify how this "kicking BUTT" thing started.

Remember back to the beginning of this thread, it was about $$$ to get the kits comparable. Right, wrong or indifferent, the "original" comparison was that with all things being equal, a FIT ProCharger with a $700 PI Converter would be as good or better at $300 less cost. Nothing more, nothing less.

We can all go back and re-read this thread all we want, but this is what started it.

Now, continue!

John

TooManyFords

carpe noctum.
Established Member
tallboy said:
I know! Lucid, rational, even-tempered posts.

Maybe I should drive over to FT. Lauderdale and see if he's OK.

I'm taking odds...

1:1 Summer Cold
5:1 Fever
100:1 Malaria

:xpl:

just kidding!

John

MikesMerc

Established Member
TooManyFords said:
Whoa the horse! We have the makings of a side-bar thread!

We want details! Details!!

LOL...well ever since I gave myself a "self imposed" BAN a few months back...which Logan kindly made "official", I haven't quite gotten back into good graces. If I recall, it was tmac, MI2QWK4U, and me all going at it in a SC thread. I was having fun. I didn't think it got out of hand, but apparently I was wrong:)

*sigh* I dunno....somehow a few folks around MM.net think I'm just a bit too opinionated...now imagine that!!!!!!!!

That said, I have no hard feeling with Logan or MM.net. Its his house and he makes the rules. I'm totally cool with that.

Last edited:

maraudernkc

Procharger Kit #0
Established Member
:burnout: Mike, I will agree that if you want to drag race on the track that you need a converter on a centrifical blower car but for the street I have been very happy with my stock converter. I did just get a 3000 PI stall because of my forged motor and the drop in compression has caused my car to be a dog out of the hole and now I do need a stall. :burnout:

But are you at least willing to admit that the TC mod is a particularly important mod for the centrifugal blown MM?

MikesMerc said:
I don't think you did. I shouldn't have used quotes. I was more or less addressing the "tone" of the Procharger "camp." My bad:)

I can give it a whirl, but I'm not on Logan's Favorite Person list either:) No matter what, though, I do think that tmac has gone above and beyond the call of duty for being civil and having friendly debate lately.

I hear ya. Sounds like a horrible night for the track. But, don't discount those gears...they are worth at least 2 tenths....maybe 3.

I know that must be aggrevating. I think at least that much should be a given. Its basic hotrod 101 anyway.

Me too :beer:

MikesMerc

Established Member
maraudernkc said:
:burnout: Mike, I will agree that if you want to drag race on the track that you need a converter on a centrifical blower car but for the street I have been very happy with my stock converter.

Fair enough. I'll leave this topic alone now....its been beaten thoroughly by now anyway.

Keep us updated on how things progress with the FIT guys. I'll certainly be watching with interest.

maraudernkc

Procharger Kit #0
Established Member
Mike, your one of the good guys! ;-)

MikesMerc said:
Fair enough. I'll leave this topic alone now....its been beaten thoroughly by now anyway.

Keep us updated on how things progress with the FIT guys. I'll certainly be watching with interest.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
MarauderTJA said:
TMAC you have been so good, your posts are surprising me buddy :shrug: BTW, when I get back I hope to be going over to Diablosport, will give you a call. For sure on the Diablo tune day.

My phone is always on Tom. If you go over to Diablo Thurs-Sat I can watch your custom tune. I will be at the custom tune day for sure also. I can't wait to see what your car is doing with the 60 injectors.

Last edited:

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
MikesMerc said:

Noone here better put themselves out for me. I would not expect it and certainly have no desire to see it. As far as I am concerned it is very apparant those who contribute most on that board are over here now anyway. As much you some of you guys irk me at times it is all your posts I always did look forward to reading the most. (that is why all the closet dirt monger readers keep coming over here also, including Lord Logan)

Yeah I was really pissed off for awhile. I do not expect anyone else to even come close to understanding how much as it was my shoes, but that is over and done with, no longer worth mentioning.

maraudernkc

Procharger Kit #0
Established Member
Tim, those anger management classes really helped! Just take a deep breath and say my marauder loves me! :lol:

tmac1337 said:
Noone here better put themselves out for me. I would not expect it and certainly have no desire to see it. As far as I am concerned it is very apparant those who contribute most on that board are over here now anyway. As much you some of you guys irk me at times it is all your posts I always did look forward to reading the most. (that is why all the closet dirt monger readers keep coming over here also, including Lord Logan)

Yeah I was really pissed off for awhile. I do not expect anyone else to even come close to understanding how much as it was my shoes, but that is over and done with, no longer worth mentioning.

Last edited:

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
maraudernkc said:
Tim, those anger management classes really helped! Just take a deep breath and say DR! :lol:

Your right, the classes were worth every penny. I was surprised to see so many other people in the class as well.

Last edited:

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
tmac1337 said:
My phone is always on Tom. If you go over to Diablo Thurs-Sat I can watch your custom tune. I will be at the custom tune day for sure also. I can't wait to see what your car is doing with the 60 injectors.

Hopefully, and I say hopefully, Justin will have my car tuned at his shop by the time I get home from Dallas with the 60 lb injectors, Stallion and exhaust. But if not, next week or I am going over to his shop with weapons. Even after his tune, I want Scott to check everything out. So either way I am going to make Diablo tune day. I'll give you a call either way.

Users who are viewing this thread