ProCharger Kit Questions

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
MarauderTJA said:
Hopefully, and I say hopefully, Justin will have my car tuned at his shop by the time I get home from Dallas with the 60 lb injectors, Stallion and exhaust. But if not, next week or I am going over to his shop with weapons. Even after his tune, I want Scott to check everything out. So either way I am going to make Diablo tune day. I'll give you a call either way.

After it is all squared away let me know the next time you are going to Bradenton Speedway. If you do it on a Thurs. night I can meet you over there to get some times on mine as well. I may have to get a 60 pulley also just to run with you.

Any idea what effect a small 25 shot of nitrous would do? Beer told me that it could be used with no change to the tune and would deffinately act as a cooler also. But what does that translate into in terms of speed? I may have to have Carfixer install a kit and find out :D

TooManyFords

carpe noctum.
Established Member
tmac1337 said:
Any idea what effect a small 25 shot of nitrous would do? Beer told me that it could be used with no change to the tune and would deffinately act as a cooler also. But what does that translate into in terms of speed? I may have to have Carfixer install a kit and find out :D
Hey, you're taking my plan away!

Actually it does two things.

1. It supplies a low-end boost just as any other n2o shot would, but not as much.
2. Under full boost it will cool and condense the intake charge to give it a double bonus effect. I'm looking forward to this mod myself.

I'm going to do a dyno of this as soon as I can to see the effects and play with different jet sizes. (July possibly?) I want this done before MV-III.

Cheers!

John

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
tmac1337 said:
After it is all squared away let me know the next time you are going to Bradenton Speedway. If you do it on a Thurs. night I can meet you over there to get some times on mine as well. I may have to get a 60 pulley also just to run with you.

I am not going to go to the track again with my car until I get some drag tires and a more acceptable cooler day/night. When I get home I am gong to put on my second set of rear tires. I have no desire (other than once & awhile) to shred these new tires right away. Also I will be heading north to NJ and MASS and need to keep the rubber on them.

When I had the nitrous on my supercharged (9 lbs boost, headers) 93 Cobra Mustang it made for me about .8 better et on the 1320. But I had a forged bottem end and the car race suspension, roll cage etc. With a small 25 shot, it will make for a cooler charge and without question help with power. But without traction it is all for no. Both our cars are monsters on the street. I can be rolling up to 30 mpg and still boil the tires for a short distance, as can your car. It might be cool though for hitting the n2o button at 50 mph or better. I certainly would not add more boost if you go that route though. But that is my opinion.

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
TooManyFords said:
Hey, you're taking my plan away!

Actually it does two things.

1. It supplies a low-end boost just as any other n2o shot would, but not as much.
2. Under full boost it will cool and condense the intake charge to give it a double bonus effect. I'm looking forward to this mod myself.

I'm going to do a dyno of this as soon as I can to see the effects and play with different jet sizes. (July possibly?) I want this done before MV-III.

Cheers!

John

Hey John, do you have the 3.60 pulley on your car? I believe Greg told me you also have a Kooks system on your car. And how much boost is your car making? With our cars you have to be extremely careful as you know with power. That is the reason I installed the MAFia mas air extender and will be installing the 60 lb injectors with a re-tune at Diablosport. This was receommended by Scott Beer at Diablosport to keep the tune safe. I'll keep you posted. TOM

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
Tom those kits are relatively inexpensive for NOS so I may do this fairly soon with a 25 shot and keep my 70 pulley.

John, let me know how it turns out for you if you try this first. Beer told me that due to the high amount of HP the kit is already making to just use a 25 shot at the track with a stock bottom, plus the tune would not have to be adjusted.

I am extremely happy with my cars accelleration now. But, all this race track challenging stuff has my competetive blood flowing again.

I have a complete set of KDW2's in my garage now for street use.

Tom, what specific tire are you looking at for the track. If I get into this stuff I'll want an inexpensive set of rims for the rear, track only, with some drag tires. Let me know what you go with.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
TooManyFords said:
I'm going to do a dyno of this as soon as I can to see the effects and play with different jet sizes. (July possibly?)

John, do these kits come standard with a couple different nozzle sizes?

TooManyFords

carpe noctum.
Established Member
tmac1337 said:
John, let me know how it turns out for you if you try this first. Beer told me that due to the high amount of HP the kit is already making to just use a 25 shot at the track with a stock bottom, plus the tune would not have to be adjusted.
Thanks Tim!

I'll go and find out what the matching fuel jet size is when running 25 for the ZEX nozzle and post. Guess I'll be putting a hole in that pretty aluminum elbow soon.

Oh, and did you mention the tranny stuff to Scott?

One other thing I forgot to mention when we were talking about timing etc., I know the chip they sent me was set for 14° under WOT, but does that also come in off the line like that or only after 3500 rpm? I need to get my predator hooked up today to run some tests but I think that is happening right off the line instead of waiting till it is in a boost condition. I wonder because since plugging in the chip I've noticed my off-the-line is less than when I was just running the DR flash stock.

I'll keep you posted.

Cheers!

John

TooManyFords

carpe noctum.
Established Member
tmac1337 said:
John, do these kits come standard with a couple different nozzle sizes?
The kit comes with 75, 100 and 125 shot jets, but that is too much for what we want. My local n2o "pusher man" has all sorts of jets smaller for those that run direct port systems on V8's. I'll find out what the right set it and post.

Cheers!

John

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
tmac1337 said:
Tom those kits are relatively inexpensive for NOS so I may do this fairly soon with a 25 shot and keep my 70 pulley.

I am extremely happy with my cars accelleration now. But, all this race track challenging stuff has my competetive blood flowing again.

I have a complete set of KDW2's in my garage now for street use.

Tom, what specific tire are you looking at for the track. If I get into this stuff I'll want an inexpensive set of rims for the rear, track only, with some drag tires. Let me know what you go with.

Working on some combinations. I have been talking with Weld Wheels and will getting some wheels and tires just for the track. I'll let you know once it is all figured out.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
TooManyFords said:
I'll go and find out what the matching fuel jet size is when running 25 for the ZEX nozzle and post.

One other thing I forgot to mention when we were talking about timing etc., I know the chip they sent me was set for 14° under WOT, but does that also come in off the line like that or only after 3500 rpm? I need to get my predator hooked up today to run some tests but I think that is happening right off the line instead of waiting till it is in a boost condition. I wonder because since plugging in the chip I've noticed my off-the-line is less than when I was just running the DR flash stock.

John

John, if you are running the tune supplied with the kit it has less timing than myself and Highwaycruiser are running becasue Greg wanted to make sure the shipped kit had a safe tune. You can increase the timing 2 degrees with the predator. Cruiser is running my tunes I think. Depending on AIT, I run up to 16. I will ask Beer about the timing off the line and post back. 2 degrees of timing makes a big difference.

Let me know about the Nos kit and nozzle, very interested.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
MarauderTJA said:
Working on some combinations. I have been talking with Weld Wheels and will getting some wheels and tires just for the track. I'll let you know once it is all figured out.

Let me know.

TooManyFords

carpe noctum.
Established Member
Sounds good, can't wait to get the next upgrade for the Predator so I can upload the custom tune! I'm pretty sure the chip is set to 14 degrees so I'm looking forward to that additional 2!

I should know tomorrow about the jets for the low flow.

Which reminds me...

Greg! Can I tap into that shiny elbow connected to the throttle body? Is it thick enough to drill and tap? and actually get a couple threads? If not I'll have to use the adapter and seal it with "black goo" (technical term).

Cheers

John

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
TooManyFords said:
Sounds good, can't wait to get the next upgrade for the Predator so I can upload the custom tune! I'm pretty sure the chip is set to 14 degrees so I'm looking forward to that additional 2!

I should know tomorrow about the jets for the low flow.

Which reminds me...

Greg! Can I tap into that shiny elbow connected to the throttle body? Is it thick enough to drill and tap? and actually get a couple threads? If not I'll have to use the adapter and seal it with "black goo" (technical term).

Cheers

John

John, I have my AIT sensor there. I can be drilled and has plenty of room for threading. Greg should tell you the same.

TooManyFords

carpe noctum.
Established Member
tmac1337 said:
John, I have my AIT sensor there. I can be drilled and has plenty of room for threading. Greg should tell you the same.

If you have a digital camera, can you snap a picture of where you tapped yours? Thanks!

John

TooManyFords

carpe noctum.
Established Member
I just got off the phone with ZEX about putting nitrous on top of the ProCharger.

For a 35 shot, they recommended a 26 N2O jet and a 19 Fuel jet.
For a 25 shot, they recommended a 21 N2O jet and a 17 Fuel jet.

He did say this would probably run a tad on the fat side, but that's preferred than running lean in this case.

So, off to my N2O guru to get a handful of jets!

TTYL

John

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
TooManyFords said:
I just got off the phone with ZEX about putting nitrous on top of the ProCharger.

He did say this would probably run a tad on the fat side, but that's preferred than running lean in this case.

TTYL

John

Hey John, you and Tim have gotten me going mental/demented about this whole N20 thing. :dw: I did the blower N20 thing with my 93 Cobra Mustang years ago and it was kinda a blast. I have been doing some investigation and research on this for the past couple of days. So, if you would. Could you pick up the jets for 25 shot for me, or, give me his information so I can contact him. They can't cost too much. Would appreciate it. :rollseyes I think. (ya know we are just a little sick over this performanmce car thing. :D

TOM

TooManyFords

carpe noctum.
Established Member
I'll get them for you sometime this weekend. I'm going over to my brother's house at 5pm to drill and tap the fogger port in the elbow. At least for the car show the nitrous will be all plumbed and have the "appearance" of being a mean SOB!

Now I gotta go get my posters and such ready and pick up an easel for display. I'm going to use the factory marauder poster I got with the car, a copy of the dyno sheet that matches my setup from Greg, a complete list of Mods and my latest time slip with the 12.9 (best I've got so far).

Hopefully I can pull in a trophy tomorrow.

Cheers!

john

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
TooManyFords said:
If you have a digital camera, can you snap a picture of where you tapped yours? Thanks!

John

Send me a pm with your personal email address.

The hole is in the center bottom. You could put it centrally located underneath and hide it easy.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
TooManyFords said:

TTYL

John

John, in laymans's term let me know what kit number to buy from Zex and what nozzle to use to get a 25 shot. That is what Scott Beer told me to use, and without change to the tune, so I will stick with that.

I can't wait to hear about your results.

PM me with the shop you are using if they mail. I will buy the whole shebang from them if they are price competetive.

Last edited:

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
I'm working on this Procharger Air Box endeaver right now with Greg. I just took some highly detailed pictures of mine.

The box kicks ass and works great too! In the meantime before Greg is able to mass produce these, send me a pm with your email address and I'll send you some nice pictures if your interested.

1205si.jpg

1210sh.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread