Procharger F1C Cog System too much for a MMR 900

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I have an Aeromtive tank (sumped), an A1000 pump ( I may go to just duel in line 255's) , Aeromotive filters before and after the pumps, 10 feed, 8 return, aftermarket fuel rails, Aeromotive regulator. I plan on keeping the 60's but I will be looking for 80lb injectors.

Plan is to run 10 into one side of rail. Loop around to the other rail.off that rail to regulator, then out of bottom of regulator to return tank?

That work you think?

that's how I run mine except I have a Weldon 1100-A single pump and frpp 80's

JP_Stang

Established Member
Who said I would run out of fuel? The double in line pump would be a restriction.........well you were right.

I ran out at 5300 saw 14lbs of boost and 448 HP and torque was about the same.

I will install the aeromotive fuel system and go back soon I hope. If all goes as planned I should hit the 600 mark?

That was me buddy! Sorry to hear that man. I was hoping you would get by with what you had.

91svtcoupe

TTop SVT Coupe
Established Member
If you're going to run a big single pump, I'd look into a Magnafuel Protuner 750. They work well on the street and will support way more then you probably need. I've had issues with the A1000 before and vowed to never use another one. I'd run a -10 feed to a Y block, split to 2 -8 (1 for the back of each rail), then from the front of the rails run the 2 lines into the regulator, then a -8 or -10 line as a return from the bottom of the regulator. I found personally that when I matched the return line to the feed line in size, I had less issues with vapor lock when running a big single pump on the street. The Protuner 750 can also be mounted inside of a fuel cell as well, but you would need to get a little creative with the mounting. The 60lb injectors will be a restriction for sure and I wouldn't even bother going back to the tuner until you replace them with at least 80's (Personally I'd run even larger). What's your plans on fuel type? E85 at all?

scratch what I said:

My Aeromtive system has a 10 feed from the tank to the Pump (3 Feet?) then it goes to a #8 line to #number 8 fittings on the rails.

Is #8 too small? seriously I am thinking that a #10 is not going to do much good if its going into a #8 rail?

Logic Correct or NO?

On the fuel pumps, Yes I have heard of the no start stories because of the heat that a A1000 generates.

I have one Vortech 255 inline pump. What if I bought another one and used duel 255 inline pumps? good idea to use the vortech or source some walbros or something else?

80's is what I figured?

Someone please keep an eye out for me. Thanks

Fuel? I need to stay Pump gas (splash of torco?) if possible, I'd love to do E85 because I think that would make the car even more unique (kinda) but where I live the closet E85 is 30-45 mins away. Not worth it to me Really.

91svtcoupe

TTop SVT Coupe
Established Member
that's how I run mine except I have a Weldon 1100-A single pump and frpp 80's

I was going to look you up again and see what injectors you were running. Also how do you feel about the Duel walbros in line? Y blocked? or Duel Vortech's?

FRPP injectors or siemens? does it matter?

We also looked at your graph and talked about your car a lot yesterday Rick is impressed with what you did.

He is thinking I will be on the same graph as you, I prob want make what you did but hoping to see mid 600's

Whats your HP at 5000? Boost?

That was me buddy! Sorry to hear that man. I was hoping you would get by with what you had.

no problem, I really thought I would make it to 600 on the stock lines and my fuel set up, but now it shows to be true an Inline is really good for nothing if you have a 255 in the tank already.

Boost is hitting so hard/ Fast it just can't keep up at all.

First pull it went lean at 5200 and made 450ish then, he added more fuel we made it to 5350 and it went lean, we then cranked up fuel pressure by 7 lbs and it went lean at 5100 so we knew for sure it was the pumps.

PhillyLS1

Established Member
I see some of the problems you've had in your bay, this is the route I went:

DSC_1074.jpg

Granted, yes it's a Camaro, but the F1 responded pretty well to the mods. Just food for thought. If you have any questions PM me.

91svtcoupe

TTop SVT Coupe
Established Member
I see some of the problems you've had in your bay, this is the route I went:

Granted, yes it's a Camaro, but the F1 responded pretty well to the mods. Just food for thought. If you have any questions PM me.

Looks like made a custom bar to support your radiator? I thought about cutting mine up but right now I haven't had to do that and if I can help it I don't plan on it.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I was going to look you up again and see what injectors you were running. Also how do you feel about the Duel walbros in line? Y blocked? or Duel Vortech's?

FRPP injectors or siemens? does it matter?

We also looked at your graph and talked about your car a lot yesterday Rick is impressed with what you did.

He is thinking I will be on the same graph as you, I prob want make what you did but hoping to see mid 600's

Whats your HP at 5000? Boost?

skip the vortech's and just use walbros if you want to use multiple pumps. I personally prefer a single pump as it's just less hassle for me, and less prone to not delivering the goods when you need it. Do singles get hot -yes, but proper tank venting and a good pump that does not require a controller will help tons. as far as the injectors- I use frpp's, but only because I was able to get them for cheaper than the racetronix 79# I had before. siemens makes the frpp's I believe so no diff. in my eyes. If you mean mid 600's on on Rick's dyno- that'll be right where I'm at. You're going to shit your pants and scare the hell of yourself when Rick is done with the tune. Your car is going to be no joke on the street.

91svtcoupe

TTop SVT Coupe
Established Member
skip the vortech's and just use walbros if you want to use multiple pumps. I personally prefer a single pump as it's just less hassle for me, and less prone to not delivering the goods when you need it. Do singles get hot -yes, but proper tank venting and a good pump that does not require a controller will help tons. as far as the injectors- I use frpp's, but only because I was able to get them for cheaper than the racetronix 79# I had before. siemens makes the frpp's I believe so no diff. in my eyes. If you mean mid 600's on on Rick's dyno- that'll be right where I'm at. You're going to shit your pants and scare the hell of yourself when Rick is done with the tune. Your car is going to be no joke on the street.

I think I will right now just skip the vortech pumps, I will this winter be on the look out to upgrade some stuff.

My biggest concern but I just have to deal with it is that I will only be running an 8 feed line.

I think the A1000 will work okay with out a controller don't you? I know the controller it helps. How do you make sure you have proper tank venting? I was going to mount the A1000 in front of the tank

I'm on the look out for injectors. I think it would be a wise decision just to go ahead and change them out.

I hope it feels good. I miss the 600 hp cobra I had so bad, Nothing else is really as fun to drive since then. I mean I like having a Fox because of its lighter chassis but not having the power to make me smile is whats missing.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I think I will right now just skip the vortech pumps, I will this winter be on the look out to upgrade some stuff.

My biggest concern but I just have to deal with it is that I will only be running an 8 feed line.

I think the A1000 will work okay with out a controller don't you? I know the controller it helps. How do you make sure you have proper tank venting? I was going to mount the A1000 in front of the tank

I'm on the look out for injectors. I think it would be a wise decision just to go ahead and change them out.

I hope it feels good. I miss the 600 hp cobra I had so bad, Nothing else is really as fun to drive since then. I mean I like having a Fox because of its lighter chassis but not having the power to make me smile is whats missing.

if and when rick has an open house at amazon, I'll bring the car down and let you drive it if you want, if yours isn't done by then. as for the -8 feed line. mine is plumbed as a -10 from the sump to the pump, then it's -8 all the way to the rails and regulator, and -6 from the regulator back to the sump. I have zero problems with my fuel setup. except for venting- when it's 90*+ out I have to keep the tank close to full or the pump gets loud from working through the vapor. I am still utilizing the stock vent tube, but have the parts to switch to a -6an vent sitting on my work bench.

91svtcoupe

TTop SVT Coupe
Established Member
if and when rick has an open house at amazon, I'll bring the car down and let you drive it if you want, if yours isn't done by then. as for the -8 feed line. mine is plumbed as a -10 from the sump to the pump, then it's -8 all the way to the rails and regulator, and -6 from the regulator back to the sump. I have zero problems with my fuel setup. except for venting- when it's 90*+ out I have to keep the tank close to full or the pump gets loud from working through the vapor. I am still utilizing the stock vent tube, but have the parts to switch to a -6an vent sitting on my work bench.

That's great to know. My set up will be the exact same as yours. 10 feed to pump, then 8 to rails and regulator, 6 return.

My tank is an Aeromotive tank.....Honestly I can't remember seeing a vent tube on top of it?

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
That's great to know. My set up will be the exact same as yours. 10 feed to pump, then 8 to rails and regulator, 6 return.

My tank is an Aeromotive tank.....Honestly I can't remember seeing a vent tube on top of it?

there has to be somewhere, otherwise in hot weather there's a high chance of expansion then explosion.

knuckles4696

I 1/4 what you 330
Established Member
dont mind me just looking around your thread a bit >.> Oh HAI Encasedmetal.

In all seriousness this is looking great, definetely nice to see bit prochargers on your whips gentlemens.

Knuckles

91svtcoupe

TTop SVT Coupe
Established Member
Just a Little Update:

Sourced some 80lb injectors
Mounted them and UPR Fuel Rails
Have the Tank Painted up and just waiting on a few small pieces of line to have it back up and going again.

Maybe some pictures this weekend of the new fuel set up?

91svtcoupe

TTop SVT Coupe
Established Member
All the fuel system is in and I hope its all placed well. Give me some opinions if you have them:

Waiting on the injector harness adapters from EV6-EV1 and my chip to get back and then I can fire it up to make sure I have no leaks etc.

2012-11-05075019.jpg

2012-11-05075030.jpg

2012-11-05075041.jpg

2012-11-05075051.jpg

2012-11-05075105.jpg

2012-11-05075126.jpg

2012-11-05075335.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread