Procharger F1C Cog System too much for a MMR 900

91svtcoupe

TTop SVT Coupe
Established Member
I had brand new Coil packs, Brand new plugs, and installed a KB boost A Bump that was wired to be on at all times not just in boost.

after I installed the new fuel system and got the chip back from Rick the car was pegging 9 on the air fuel from the dyno. So I know the times I started the car, remember I had fuel pressure set at 15-18lbs just so the car would run and not choke out......I should have stopped then but hind sights twenty twenty....

after that I drove the car about 20-30 miles tops to make sure everything was in working order...I couldn't boost it none due to not being to the dyno so it was just normal driving around and with it being that rich Im sure it was killing the oil...

Then you take a trip to the dyno......and it took three pulls to get the fuel out of it...it was just so so rich with fuel..

I would assume thats what done it? IMO

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I've heard of Mach guys going back to the 01 computers because the earlier computers can handle the higher rpm. I can see the same thing happening with the Cobra computers.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

dwtjr3

Established Member
Anyone know what was different between the 2 computers? This is the first I have heard of it

I have a 01 gt so if I dont need to upgrade computers when I up the boost I will be happy

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Anyone know what was different between the 2 computers? This is the first I have heard of it

I have a 01 gt so if I dont need to upgrade computers when I up the boost I will be happy

My understanding is the processing speed. Since the redline on the earlier Cobras was at 6800 they had to be faster. The Mach's and 03/04's have a lower redline so the processing speed doesn't have to be as fast.

Users who are viewing this thread