Procharger F1C Cog System too much for a MMR 900

91svtcoupe

TTop SVT Coupe
Established Member
Video from a Friends I pad

th_BD278692-234B-44AB-9DCF-498C3AAC28E9-11597-0000054F45F51268.jpg

First pull, 510rwhp & 496rwtq(approx. 570ish on a dynojet) letting off at 5,400rpm and 15.4psi(Rob's F1A is pullied for about 22psi and can easily rev to 7k rpm)...still very rich so a lot left in it! :)

th_E3C8E522-D57E-4FF5-9381-9176F86959D8-11597-0000054CFBD2C44A.jpg

Last edited:

91svtcoupe

TTop SVT Coupe
Established Member
Okay...well I got the call from Rick today that the car still didn't do the numbers I was expecting but he says.......its an animal...lol

The story is this:

Car pulls hard all the way to 7k now...that's after Saturday's dyno session we saw some spark blow out at 5200.......

With new plugs in and a turned up the KB boost a spark...this fixed the blow out...

Car pulled according to Rick very Hard...but reported only 560 rwhp and then spun the tires....he mentioned that on a load bearing dyno tire spin would result in a loss of hp reporting's. It was reported they tried it again with Donnie in the trunk but it went very violently into tire shake/spin at the 5500 mark once again....

Don't know all the numbers yet but

560 hp
boost 18.5....maybe restricted some because of the inlet...it should be seeing 21-22 I'm going to ask him to pull it once more with out the home made screen just to see...
19 degrees of timing....

Ricks opinion is the car is easily a 650hp car on his dyno...he says hes had enough of them on it to know that.....and the car is just going to super fun on the street....Its a realization that were doing a 4th gear pull..I assume and were at the 5500 rpm mark...probably running 50-60mph at least and we are seeing tire spin......so that should be a sign of power and fun.....

For me...yes disappointed in the number But never the less the streets should be fun and black soon.....stay tuned for hazing 4th gear rolling burn outs.....I hope.....

CamCobra10

Established Member
Your numbers sound low, I made 525 rwhp with an strim @12psi going through a 4r700w....sounds like it should be making much more than 435....something has to be off

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Rob- if you take the screen off and it makes more power- that proves that your blower is being blocked by the radiator, which I think it is.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Well the tire spin theory is good, but if you're running street tires its expected. I run 295KDW2's.. I can spin in 4th gear with 4.10's and 630rwhp.. with only 18.5psi I would say that you should def be in the 650's on a dynojet.. That's a big blower that you're spinning.. Remember that too. I think that you are making the power that you should be with that psi :beer:

Last edited:

Helomech74

Established Member
What pulley combo are you running? The tire spin theory is correct, I've experienced this first hand (car read low on a dyno due to tire spin), took it to the track and ran it several times and the car was making about 150hp more then what was registering on the dyno based on ET and trap speed. As long as the car is running well, I wouldn't be too concerned about the number on the dyno, if it's a real issue just strap the car to another dyno and make a few pulls for comparison.

91svtcoupe

TTop SVT Coupe
Established Member
What pulley combo are you running? The tire spin theory is correct, I've experienced this first hand (car read low on a dyno due to tire spin), took it to the track and ran it several times and the car was making about 150hp more then what was registering on the dyno based on ET and trap speed. As long as the car is running well, I wouldn't be too concerned about the number on the dyno, if it's a real issue just strap the car to another dyno and make a few pulls for comparison.

Pulley Combo is a 38 tooth blower and a 70 tooth crank.....

91svtcoupe

TTop SVT Coupe
Established Member
Well it has been a prolonged update for a good reason...I do have one video of the car on the street....however after I picked it up and brought it home....I made it one mile down the street and the car spun a rod bearing and seized up the motor.

We had time to pull it apart last night and actually see what it was and that has been my reason for not updating my thread.

I wasn't actually unsure what had happened except that I knew the car started smoking/steaming like a blown head gasket but it was a very oily gassy smell also......I brought it home, unloaded it and took a friend down the road....one second gear blast, a third gear 3/4 pull and then when I turned around to come back it was acting like it was going down on power.....it started to smoke.....I then proceeded to put it up neutral and it shut off the car.....I tried to restart and it was like the battery was dead...(seized up)....I put it in third gear and pop the clutch and it cranked but puffed smoked from under the cowl and underneath the car...so I shut it back off loaded it on the trailer and that was it.

Last we night pulled the motor......Heads look fine, Pistons look fine, Rods appear okay.....the number 3 position rod, number five inline is blue and that's where the bearing is gone...all the other rod caps appear fine in color? however we didn't pull the any of rod-caps or the crank caps off to see the extend of the damage.

I might not fix it and I still might? depends on what the expense and the extent of total damage? Im torn between going back to push rod or fixing this engine and going back with my pro-charger set up. I do have a feeler ad going in-case I don't put it back together. A few thoughts I have also kicked around would be to fix the short block and put a c head swap on it and go Whipple..... I should make some decision next week.

Thanks for all the support..
Rob

my plugs

2013-02-03132836_zps70be51d4.jpg

2013-02-03132831_zps06bf5dfb.jpg

2013-02-03132816_zpsf03cb1a7.jpg

2013-02-03132810_zpse88095fe.jpg

Few pictures I took when I pulled the Cam Cover just to verify nothing hung up

DSC02159_zpsac54cd30.jpg

DSC02141_zps933dcbc3.jpg

DSC02138_zpsa36d9f8e.jpg

DSC02124_zpse8ffdc87.jpg

My oil....three pictures...finger dip and it runs off really quick...very gas smelling.

DSC02150_zpsaab5dc12.jpg

DSC02152_zpsc7f77b85.jpg

DSC02153_zps3e60215a.jpg

The last dyno pull which pulled over 21 lbs of boost with no screen on it..........I will up load that graph when I find it...lol

th_video-2013-02-01-09-48-18_zpscffbfa54.jpg

Last edited:

dwtjr3

Established Member
So thats what happened?

I cant beleieve how clean your engine bay is op, i want mine to be like that one day.

Just let me know if you are parting it out, I am still interested in the cams.

Helomech74

Established Member
One of those plugs looks like the cylinder was really rich. Possibly washed a cylinder down, fuel in the crank case, lost lubricity, spun rod bearing. Can you verify which cylinder that one plug came from?

After looking at those plugs again, looks like you have 4 cylinders that were running rich compared to the other 4 (But one of those plugs is still worse then the others.)

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
One of those plugs looks like the cylinder was really rich. Possibly washed a cylinder down, fuel in the crank case, lost lubricity, spun rod bearing. Can you verify which cylinder that one plug came from?

After looking at those plugs again, looks like you have 4 cylinders that were running rich compared to the other 4 (But one of those plugs is still worse then the others.)

This is what I told him too. I don't know if he's contact Rick@Amazon on this issue.. But it looks very rich.

91svtcoupe

TTop SVT Coupe
Established Member
since MMR built it, can't you invoke the warranty? sorry to hear this Rob, and makes me so glad I built my own motor.

Not really a MMR Problem....it was the fact that the car was so rich I am assuming with the new fuel system that it washed out the oil from the bearing and thats what happened.

Yea its really weird the way they look...but this could be from when the car was shut down. Considering I did get it back up and running for a minute after it shut off on me....but as for the spun rod bearing that is what happened.

This is what I told him too. I don't know if he's contact Rick@Amazon on this issue.. But it looks very rich.

The car was indeed very Rich....when I took the car back after installing the fuel system it pegged the air fuel on Ricks dyno at 9 on the first few pulls I think He got it out pretty quickly but I had previously started the car a few times and was noticing it was super rich.....I had fuel pressure set on 18 lbs just so the car would idle before dropping it back off to have it tuned.

Its still pretty rich now...you can see that in the dyno video....however I think that it was necessary with the amount of boost we saw. Its all up in the air really.....well we could have leaned it out some..but on his dyno pulls he said we saw 18.5 lbs of boost...the morning I picked it up we saw 22lbs of boost with no screen on it..I put the screen back on and we didn't pull it again so I can't say for sure that the screen made that much difference or not....point being really I was probably at a boost level that needed race gas so it could have been less fat on the fuels....hind sight it twenty twenty....the combo on race gas would prob make tons of power and would be an animal..but still with it spinning the dyno we don't know...I mean if its spinning the dyno at 5500 then we loose load and if we loose load we loose readings and I would assume we can't compensate up top for what is needed.

Simple fact of the matter is...the car has a spun bearing that locked up the engine after I took it one mile down the road. Now that's after I left Ricks place and took the car on a spin down the hwy in front of there place....we all know that the one mile I drove wasn't the place where the bearing spun and got hot enough to lock the motor up...my opinion is that it was already coming out....just my opinion...

If I fixed it I would do few things...

Not settle for 5500 dyno readings
add race gas or lower boost

Change the oil after you know the car has been pig rich......

Last edited:

91svtcoupe

TTop SVT Coupe
Established Member
The last dyno pull which pulled over 21 lbs of boost with no screen on it..........I will up load that graph when I find it...lol

th_video-2013-02-01-09-48-18_zpscffbfa54.jpg

2013-02-01101524_zps93088ccd.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread