Pro-Racer Package Roll Call

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
You can easily to either but I did datalogging on the street. Its not as safe as doing dyno tuning but much more accurate as far as load is concerned.

Glad your not my friend. :nonono:

lol he offered me more then what i paid for it so i said sure haha :beer:

i needed the money at the time aswell

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
i think this is the way i should go. the tuners in my area act like they are god...blow you of, talk down on you and in a lot of cases just say no. must be nice to have a skill that affords you turning down jobs at will in this economy...

that is probably the most truthful statement i have heard in awhile, a lot of the local guys here dont want to do just 1 car, it just isnt worth there time :shrug:

one thing i like about titan motorsports tho is that they will let you use there dyno for you or someone else to tune your/there vehicle, Lamotta Performance does this aswell :beer:

Justin doesnt let anyone touch his dyno as far as i know and RSP doesnt let anyone use it either

:nonono:

Last edited:

=fast=

Established Member
Im interested in buying the PRP, I tune gm veicles using Hptuners great software and a couple of s197's n f150's with Hptuners.

I want the PRP to tune all ford veicles i know it will be a great software.

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
It does. You have to buy a dealer package to have access to more vehicles or buy a package for each vehicle.

Yuuup...

Hense the. GIZ1, AMZ2, URB1, and SXH1 computer codes to the various vehicles I mentioned. SCT charges 100.00 per database file which is reasonable especially for how long I've used the program for my cars. Being able to change/adjust/refine tunes is something that I love to do at my leisure.

FORD4U

Established Member
i believe it was 100 per extra car but now it is 300 per extra car, i was ready to purchase this kit when i found this information. i have multple cars to tune so i will be looking at other options.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
i believe it was 100 per extra car but now it is 300 per extra car, i was ready to purchase this kit when i found this information. i have multple cars to tune so i will be looking at other options.

i think its 300 if the car isnt yours, 150 if you can prove it is.

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
I was looking into it, due to the fact I have to drive 5 hrs to get my car tunned. I'm just to scared lol, is PRP user friendly

Last edited:

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
PRP is a viable option for some but the learning curve can be more of a challenge than some thought or want to deal with... there are many parameters that can not be accessed without having the calibrator level software..so the PRP does have it limitations

some say that street tuning is the only way to get an accurate tune but it has its own challenges.. using a edy current braked dyno that puts resistance against the rollars is a good option since it simulates the weight of the vehicle and has a drag coefficent and weather correction factured into the results.

Last edited:

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
i talked to a sct dealer earlier around noon (yesterday) and he is willing to give me a "base" tune and told me my approach was correct:

take my time
tune for a stable idle first
narrow band is fine for n/a tuning to adjust idle
send him file for review.
until this is done, dont road or dyno tune.

does this should like a good approad too, 04sleeper?

Ive heard a lot of ppl say it is hard and so on...not that it matters but i am a Programmer in PHP/Mysql so i can "think" like a computer with table joins inner join left join etc...think this will be helpful?

ps, 04Sleeper, id like to start a dialog with you if possible...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread