Pro-Racer Package Roll Call

Janstang

Established Member
i talked to a sct dealer earlier around noon (yesterday) and he is willing to give me a "base" tune and told me my approach was correct:

take my time
tune for a stable idle first
narrow band is fine for n/a tuning to adjust idle
send him file for review.
until this is done, dont road or dyno tune.

does this should like a good approad too, 04sleeper?

Ive heard a lot of ppl say it is hard and so on...not that it matters but i am a Programmer in PHP/Mysql so i can "think" like a computer with table joins inner join left join etc...think this will be helpful?

ps, 04Sleeper, id like to start a dialog with you if possible...
Start out with a good base tune. Then you'll be able to do the majority of your closed-loop tuning via short-term and long term fuel trims. As someone has already stated, dont waste your money on a narrow-band.

chrisheltra

Established Member
chris

my memory may be failing me now, but you have the prp?

Yes sir there are 4 locals here with Lightnings that have it. Im fairly new to it but I have a friend that has a way with computers and software thats been helping me with mine and teaching how to use the PRP.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
Yes sir there are 4 locals here with Lightnings that have it. Im fairly new to it but I have a friend that has a way with computers and software thats been helping me with mine and teaching how to use the PRP.

YOU NEED A FRIEND? maybe a microbrew from that place on king st may help you decide :beer::beer:

chrisheltra

Established Member
YOU NEED A FRIEND? maybe a microbrew from that place on king st may help you decide :beer::beer:

Unfortunately I dont drink so you cant buy me off with beer. My friend and I are booked until after the new year. If youd like hit me up after then and maybe you can swing down for a crash coarse on a weekend or something.

Bird

Old and tired............
Established Member
Had PRP for several years now and also tune my SS and the other DD with EFI-Live - PRP is a great package and actually not too hard to tune with. Got my 'L' really tyweaked in with it..................

Bird

1 VET ETR

Established Member
So is there a way to pull a flash file off lets say a superchip and import it into the PRP as a base tune? Is this even possible? Anyone know how to do it?

murph

Boosted 3.8L
Established Member
< ------------------- PRP owner as well

As someone earlier in the thread ive got a 2000 built v6 stang and have been turned down by many companies in the midwest. so this was an option i took. Im no where near a novice at this because i still have issues where i :shrug: but seems like a great tool.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
<-----PRP tuned here. Going to be be an E85 ported Eaton car with a good shot of nitrous here soon hopefully and using it to tune the car.

black-plasma

Established Member
Had my PRP for 5+ years now. I always consult with Jon Lund though before any major changes, as he is the best.

black-plasma

Established Member

raycutchins

Established Member
Or save alot of money and buy it from the guys that made it :beer:
LaSota Racing Training Video SCT Manual

The reason why I put that link is because if you get the software from him he will send you the base tune file for your vehicle and supports you with advice and will review your tune file before you try it and blow your engine. I would rather spend a little extra money for the added service that Lasota cannot provide as far as I know. If they provide that service then it is a no brainer.

black-plasma

Established Member
The reason why I put that link is because if you get the software from him he will send you the base tune file for your vehicle and supports you with advice and will review your tune file before you try it and blow your engine. I would rather spend a little extra money for the added service that Lasota cannot provide as far as I know. If they provide that service then it is a no brainer.

That fine's, I was just showing that for the people that already have the PRP (which is everyone in this thread) that you can save $100 from buying the support material from Lasota.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
They actually DO provide that service and support.

raycutchins

Established Member
Wonder how this misinformation gets started???

Don LaSota

My opinion "I would rather spend a little extra money for the added service "
My assumption "that Lasota cannot provide as far as I know"
My conclusion "If they provide that service then it is a no brainer."

As you can see I don't know anything about Lasota as it was written, but instead of quick blurb then why don't you instead give a run down of what services you provide in this area. I bet this would be good for business for those that don't know anything about the company. This afterall is where most sells gets made.

04Sleeper stated that you provide this service. That would lead to people either research or calling you for more information like I did. What I didn't read on your site is that you provide this type of support through telephone or forum (ie, SCT). I found this out by searching the internet.

I am not trying to flame anyone and apologize if anyone feels that way as it is not my intent. I am just giving some feedback from a customers perspective. From everything I have read, Don is a good guy and a very knowlegable person.

Users who are viewing this thread