pit bulls maul owner to death

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The only way to separate pit bulls in a fight is with a break stick and even then it’s no easy task.

I only know this stuff from research. I would never fight dogs and despise those that do.
Fighting dogs is a whole other ordeal. The dogs Im around just tend to fight for dominance which can get ugly but usually doesn't turn out deadly.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I trust and love my American pit bull terrier. The dogs have massive strong heads and when the bite they shake their head and body violently. That’s why they inflict so much damage. View attachment 1451602

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Edit. Pure bred American pit bull terriers are not large dogs and males usually weigh 35-65 pounds or so.
When the article states the dogs weighed as much as her then they can’t be American pit bull terriers. My dog weighs 40 pounds.
Maybe these dogs were American bullies that are often confused with apbt’s.

Beautiful APBT!!!!! Many people are stupid when it comes to identifying dogs...my dumbass neighbors were convinced my boxer was a pit bull.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I would put money on my old Husky being able to murder me in my sleep if she wanted. She was absolutely terrifying but loved me and maybe two other people. But I'd feel bad for anything in the path if she ever lived to join a pack. I've never heard so many people say they have never been more terrified of a single dog than her lol.
My German Shephard when I was a young boy ended up in a pack of local dogs, this was the 70's and I lived in a suburban Mass town no leash laws etc.. back then. It became violent and had to say goodbye after 10 years with him and he was the sweetest most loyal pet then it's mentality changed..

blackfang

Established Member
looking at these dogs its pretty obvious they were mixed, not pure bred...I am also wondering if they encountered and were attacked by coyotes or stray dogs out in those woods, all out fight. If they turned on her and killed her, why would they stay and guard her body like they were waiting for something to comeback?
This happened about 10 minutes from us and there is a lot of unanswered questions. Everyone who knew the girl and her dogs disagree on the fact the dogs attacked her. Many are questioning if she was attacked by Coyotes because we have them here.

Sirhc7897

Established Member
My mother had a red nose pit for many years. Beautiful dog and very sweet but was ultra protective of her. I had absolutely no issue having that dog around my small children but would have never left her unsupervised with them because when she would start playing her eyes would almost glaze over and she would turn into a different animal. Just entirely too intense.

However she could be snapped out of it with just some calming words and actions whereas I’ve seen other pits that just had to work themselves out of it when they get “frenzied” like that.

Her intensity when she got into something was unbelievable though. My mastiff has something like 2.5x-3x the bite strength of your average APBT but I have no doubt she would have done far more damage had she ever actually decided to let loose on someone.

She had a possum in her yard one time that apparently hissed at her chihuahua. Bad move. All we found were parts of that thing left and there were some pieces hanging in the lower limbs of the oak tree she killed it under!! Absolutely shredded it.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
Actually, I wanna say what Bruno said earlier is quite true. There are many other breeds with larger size or greater bite strength but pitbulls stand out because they're relentless. I remember awhile ago going through several dogfighting videos online (figured it'd help me understand it more). One thing I learned was pits were used most because they're everywhere. I like to think of them as the junkyard Chevy or Honda that you throw few parts in and take to the track. Only a few breeds could really compete (caucasian ovcharka, kangal, etc) which always had the size advantage.

Someone else said it's up to the owners or how they're raised. I agree and I think pits are victims to their own popularity. Most common breed amongst my group of friends because of their "badass" reputation.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
This happened about 10 minutes from us and there is a lot of unanswered questions. Everyone who knew the girl and her dogs disagree on the fact the dogs attacked her. Many are questioning if she was attacked by Coyotes because we have them here.

Local news have stated that some of her friends are claiming the dogs got out of their cage. Not sure I believe that one, but I agree that there is a lot of unknowns in the case. Goochland Sheriff's Office didn't do a very thorough investigation on it if you ask me.

Sirhc7897

Established Member
Bite strength chart. APBT is pretty average on the scale.
275518969eefc68a170f09994d7490c9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I knew the hyena had a very strong bite force, but I didn't think it was that high. Wow. Over 3X the bite force of the APB.

Sad story.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
That list is crazy. My buddy had a giant Wakon Malamute that weighed 200lbs and stood higher than my waist line. It was a warewolf basically lol. Watched him bite through the center a cow thigh bone in one bite multiple times and he bit through the rib cage of a pitbull that got under the fence to their yard once. His bite strength had to be somewhere between the Mastiff and Kengel. Im just thinking because he was basically a wolf in build but in a record high scale for large size of a Mal. One of the coolest dogs ever though.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

o2gt

Established Member
I dont know much about dogs, but them guarding her body does not seem odd to me even if they did kill her. they could have gone back to seeing her as a friend. At the same time i could see them just wondering off after they were done.

if she way attacked by coyotes i would think there would be injuries to the dogs and some signs of them being there like hair, blood or a body. hopefully the bite marks can tell them something. I think there is something more to this story. But again if she was attacked by a person I would have thought they would have left some blood behind or some evidence that the dogs were subdued during the attack.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
But they're all soooo nice! So loveable. So cuddly. It's the owners that turn them... Gimmie a break...

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Actually, I wanna say what Bruno said earlier is quite true. There are many other breeds with larger size or greater bite strength but pitbulls stand out because they're relentless. I remember awhile ago going through several dogfighting videos online (figured it'd help me understand it more). One thing I learned was pits were used most because they're everywhere. I like to think of them as the junkyard Chevy or Honda that you throw few parts in and take to the track. Only a few breeds could really compete (caucasian ovcharka, kangal, etc) which always had the size advantage.

Someone else said it's up to the owners or how they're raised. I agree and I think pits are victims to their own popularity. Most common breed amongst my group of friends because of their "badass" reputation.
That is the reason that most weight pull dogs are American pit bull terriers. Once they understand what their owner wants from them they will give 100% effort to the death to please said owner.
I would never weight pull my dogs but I’ve seen the apbt in action. They will pull on that weight stack until either it moves and they complete the task or the owner physically stops them before they literally hurt themselves. They never ever give up. They are ****ing relentless.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
But they're all soooo nice! So loveable. So cuddly. It's the owners that turn them... Gimmie a break...

They actually are very good dogs. My brother has a pit bull and it’s without a doubt one of the nicest dog I’ve come across and if you knew my brother, you’d have thought it would be a killing machine that everyone thinks pits bulls are.

MFE

Established Member
I have no use for those ****ing dogs or for the people who harbor them.

Users who are viewing this thread